• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

MadGear

Oh boy, just did Juris challenges ... the last one is so absolutely impractical. Of course it is not a surprise given the other characters challenges but still, I really wish this challenge mode was actually educational.

Of course the one time they end maintenance before 5pm is the day that I have to stay at work an extra 3 hours longer than usual.

On the bright side at least their maintenance times have gotten shorter.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
The game doesn't launch at all on my computer since the update...I don't understand.

Check your anti-virus settings. I think I had to add an exception to Windows Defender (or something like that) a few updates ago after running into the same issue.

hmm interestingly the game goes back to v 1.04 while it's offline to download the new patch.

They've been storing the title updates in a new file in the user AppData folder since v1.05. With each new update, it probably deletes the old one, reverting to v1.04 until the new download is complete.

Any word on directinput support?

Still nothing on that front.

molnizzle

Last week's 1-round survival CheatEngine extension still works. Just unlocked all the colors for Juri's costumers. Stay winning, PC!

What's wrong with it? It's not like it's a hard motion.

Trying to do a V-Trigger fireball xx Light Pinwheel xx CA does not work well.

09302ACF05A14B9E7E878EEF1F4F2694391B4ED1

It's not like the other characters where they can buffer their Critical Art when confirming off a special.

Moaradin

Eh it is pretty generous with the CA timing after the pinwheel. You can pretty much cancel into CA at the very end of the animation. Tons of time to buffer it.

why is juri's medium charge not an overhead

or her hazanshu

hazanshu isn't because it doesn't hit the character, it hits the ground, but yeah medium charge not being one is weird.

Anyone got that album with all the colours? I need to see if it's worth buying some of the juri colours.

The official app really needs to get frame information at the same time these patches release. No point in having a paid app that doesn't update frame data until weeks after content is released.

Good thing I had google rewards money to buy it or else I'd feel pretty shafted.

Huh something I didn't realise before, but you aside from dashing to cancel her vskill (and keeping the charge), you can actually stop the vskill mid-dash whenever you want by pressing it again.

Its -6

Pretty sure its just meant for combo extensions, you can link a sLK after it

Even better you can link cMP after it.

Xevren

Its -6

Pretty sure its just meant for combo extensions, you can link a sLK after it

You can always get a cr mp after it, but yea...definitely for combo extensions.

Juri seems pretty solid to me. Can confirm off of 3 lights with cr jab cr jab st lk into whatever. If you have a heavy charged can go into that and cancel the first hit into vtrigger.

Easy hit confirm with vtrigger on stock if you want.

Cr jab, cr jab, st lk xx qcf hk xx vtrigger, st hp xx qcf mk, cr mp cr mk st hk xx qcf hk xx qcf mk.

You can always get a cr mp after it, but yea...definitely for combo extensions.

Juri seems pretty solid to me. Can confirm off of 3 lights with cr jab cr jab st lk into whatever. If you have a heavy charged can go into that and cancel the first hit into vtrigger.

Easy hit confirm with vtrigger on stock if you want.

Cr jab, cr jab, st lk xx qcf hk xx vtrigger, st hp xx qcf mk, cr mp cr mk st hk xx qcf hk xx qcf mk.

That sequence is to drop risky for me, I'd rather do stLP, stLK and then the rest of the combo, it's much easier to confirm imo.

Juri's 10th trial is kind of tough for me. You gotta step forward to hit that s.hp but it makes it so that I get a DP instead of her qcf for the cancel.

Was having this problem but I was able to get that part down....

Now I'm stuck after the HP.

I can't get the light dp to connect after the light qcf.

Anyone have any tips?

molnizzle

Man, I wish the challenges displayed the inputs of the demonstration. I can't get the timing down for the ending MK fuha on challenge 4. Is it immediately after the HK or is there a wait?

Juri's Ex "DP" is only invincible on start up. A Necalli player beat the move in a jump in.

Yeah, it's only the EX is good for anti air. Like Karin ressenha.

JayEH

Yeah, that one was brutal. The 3rd step was stupidly hard for me but I got it eventually.

Right where I'm stuck. It doesn't look hard besides that...well actually dp to CA looks like it could also be tricky.

Man, I wish the challenges displayed the inputs of the demonstration. I can't get the timing down for the ending MK fuha on challenge 4. Is it immediately after the HK or is there a wait?

Yeah, it's only the EX is good for anti air. Like Karin ressenha.

you want to cancel the HK with the MK.

Top Bottom