• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

Xeteh

ruined by no latex tho. seriously looks wrong now lol

Yeah, I didn't notice that until after but I still dig it. Shame all these screens have her modded outfit.

http://deadendthrills.com/gallery/?gid=145

Some really cool stuff there, though.

Oh, I guess not all do.

blindsided.png

molnizzle

I don't understand why they don't just do what Hearthstone does. If you disconnect there it just counts as a loss. Why not do the same thing here?

Sheroking

Ugh, my game just crashed during a Ranked match when I got KO. Gonna look mighty suspicious now.

When YOU just got a KO? That's not really that suspicious.

People with sporadic DC's aren't being targeted at all by Capcom. Which is why the ragequitters don't have massive win streaks anymore. They have to take the L sometimes.

When YOU just got a KO? That's not really that suspicious.

People with sporadic DC's aren't being targeted at all by Capcom. Which is why the ragequitters don't have massive win streaks anymore. They have to take the L sometimes.

Sorry I meant when I got KOed. Screen went black for a few seconds and then I heard KO followed with the game crashing.

GGs! Yeah I don't know what's causing that, seems to be going in and out. Might be Comcast trying to screw me over again. Maybe we can see if it'll work better next time.

And GGs FireSol! Gonna duck out for now cause the lag seems to be getting worse. We'll have to play again soon, I think we both learned a lot from even that short session!

I'm glad we got to play a set of the Nash mirror, though. I threw a lot of extra fireballs at your because I wanted to test Yukadon's V-skill punish and it worked out great.

MrDaravon

How are the EX01 colors obtained? I see them in all of the color screenshot albums for the default cast/outfits, were these the ones that were tied to the CE or whatever in Japan?

Also unless I'm blind is there really no way to see your character or player level outside of when the game is actually loading you into a match? Not much of a practical deal but seems dumb. I didn't realize Color 14 was tied to your character level, I happened to hit 25 with Chun upon completing her Trials so I thought it was from that (unless it requires both?). So I just finally completed Ryu's Trials and had no unlock and was sad.

Neoxon

How are the EX01 colors obtained? I see them in all of the color screenshot albums for the default cast/outfits, were these the ones that were tied to the CE or whatever in Japan?

Also unless I'm blind is there really no way to see your character or player level outside of when the game is actually loading you into a match? Not much of a practical deal but seems dumb. I didn't realize Color 14 was tied to your character level, I happened to hit 25 with Chun upon completing her Trials so I thought it was from that (unless it requires both?). So I just finally completed Ryu's Trials and had no unlock and was sad.
They're Japan-only for now, but they'll likely be made available to the rest of the world eventually.

Best pace control
Two invincible escapes out of the corner
Super high CC punish damage on DPs
His Super AAs and whiff punishes EVERYTHING.
Scythe and V-Trigger make it very, very easy to get confirm last hit into super late in the match when both players are low
Trust me, his corner escape options are far from invincible. I've been stuffed and thrown back in the corner using reversal and trigger while trying to escape more times than I'd like to remember. They can also hit you on the tail end on the other side,

And when it comes down to it, I'd rather have a v-reversal that pushes the opponent away, possibly causing a knock down AND white damage, like almost everyone else in the game. It's good when it works, I just think other characters have it better.

Don't all or most character's CCs do big damage?

Karin, Ken and Chun (to name a few) look like they have some pretty easy confirms into CA. In fact, I can't remember a character that doesn't.

His little C.MP AA that takes off nothing and is worth the gamble for the person jumping in? It's saved my butt a lot but it's far from a DP. After that he has HK that is very situational and EX SS is limited use and like all of his AAs positioning has to be just right. Air throw pushed the opponent so far back it isn't even good for a set up on wakeup and is just easier to AA with jumping normal.

Ketch

Never understood why no one ever made a gamepad with an actual gated analog stick. Always thought that would be perfect for fighting games.

Yea. Like a regular ds4 analog with slightly more tension and gated like an old N64 analog would be perfect.

....Gonna have to mod my own controller.

Shadoken

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210731238]I don't know why you're asking this from me. I only said that Nash's V-reversal is one of the best in the game, never that it's abusable or overpowered. I'm just confused when people try to say it's mediocre when it's such a powerful and relatively unique tool that Nash has. It's one of the reasons why Nash doesn't need a DP when that's a "weakness" people are always putting on him.

Infiltration gets more mileaage out of Nash's V-reversal than Tokido does out of reversal DP. My point at the beginning of this whole thing is that people overrate the importance of reversal DP in the context of SFV and I don't see any reason to change that opinion. I would rather be able to escape the corner on a blocked heavy attack with V-Reversal than gamble a crush counter on a DP against Mika.[/QUOTE]

Wasnt targeted at you and your tier placement is correct. Unlike some others here who put him as no1 because of Evo knee jerk reaction. Some posters were using your gifs to say stuff like Infil won only because v reversal was a free escape. And that it cant be punished when it clearly can. Same complaints about his V trigger , its a good escape but can be punished and baited. But some people will talk as if its a "Free" escape.

