• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gief's Gym is really helpful.

All the talk about the DP nerf motivated me to take a look at meaties, which I had always assumed would be really hard to do. It turned out to be surprisingly easy to get started with, following the instructions in GG, so now I want to see what else I am missing out on.

I made it.

Now I'm going go inside the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and I'm not going to leave until I'm strong enough to save the world.

Congratulations!

I made it.

Now I'm going to go inside the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and I'm not going to leave until I'm strong enough to save the world.

Congratz, I am only 24k away from you....
I don't play rank, lobbies/casual, although i am starting to think i need to move up some, the casual i am paired with at my ranking fucking suck and i beat them with ease...

vulva

I made it.

Now I'm going to go inside the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and I'm not going to leave until I'm strong enough to save the world.

So what you're telling me is that I'm better than RayRay, and he beat Daigo which means I'm better than Daigo

FluxWaveZ

So what you're telling me is that I'm better than RayRay, and he beat Daigo which means I'm better than Daigo

I definitely wasn't going to lose when I was finally so close to the goal. I probably played better than I ever have in that set. Though I had to accept the rematch to finish up the Bo3 after I leagued up, so I had to play super methodically to win again.

Aside: Which character would people say is the strongest when they're V-Triggered (the transformation type)? I've been thinking about this for a bit. I feel it might be M. Bison?

Ucchedavāda;226479658 said:
Who cares about Daigo? The person to beat is xxaznboi94xx.

lmao

The online arena and the local one are certainly very different beasts.

vulva

I definitely wasn't going to lose when I was finally so close to the goal. I probably played better than I ever have in that set. Though I had to accept the rematch to finish up the Bo3 after I leagued up, so I had to play super methodically to win again.

Aside: Which character would people say is the strongest when they're V-Triggered (the transformation type)? I've been thinking about this for a bit. I feel it might be M. Bison?

lmao

The online arena and the local one are certainly very different beasts.

I'd say Necalli.

Was about 200lp from super platinum and lost about 1500 in one day. On the plus side I just bodied Long Island Joe pretty badly. No sure if it was really him

Pompadour

Length isn't the reason why Survival is hard. Length is the reason you don't want to play the mode at all. If you have fewer stages you can crank up the difficulty more instead having braindead AI for 30-40 stages before the hard part.

That's technically correct but I'm sure the reason less than like 1% of SFV PS4 owners have the Extreme Survival trophy is a combination of both. If it were only 10 stages long but those fights were as difficult as fights 91-100 then I would have had that trophy within an hour. There's multiple ways to cheese the AI but they aren't foolproof so you can get very, very close to the end and get one AI opponent that won't take your shit and then you've wasted an hour of your life.

I'm guessing it's a new variant of the exploit where you can talk to the server and tell it that you've beat [Difficulty] Survival with [Character] (i.e. you'll get your ass banned by Capcom sooner or later).

SF5 finally gonna be on the White House steam soon
https://www.twitch.tv/getcovered

4e92d94881.jpg
#swag

rulerk1

Play Tekken and Smash but went ahead and bought this. Wonder how long it will take for me to be competent in this. Been playing Tekken since 2 and Smash since Melee

Kashiwaba

Ply Tekken and Smash but went ahead and bought this. Wonder how long it will take for me to be competent in this. Been playing Tekken since 2 and Smash since Melee

Not long if you have good fighting games background i assume you will hit gold in no time after that the real challenge starts.

That's just silly, the breasts accelerate at top speed at the slightest movement, as if they have no mass and the legs jiggle like literal jelly.

Boogins

Hey all new player here and wanted to know how to go about downloading the cpt dlc now that it has been delisted. I did purchase it, just don't know how to get to it now. Thanks for any help.

Wallach

Hey all new player here and wanted to know how to go about downloading the cpt dlc now that it has been delisted. I did purchase it, just don't know how to get to it now. Thanks for any help.

You can probably find it in your Add-Ons section below the game icon from the PS4 menu.

Wallach

Sorry I should have added that this is on a new ps4 so the purchase didn't happen there for the system to remember it or however you would describe it.

Oh okay, well just make sure you are logged into the PSN account that you bought the game on (and make sure you go into settings and authorize the new PS4 to be your Primary PS4) then after you re-download the game you should be able to go down below the game icon and select the Add-Ons section and will see it there.

Boogins

Oh okay, well just make sure you are logged into the PSN account that you bought the game on (and make sure you go into settings and authorize the new PS4 to be your Primary PS4) then after you re-download the game you should be able to go down below the game icon and select the Add-Ons section and will see it there.

Only seeing the new character pass and story. I'm gonna wait for it to update completely then maybe it will show up. Thank you for the help.

vulva

Only seeing the new character pass and story. I'm gonna wait for it to update completely then maybe it will show up. Thank you for the help.

If you've purchased it then I think it should just automatically be unlocked when you go to play?

What is the point of the character stories other than getting fight money? I am a total noob and completely terrible and just whizzing through them using like two buttons for each character. It's a joke. Did I select easy by accident or are there no difficulty settings here?

Is the main story the same way?

I still cracked and bought the 2016 pass. I figure I'll use my fight money for the 2017 characters.

This is such a great game though. Too bad it had such a terrible launch because buying it now it feels like a complete game that should be recognized as one of the best releases of 2016.

Zackat

What is the point of the character stories other than getting fight money? I am a total noob and completely terrible and just whizzing through them using like two buttons for each character. It's a joke. Did I select easy by accident or are there no difficulty settings here?

I still cracked and bought the 2016 pass. I figure I'll use my fight money for the 2017 characters.

This is such a great game though. Too bad it had such a terrible launch because buying it now it feels like a complete game that should be recognized as one of the best releases of 2016.

yeah I've put more hours into SFV than everything except WoW: Legion this year.

JayEH

the character are just that brain dead easy and no difficulty options. main story has an unlockable difficulty after you beat it. On Normal the story is pretty easy for about 75% of it then a bit tougher.

What will you eat this time if you're wrong?

I'm not falling for that again.

Or maybe I'm taking one for the team here. It worked last time..

We've still got 30 flavors of ass to get through, baby.

Oh. Top of page?

Fuck it. I stand by my statement.

Only one flavor here.

Main story is better, even has a harder mode. But the character stories are basically made to let you dick around as fast as possible. That's why you start off with meter lol

Kashiwaba

As a player who mains Rashid, Laura was always my worst nightmare yet i heard she is getting buffed for season 2 😐. It's time to start learning using Chun i guess.

myco666

That's technically correct but I'm sure the reason less than like 1% of SFV PS4 owners have the Extreme Survival trophy is a combination of both. If it were only 10 stages long but those fights were as difficult as fights 91-100 then I would have had that trophy within an hour. There's multiple ways to cheese the AI but they aren't foolproof so you can get very, very close to the end and get one AI opponent that won't take your shit and then you've wasted an hour of your life.

I just don't see any reason to waste players time by forcing them to go through all the trivial stages in survival. Haven't played enough Extreme so can't say where that actually gets challenging but atleast with Hard the difficulty comes around stage 40. Getting to that point still takes around 15-20 minutes which is just way too much time IMO. Having way less stages would still keep it hard but it wouldn't feel like a chore since you don't have to spend ton of time with going through the stages.

And you have pretty much foolproof strategies to beat the AI for early stages but at later stages they don't work so well anymore. So why not just cut the stages that you can easily cheese through and leave the ones where you need to think even little bit.

Pompadour

I just don't see any reason to waste players time by forcing them to go through all the trivial stages in survival. Haven't played enough Extreme so can't say where that actually gets challenging but atleast with Hard the difficulty comes around stage 40. Getting to that point still takes around 15-20 minutes which is just way too much time IMO. Having way less stages would still keep it hard but it wouldn't feel like a chore since you don't have to spend ton of time with going through the stages.

And you have pretty much foolproof strategies to beat the AI for early stages but at later stages they don't work so well anymore. So why not just cut the stages that you can easily cheese through and leave the ones where you need to think even little bit.

Well, the reason why it's both very difficult and absurdly long is because a ton of FM is gated behind that mode. So much FM, in fact, I'm sure 99.9% of the playerbase was never meant to unlock it yet they shoved so much there that *theoretically* you could buy every DLC character ever released with FM by clearing Survival with all characters on all difficulties. The business model Capcom has chosen for SFV sounds pretty great if all you knew about it was that there's enough FM to be earned just in single player to unlock every character, Stage, and story costume for Season 1.

The Survival mode isn't hard like, say, a particularly tough Dark Souls boss is hard where you just have to learn how to beat it through trial and error. Even employing AI cheesing tactics it's essentially random if the game is going to allow you to win or not. The only real deterrent is that the player is investing an hour of their time to roll the dice.

So I don't see Survival becoming much shorter without the FM being drastically reduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom