• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OT3| Frauds Among Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent some time in training mode did all his trials, only to play like ass and get bodied with Rashid lol, i completely forgot all the basics and went special more whore..

Xeteh

Dive kick -> MP -> LP -> L Flash Chop -> Critical

If it was all fast tempo it'd be cake; but the fact you gotta wait the frame out for the MP after the dive that totally wrecks my timing.

Try going right up in to Ryu's face, then back dash 3 times before doing the jump in. It spaced it out perfectly for me.

If it was all fast tempo it'd be cake; but the fact you gotta wait the frame out for the MP after the dive that totally wrecks my timing.

I do this in matches. It's easier once you get the feeling for when MP needs to come out, it's pretty generous timing after the flying cross.

You have more time than you think after the divekick (divepunch?). You don't have to rush it, even if you hit them at the very top of their head.

Anyone up for some matches?

Alex mains welcome, need to play against some good ones to get ready for the onslaught in ranked once people feel they are competent.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
So I haven't played this for a few weeks and I tried to play just now b/c Alex is out and I can't log in (PC version). Error 21009 (can't connect). Seriously? Anyone else having issues?

You get the 6 DLC characters and their 6 premium costumes for $30? Characters are $6 each and premium costumes are $4. That's $60.
It's not really about the value but the optics. I'd rather they have just upped the price on the pass and had it unlock everything.

Basically, if I pay-2-win, I expect to win.

Ferrio

Banned
Bah the aiming Alex's cr.hp looked a lot better in my head when you guys mentioned it. Still travels too far imo for a reliable AA.

Xeteh

Thanks a ton KimChi!

Ce_xTwKUAAAlDnI.jpg

FluxWaveZ

LMAO. I can guarantee that was a rage quit Omni, heh.

Edit: Wait, *wasn't*. Great typo. I'm still in the lobby, though, and it says you left the room, so I'm guessing you got d/ced?

Fook...I’m about to take momentum back from flux and we get d/c -_-

lol...

GGS man...

Yeah it gave me a 100107 (something like that) error...

Dunno wtf

Now I’m spent...I’ll hit u up in the morning to try out some new techs on ya,

Good stuff, you’re steadily improving. Less random craziness...very down to earth mika man. Much respect.

FluxWaveZ

Fook...I’m about to take momentum back from flux and we get d/c -_-

lol...

GGS man...

GGs. A bunch of close matches, but a bunch of lopsided rounds on both sides, too. I'm gonna have to read up on Ken's frame data when he's V-Triggered, 'cause some of that stuff looks a bit nuts.

Good stuff, you’re steadily improving. Less random craziness...very down to earth mika man. Much respect.

Thanks; that's pretty much the recent breakthrough I've had that's improved my game with her. I still need to do some crazy stuff to get in sometimes, but I guess that's Mika for you.

GGs. A bunch of close matches, but a bunch of lopsided rounds on both sides, too. I'm gonna have to read up on Ken's frame data when he's V-Triggered, 'cause some of that stuff looks a bit nuts.
Lol...Ken’s combo potential is pretty good when’s V-triggered, he can do good damage, but it requires good execution.

what I’m trying to learn is to hit confirm off of one hit. Like when I do that standing round house (that’s a two-hit confirm, but I don’t do the second one cuz it’s whiffs on crouch), or the first hit of his target combo, I have to get down finishing the combo or going into something else on block. That’s the next step to master ken, and always running after a crush counter for damage.

Lot of Ken’s stuff on paper is negative actually, but it depends on how you space it. Like Mika, crouch roll is -4 or something, but if you space it, I can’t really punish it, and its basically like a mini charged drop kick. Great Mika man.

Palom

I RQ any match with severe lag. Is this acceptable?
I've been contemplating doing such, but I just instead spam taunt and obviously don't go for a rematch. But I stick to Casual Matches, mostly. Seems perfectly acceptable to me if it's during the first round in Ranked.

FluxWaveZ

what I’m trying to learn is to hit confirm off of one hit. Light when I do that standing round house, or the first hit of his target combo, I have to get down finishing the combo or going into something else on block. That’s the next step to master ken, and always running after a crush counter for damage.

That's definitely where I'm at, too. I have to learn to reliably convert a passion press into a rope throw, since her game revolves around that move so much and a single whiff can make everything fall apart. One of these days I'll just spend 10 hours straight in Training mode with the dummy set to Random block and stay in there until my accuracy is near 100%.

jett

D-Member
After maining Mika for two weeks, I'm gonna have to agree with Mike Ross. I'm not sure this is Street Fighter, it's more like Random Bullshit Fighter.

Xeteh

After maining Mika for two weeks, I'm gonna have to agree with Mike Ross. I'm not sure this is Street Fighter, it's more like Random Bullshit Fighter.

I feel like you should take everything Mike Ross says with a grain of salt. He ditched Birdie for one of the queens of 50/50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom