• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTV| BUFF MY MAIN & NERF THE CHARACTER I JUST LOST TO

I like Juri's third color, orange/yellow, black and white. She looks like an Eva pilot but something with the lighting is off in Guile's stage to where her outfit isn't glossy for some reason.

Man, I wish the challenges displayed the inputs of the demonstration. I can't get the timing down for the ending MK fuha on challenge 4. Is it immediately after the HK or is there a wait?

Yeah, it's only the EX is good for anti air. Like Karin ressenha.

Her EX is not a good Anti Air. It's only for reversals on the ground.

Menitta

Her back H Kick can link into L Kick just like Ryu. It can then link into her stocked Q-circle forward H Kick.

Also, did they fix the beach stage?

molnizzle

Y'all weren't lying about this here trial 10. Gaddamn.

Trials like this remind me that I'll never really be great at this game... After I pulled my hair out on Karin #6 for like 5 hours I consoled myself by saying that at least it's not practical and not even pros will bother with it. Download some Karin replays from Smug and he does that shit like every single match. fml lol

Trickster

Jesus Juri's 10th trials is in-fucking-sane. Just the third step causes me to do the dp move instead the majority of the game. And fuck that last bit as well

molnizzle

For me the hard part isn't the DP into CA, it's the QCF+K into DP. Can't figure the timing out there.

In any case, Juri seems like another Karin. Too hard for my scrub ass. ;-)

Pompadour

Jesus Juri's 10th trials is in-fucking-sane. Just the third step causes me to do the dp move instead the majority of the game. And fuck that last bit as well

The trick for that step of the 10th trial is you need to walk forward, let the stick go neutral, and then do the special. I kept holding forward to connect the 2nd hit because the timing is really tight but it would just keep doing her DP.

Of course, if that isn't working for you then you can try performing her QCF as a HCF. That worked about 60% of the time for me.

The CA also was hard to land but that was more from me panicking that I was doing rest of the combo right so I couldn't adjust quickly enough. Essentially you just do the low fireball, mash out the DP and as soon as you see it start begin mashing out the CA.

For me the hard part isn't the DP into CA, it's the QCF+K into DP. Can't figure the timing out there.

In any case, Juri seems like another Karin. Too hard for my scrub ass. ;-)

I just do the DP as soon as possible. For some odd reason I tried practicing just that segment of the combo (fireball, DP, CA) and it wouldn't work for some reason.

molnizzle

The trick for that step of the 10th trial is you need to walk forward, let the stick go neutral, and then do the special. I kept holding forward to connect the 2nd hit because the timing is really tight but it would just keep doing her DP.

Yep. This works out for me excellently on pad too.

KingBroly

Banned
Hmm...I wonder why they went with in-game stuff for some of Juri's story stuff.

Juri seems completely different than what she was in SF4. I don't know if I it. It'll take some time for me to get used to it.

C'mon guys her 10th trial isn't that bad, karin's 6th is still much harder; juri's took me 4 tries.

Also 90 stages of survival done with Juri, colours 4 and 9 are pretty great.
6ba319b690.jpg

Why do people feel the need to say this? Some of us suck, the trial is hard for some people.

Well, some advice, just relax when you do it, you have more time than it looks to confirm a lot of the things.
Like I think you mentioned missing the CA? You get a lot of time to confirm after pinwheel, so just wait for pinwheel to hit and then do the CA (mash the fuck out of it if you want).

Menitta

C'mon guys her 10th trial isn't that bad, karin's 6th is still much harder; juri's took me 4 tries.

Also 90 stages of survival done with Juri, colours 4 and 9 are pretty great.
6ba319b690.jpg

There's something off about Juri's face in that alt. Her face looks much more narrow.

I was finally able to finish the trial.

The changing the qcf to a hcf helped a lot. The only thing that troubled me after that was canceling into the CA.

Keep trying if you're having trouble and ask for tips.

Xeteh

Break it down in parts. Practice the pinwheel xx super part. After that do the qcfHK vt stHP qcfLK...

I finished it earlier, my point is some people aren't that good and it takes a long time. Took me like a month to finish everyone's trials meanwhile people needed to let everyone know how easy they were and no one should have issues with it.

Quesa

Juri's trials done! Thanks for the heads up on the steps on trial 10 (though I'm not sure where the three are, exactly...) -- made them a lot easier.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I finished it earlier, my point is some people aren't that good and it takes a long time. Took me like a month to finish everyone's trials meanwhile people needed to let everyone know how easy they were and no one should have issues with it.

Heh I just finished Karin's #6 today! TODAY!! And now Juri's #7, 9 & 10 are messing with me. I did everyone else but not super ridiculous fast like some of the savages in this thread.

Top Bottom