• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
I have got so close so many times. I think I was about <200 pts away once. I stink though.
This is me.

I also haven't played since umvc3 released again. I'll be booting V up tomorrow to shake the rust off for Akuma. I need to get to Gold.

Cathcart

Don't see how since the store is game.
Nothing in the store has gone on sale

Oh weird. When I click on the buy character button in game there is an option to buy that character for cash that takes me to the PS Store. But I just checked the store website and it's not there. That's what I was wondering about but I guess it's not a normal PS Store item.

Individual characters haven't gone on sale yet.

Thanks.

Oh weird. When I click on the buy character button in game there is an option to buy that character for cash that takes me to the PS Store. But I just checked the store website and it's not there. That's what I was wondering about but I guess it's not a normal PS Store item.

It takes you to the ps store because that's what handles the transaction, there is no actual item in the ps store that you are paying for, just a description being passed through by the game.

Csr

Yeah for some reason Kens m.Shoryuken works the best. Better tactic imo is to just do constant crossups with a easy confirm to knockdown.

Use ken so you can just mash it without super coming out, don't do anything that isn't srk, so no hadoukens, if you knock them down rush them to the corner.
Bison will always activate vtrigger when he has it, let him waste the meter like an idiot on block then resume srk.

Some chars will punish more than others (laura/sim), just cross these fucks up. Always choose attack up unless you have less than half health, always check if defense up isn't the better option instead of health up, defense up 2 is obv better than health low.

Thanks for the tips, i will try at least once again to complete extreme survival before the balance patch for the fm and the achievement.

myco666

Came for Akuma, got Rashid vs Ken. Atleast they play on the new stage.

Ucchedav&#257;da;226539876 said:
Is it just me, or do the all female SF statues by Kotobukiya look similar? They are really nice statues, but they all seem to have the same face.

It is the style of Kotobukiya Bishoujo line. Pretty much all of them have same/highly similiar face no matter what franchise they are from.

In case your not watching the WSO stream, they just said that the PSX build is not the final build but then Matt followed it up by saying he is unsure. They are playing on the PSX build currently.

Csr

Came for Akuma, got Rashid vs Ken. Atleast they play on the new stage.

Apparently they are going to do a random select tournament first, not sure if Akuma is in this tournament.
I assume it will take a while until the Akuma showcase.

Ucchedav&#257;da;226539876 said:
Is it just me, or do the all female SF statues by Kotobukiya look similar? They are really nice statues, but they all seem to have the same face.

It's not just you, the whole Bishoujo line is based on designs by Shunya Yamashita and his style has some serious sameface going on.

It is the style of Kotobukiya Bishoujo line. Pretty much all of them have same/highly similiar face no matter what franchise they are from.
It's not just you, the whole Bishoujo line is based on designs by Shunya Yamashita and his style has some serious sameface going on.

Thanks for the explanation!
It's a bit of a shame, IMO, since they otherwise model the characters really well.

FluxWaveZ

Does anyone have any explanation for this? It's with Laura: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y8Pl7lZa-E

The beginning of the video is me doing "CC st.HP xx V-Skill > st.HP xx V-Skill > command grab" twice to show that this is a thing and that I can do it consistently. I can do the final command grab with 90% accuracy right now.

The second part, however, is me doing "CC st.HP xx V-Skill > st.HP xx EX Thunder Clap > st.HP (juggle) xx V-Skill > failed command grab attempt" twice. I have no idea what's going on, but I can only pull off the final command grab at the end of this sequence with 10-20% accuracy, and I'm not convinced it's something fundamental with my execution.

It's like there's something in the game going, "At the end of this sequence, prevent Laura from command grabbing." It's just a V-Skill > command grab like the first part's sequence, but I can never get it down properly. Anyone know what's going on, or can anyone else do this properly?

myco666

Ucchedav&#257;da;226540676 said:
Thanks for the explanation!
It's a bit of a shame, IMO, since they otherwise model the characters really well.

If interested you can check all of them here and compare. It is really shame that they have similiar face and other thing that I dislike is that it is girls-only line so no boys. Would love to get some male cast with equal quality and matching size/design.

Does anyone have any explanation for this? It's with Laura: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y8Pl7lZa-E

The beginning of the video is me doing "CC st.HP xx V-Skill > st.HP xx V-Skill > command grab" twice to show that this is a thing and that I can do it consistently. I can do the final command grab with 90% accuracy right now.

The second part, however, is me doing "CC st.HP xx V-Skill > st.HP xx EX Thunder Clap > st.HP (juggle) xx V-Skill > failed command grab attempt" twice. I have no idea what's going on, but I can only pull off the final command grab at the end of this sequence with 10-20% accuracy, and I'm not convinced it's something fundamental with my execution.

It's like there's something in the game going, "At the end of this sequence, prevent Laura from command grabbing." It's just a V-Skill > command grab like the first part's sequence, but I can never get it down properly. Anyone know what's going on, or can anyone else do this properly?

Haven't watched the video yet, but yes there are certain buttons that prevent the use of certain moves afterwards and will always do something else if it overlaps with the command you're inputting.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Try double tapping Flux and see what happens. I believe I've heard of this problem earlier in the year or even during the beta.

Also, they just said the Akuma introduction video was possibly made with an earlier build. I would've expected the opposite to be honest.

This was it, thank you. The timing can be a bit odd if you're not on point, but reversing the input makes me land it convincingly now.

No prob, I used to run into that issue all the time with Laura until I figured that out.

Of course, reversing a motion you're used to kinda messes with your brain in the heat of battle, but enough practice will overcome that ^^

Speaking of statues, the kidrobot R.Mika figure made me laugh:
GdSNvJI.jpg

Edzi

Ucchedav&#257;da;226542062 said:
Speaking of statues, the kidrobot R.Mika figure made me laugh:

I just bought a box for $10 on Amazon on a whim. I'd be okay with Mika, though it might not be the best one to put on my desk at work.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Throws seem to do very little damage now, looked like 100. Or they went even farther with the difference between forward and back throws!?

Wow with the damage reduction with lower HP it looked even worse. Not sure why you would ever tech from now on...

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That would be a 40% reduction for some characters. Argue semantics all you want lol

And 100 base damage means 75 for low HP:
LifeBarSegments.jpg

It's less than before, but that still doesn't make 100 damage very little.

Also the damage for forward throws averaged at 120, the average for back throws was 130.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom