• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Azula Han
4976b05108972f9a4fa6330898231d3955b3e5b7535c55dd2d33cf3022148361.jpg

HardRojo

I think people underestimate how many people ragequit not because of the points or ranking or whatever but because they're chumps with anger issues who can't take an L.
I'd agree with you if people RQ'd in casuals as often too, but my experience says otherwise. People hardly RQ in casuals, I don't even remember when the last time someone RQ'd me in casuals was, today I got 2 RQs in ranked in less than 10 matches (probably even 5 matches), this is my first day playing ranked after probably not only 2, but 3 months.

JayEH

I think Momochi's Ken is on a league of his own. No other has the bMP confirms he does, he plays more patient, more footsie oriented. Also he actually confirms sHK into Vtrigger. A ton of Kens will just Vt cancel regardless. just my observation though.

He and Julio are the only Kens I respect.

FluxWaveZ

GGs. I'm out of energy for now and Top 8 at Canada Cup is gonna start soon enough, anyways.

But man, playing Balrog's exhausting for me. I swear, he *really* needs SOMETHING to get opponents off. I know there are other characters without reversals, but they generally have offensive abilities to make up for it, and usually their V-Skills V-Reversals aren't trash. He doesn't even have great AA options.

I'm not used to devoting so much time to thinking about how to block, but doing so at least improves my fundamentals.

GGs. I'm out of energy for now and Top 8 at Canada Cup is gonna start soon enough, anyways.

But man, playing Balrog's exhausting for me. I swear, he *really* needs SOMETHING to get opponents off. I know there are other characters without reversals, but they generally have offensive abilities to make up for it, and usually their V-Skills aren't trash. He doesn't even have great AA options.

I'm not used to devoting so much time to thinking about how to block, but doing so at least improves my fundamentals.
Yeah I think he just needs his head butt back, at least EX be a guaranteed get off me move, I'm not sure balrog would be so tough with his invincible head butt not sure why it's his reversal and not a very good one.

Rog definitively teaches you fundamentals though, him and Ryu are great Alts to Mika.

Ggs man

JayEH

But man, playing Balrog's exhausting for me. I swear, he *really* needs SOMETHING to get opponents off. I know there are other characters without reversals, but they generally have offensive abilities to make up for it, and usually their V-Skills V-Reversals aren't trash. He doesn't even have great AA options.

ex dash upper having 1 frame armor would be nice.

Zackat

Du has inspired me to learn Mika. Gonna build up my wrestler team, Alex, Mika, and finally Gief.

giphy.gif

I hate mika!

So awesome Du won though.

I have a hard time against Zangief with Laura for some reason. I feel like that is a decent matchup for Zangief, or I am just doing something fundamentally wrong

I have a hard time against Zangief with Laura for some reason. I feel like that is a decent matchup for Zangief, or I am just doing something fundamentally wrong
Zangief can have an edge against any character that absolutely has to get in.

Mika,Laura,Balrog. They all are decent matchups for Zangief since zoning isn't an issue.

Zangief can have an edge against any character that absolutely has to get in.

Mika,Laura,Balrog. They all are decent matchups for Zangief since zoning isn't an issue.

It's also terrible for Cammy thanks to Cr.Jab. St.Hp is the only move works against him but he can still whiff punish it.

What monitors are people using for SFV? Think I'm going to pick up a new one for taking to tournaments. Leaning toward BenQ GL2450HM but I don't like the circular base plate. Although the newer ones with the rectangular plate is £40 more expensive. I'm not that crazy.

dawgparty

Getting back into the game and have no idea whats going on with the DLC characters. Are any of them zone-y at all? I usually play a defensive zoner-ish character in fighters. E.G. my SFIV main was Rose.

What monitors are people using for SFV? Think I'm going to pick up a new one for taking to tournaments. Leaning toward BenQ GL2450HM but I don't like the circular base plate. Although the newer ones with the rectangular plate is £40 more expensive. I'm not that crazy.

I use a tv that apparently has 50-100ms more lag than my monitor, but, I don't have a problem with it.

LakeEarth

Oh, duh, totally forgot about Guile. I'm shit with charge characters but I'll give him a go. What is Ibuki like?

Considered the worst DLC character tier-wise, and definitely has some issues. I have run into some people who are quite effective with her, but you were asking about defensive characters, and she is definitely not one of those.

Guile is Mr. Zone-y, and Urien has a nice mix of long and short range tools and might be up your alley as well.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

When in doubt, go ASUS.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
All tournaments seem to be using these Zowie monitors now. Not sure if it's because of sponsoring or if they are actually just really good.

All tournaments seem to be using these Zowie monitors now. Not sure if it's because of sponsoring or if they are actually just really good.

Think it's a bit of both. Will probably just get the slightly older BenQ for £110. Not a bad price for 24inch monitor.

Other top Kens play like Momochi. There's another Ken mirror in the video, there's a solid Ken named Mochalatte on SRK, and he is absolutely the standard I base my game around. Aren't you in platinum brackets? You shouldn't be dealing with random DP Kens much at that level?

Yeah, Mochalatte is damn good. I've played him IRL, as he's a Phoenix (or Tucson) cat that goes to the locals out here and is on my buddylist. We matched up in a tourney and he narrowly got me with a 2-1 set. He's better now than then for sure tho. I had slight sodium issues with him just edging out the W in that tourney.

Top Bottom