• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Anyone ever hear of this Alien000 guy? He recently made top ten, I know I've seen his name before, but I think he recently became a necalli player.
I try to keep up on the best necalli players, as one myself, and I gotta say he's got a mean looking one. Great reads, and his ability to switch between grabs, guard and attacks is so seamless. He's seems really good. Might be the new guy I take my cue's from .

Edzi

Alex is for battle lounge and casuals with friends. Trying to compete with him is a waste of time in this game if you already have an A tier or S tier main. Shit even Snake Eyez figured he'd be better off going back to Zangief lmao.

Yeah, it really seems that way. Shame too, since I still love his design and he's pretty fun to play.

I did such a dumb thing last night.

I have 200K FM left which i am saving for Juri and Urien but last night i thought i'd go into training mode with Ibuki as i've never used her yet.

I selected Training, then without paying attention i kept pressing 'X' on the stage select screen to quickly get into the character screen. By pressing X, so many times I'd ended up buying the beach stage with my fight money....

:-| crys

What a waste of god damn 70K and on such an average stage.

I did such a dumb thing last night.

I have 200K FM left which i am saving for Juri and Urien but last night i thought i'd go into training mode with Ibuki as i've never used her yet.

I selected Training, then without paying attention i kept pressing 'X' on the stage select screen to quickly get into the character screen. By pressing X, so many times I'd ended up buying the beach stage with my fight money....

:-| crys

Phht, yeah sure. You ACCIDENTALLY bought the stage. Whatever you say man ;]

Agree with you.

If it makes you feel better, Juri and Urien both will have their own story mode/trials/demonstrations/survival so it's not a clear cut 100k for a DLC character as you do get a healthy chunk of that back.

I actually don't like playing Nash against Alex all that much. It's hard to punish his slash elbows and flash chops because Nash's cancelable normals are really stubby. I wind up doing a lot of neutral jumps. When I can help it I like to pick Ryu which is basically unwinnable for Alex.

If I could choose between giving Nash Ryu's MP shoryuken or his sLK, I'd take the light kick every time.

To be honest other than that I don't really pick anybody other than Nash out of necessity. I guess Mika and Cammy are better for Ryu as well but it's not a big difference.

Also, beach stage is my favorite and it's the only one I've picked since it came out.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210805167]I actually don't like playing Nash against Alex all that much. It's hard to punish his slash elbows and flash chops because Nash's cancelable normals are really stubby. I wind up doing a lot of neutral jumps. When I can help it I like to pick Ryu which is basically unwinnable for Alex.

If I could choose between giving Nash Ryu's MP shoryuken or his sLK, I'd take the light kick every time.

To be honest other than that I don't really pick anybody other than Nash out of necessity. I guess Mika and Cammy are better for Ryu as well but it's not a big difference.

Also, beach stage is my favorite and it's the only one I've picked since it came out.[/QUOTE]

Dat boxer stage soundtrach though.
Set it as my new default. I like beach stage too, but damn if I'm gonna spend for it.
I honestly can't tell if these new stages are way better, or I'm just bored of the old ones.

I'm not impressed with Boxer's stage. I've been begging for a beach stage ever since the trailer for SSF4 had one. The only other one I bought was Guile's since it's so clean and the music is great.

Anyone ever hear of this Alien000 guy? He recently made top ten, I know I've seen his name before, but I think he recently became a necalli player.
I try to keep up on the best necalli players, as one myself, and I gotta say he's got a mean looking one. Great reads, and his ability to switch between grabs, guard and attacks is so seamless. He's seems really good. Might be the new guy I take my cue's from .

I'm pretty sure that's Haitani.

I'm pretty sure that's Haitani.

This is indeed Haitani:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i02wuSh34oU

Hyun Sai

Well, Justin said Chun Li is a bad match up for Karin (He lost to 2 Chun li, Chi Rithy in pools and Go1 in Top16) due to few answers to air leg pressure.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Well, Justin said Chun Li is a bad match up for Karin (He lost to 2 Chun li, Chi Rithy in pools and Go1 in Top16) due to few answers to air leg pressure.
A lot of characters can just standing jab that shit away, can't Karin?
Karin's crouching jab beats it clean and she can get cr.hp is you're on point. I've seen Mago do it, too...
He was just really off his game, apparently.

Zerojul

I'm assuming PDT since that seems to be the timezone for California. So that would put it at about 6 hours and 20 minutes from now. I could be wrong though.
That would be a very decent hour for me to watch/follow this without having to wake up (maybe for nothing) in the middle of the night :)

I hope they also give us a taste of the Juri theme if they drop a trailer. Not a big fan of the SSF4 version, felt like they were going for multiple "themes" in the same piece of music.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210805167]I actually don't like playing Nash against Alex all that much. It's hard to punish his slash elbows and flash chops because Nash's cancelable normals are really stubby. I wind up doing a lot of neutral jumps. When I can help it I like to pick Ryu which is basically unwinnable for Alex.

Also, beach stage is my favorite and it's the only one I've picked since it came out.[/QUOTE]
Really stubby and he pushes you away making it easy to whiff mid combo if you aren't kissing them at the initial hit.

Karin can hit you with the toe of her c.mk and pull herself into you to complete the full combo.

They should have shown a trailer back at Evo.

Everyone but Capcom was showing something. SFV is the flagship in Evo and it makes Capcom look like idiots at the end.

Top Bottom