But I disagree with your DP is irrelevant statement, tokido might not USE it as much but there is a clear difference when you see characters pressuring a non-DP char vs a DP char. They do tone down their meaties and offense a little.

kirblar

Wasnt targeted at you and your tier placement is correct. Unlike some others here who put him as no1. Some posters were using your gifs to say shit like Infil won only because v reversal was a free escape. And that it cant be punished when it clearly can. Same complaints about his V trigger , its a good escape but can be punished and baited. But some people will talk as if its a "Free" escape.

But I disagree with your DP is irrelevant statement, tokido might not USE it as much but there is a clear difference when you see characters pressuring a non-DP char vs a DP char. They do tone down their meaties and offense a little.
If you think that's what I was saying... wow.

Shadoken

Ah ok, no that wasn't me - yeah that's just dumb.

Also to your earlier question , I've spoken to many pros and tourney players as to why they dont want to pick up Nash. Its not about his strength , its just that nobody wants to deal with that kind of defense. Same deal with Vega and Sim. Pros prefer the more balanced strength chars like Ryu,Chun,Necalli , it leads to more consistent performance. Thats why you only see few people making those characters work.

Same deal with the Japanese players , in some interviews they have mentioned. They prefer overall balanced strength.

I dont know how infil makes him work so well , but even he is really scared of Mika and super offensive chars.. I cant be consistent with him in tourneys , and I was much more consistent with a mid tier character like Guy in SF4. There are times where I would lose 0-2 to a player who isnt better than me at tourneys. But then in Casuals I would beat him no problem. I guess download speed is very important. But then again that could just be SFV lol , too momentum based.

Please don't misrepresent my argument. I said that people overrate the importance of DPs when in the highest level play it's actually pretty rare. Not that it's irrelevant. Any tool is relevant. People are knocking characters down tiers because they lack a tool that isn't crucial to winning in SFV, and I take issue with that.

Wasnt targeted at you and your tier placement is correct. Unlike some others here who put him as no1 because of Evo knee jerk reaction. Some posters were using your gifs to say stuff like Infil won only because v reversal was a free escape. And that it cant be punished when it clearly can. Same complaints about his V trigger , its a good escape but can be punished and baited. But some people will talk as if its a "Free" escape.

Exactly. DP characters get more respect on wakeup for sure. There's little to be afraid of from Nash on wakeup and that's a big deal. Even EX SS is a gamble in wakeup and rarely works unlike characters like Ryu, Ken, Cammy and Necali.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210764838]Please don't misrepresent my argument. I said that people overrate the importance of DPs when in the highest level play it's actually pretty rare. Not that it's irrelevant. Any tool is relevant. People are knocking characters down tiers because they lack a tool that isn't crucial to winning in SFV, and I take issue with that.[/QUOTE]
The thing is, very few of us here will ever place top eight at EVO so we're playing the Golds and Platinums who are DPing on wakeup all day and are killing us with it and the threat of it.

Ketch

Checking out the Amazon reviews for that madcatz fight pad pro and all the complaints are about the dpad.... Has anyone here used one? How's the analog stick?

I'll probably just get another dual shock.

Shadoken

Exactly. DP characters get more respect on wakeup for sure. There's little to be afraid of from Nash on wakeup and that's a big deal. Even EX SS is a gamble in wakeup and rarely works unlike characters like Ryu, Ken, Cammy and Necali.

You should never EX SS on wakeup , that move is 6f startup and no HIT invinc. Better off doing a wakeup Jab at least thats 4f.

The thing is, very few of us here will ever place top eight at EVO so we're playing the Golds and Platinums who are DPing on wakeup all day and are killing us with it and the threat of it.

Nah its not an abusable tool , especially since Shimmy is soooo good in this game. Walking back on an opponents wakeup , doubles down as a DP and throw bait.

You should never EX SS on wakeup , that move is 6f startup and no HIT invinc. Better off doing a wakeup Jab at least thats 4f.
Oh yeah, I learned that the hard way.

I've been having luck with C.MP on wakeup lately, confirm into whatever I got on hand. Not sure if it's a legit thing or not (6f so probably not) but I use it sparingly. Jab is my main go-to though if I feel that I have to press a button.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";210765417]I mean, MP shoryuken does 120 damage and a good CC combo can do three to four times that.[/QUOTE]
It's a gamble that a lot of people at our level have always taken and will continue to take no matter what.

Top Bottom