• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 Rank wins done, Fuck Me some seriously laggy players in rank, swear more lag in rank than casual, i play more casual...also every Ken player faced today ALL of them were lag fest, most of them were Yolo kens, lost to everyone of them laggy fucks..

Yeah I'm sitting in training mode now and that works somewhat. But that's only on a non-moving target that doesn't parry etc.
That kinda looks like a legit tactic tbh.

Karin.

Her sweep should work as well as st.HK. A well spaced vskill. Throws if hes doing wakeup jabs. Ex qcf+k should stop mash jabs. Thats stuff thats stopped my jabs, but if hes turtling you should aim to use your HK or sweep and fish for that CC.

So, uhm, what do you do against a Zangief that has the lifelead and just sits there mashing crouching jab? This beats absolutely everthing risk free.

Take a look at TOOLASSISTED's hitbox viewer:
http://toolassisted.github.io/LOL/

If I am reading it right, both her stMP, stLK, and crMP have hitboxes that extend past the hurtbox, and extends at the same time as the hurtbox. This should allow you to beat Gief's crLP clean at the right range, since his crLP has a hurtbox that extends past the hitbox. The MPs would probably be the best option, since that wont trade. stHK does not seem like a good option, since the hurtbox extends before the hitbox.

This season we got no promises of 1 character per month, they going to take their time and release at least 3 low tier characters, 2 middle tier...

Nine times out of ten, the answer to this question is "no". :(

There seems to be plans for some news next week though, but we don't know what it's about.

Well hopefully it's good news and not more ugly costume dlc. I saw on Eventhubs they matched the silhouettes with who they think it is and those characters look like low budget knock offs.

sixghost

Does anyone know why Ibuki's St.MP whiffs in the LP Raida, dash St.MK, St.MP sequence sometimes? It doesn't happen consistently against any character, so I don't think it's that. Is it just me mistiming the St.MK and the opponent holding back?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Did an Akuma just cancel his blocked sweep into raging demon on me? Wtf.

Her sweep should work as well as st.HK. A well spaced vskill. Throws if hes doing wakeup jabs. Ex qcf+k should stop mash jabs. Thats stuff thats stopped my jabs, but if hes turtling you should aim to use your HK or sweep and fish for that CC.
Sweep doesn't really work, I eat 10 jabs before that hits. St.hk at max range is ok, but I don't get anything off of it. EX kicks doesn't work at all.

Ucchedavāda;228709360 said:
Take a look at TOOLASSISTED's hitbox viewer:
http://toolassisted.github.io/LOL/

If I am reading it right, both her stMP, stLK, and crMP have hitboxes that extend past the hurtbox, and extends at the same time as the hurtbox. This should allow you to beat Gief's crLP clean at the right range, since his crLP has a hurtbox that extends past the hitbox. The MPs would probably be the best option, since that wont trade. stHK does not seem like a good option, since the hurtbox extends before the hitbox.
Wow, that's really good advice, these work much better. Thanks

edit: St.hp works pretty well, too. From the 2nd active frame on.

Sigmaah

Having a character crisis...

I love vega but being free on wake up, especially in this game is just too frustrating.

Here I was excited af for akuma but im struggling like crazy with him. Ima still play and practice with him, I'm sure it'll come with time but sheesh. Nigga has no reach lmao.

These niggas at capcom gotta make vegas v reversal way better or give my man a real reversal.

DON'T GIMME NO "but he'd be too good if he had one" ummmm no tf he won't lmao.

PUT SOME RESPEK ON MY WAKEUP.

Edzi

I love vega but being free on wake up, especially in this game is just too frustrating.

Here I was excited af for akuma but im struggling like crazy with him. Ima still play and practice with him, I'm sure it'll come with time but sheesh. Nigga has no reach lmao.

These niggas at capcom gotta make vegas v reversal way better or give my man a real reversal.

You should try to play a bit slower and see if that helps. One thing I noticed is that you tend to play a bit fast and wild at times, which seems to hurt when playing characters like Vega and Akuma who reward more careful and precise play.

Aren't most characters pretty much free on wakeup now? Akuma's better off than most actually, since he has an invincible EX and invincible regular dps in trigger.

kobu

I'm in the same situation I just don't think vega is good anymore but none of the other characters are clicking for me.

Sigmaah

You should try to play a bit slower and see if that helps. One thing I noticed is that you tend to play a bit fast and wild at times, which seems to hurt when playing characters like Vega and Akuma who reward more careful and precise play.

Aren't most characters pretty much free on wakeup now? Akuma's better off than most actually, since he has an invincible EX and invincible regular dps in trigger.

12/23 I think aren't free to wake up, but then u got some chars who have good v reversals that actually get the opponent off of them or travel a good distance away from them. While I try to v-reversal in the corner to throw them off but nope buttons for days.

I like playing fast and somewhat wild, I'm a marvel player so that's where that comes from. Vega allows me to play how I wanna in this game but no wakeup option whatsoever is a lil ridiculous imo.

Kobu I'm on the same boat, like none of the other chars really click with me like vega has.

Guess I gotta HOPE FOR DLC.

Shadoken

idk mang i feel like We should get a balance patch in Feb and the first DLC char in march. Similar to S1 schedule. Otherwise am done playing it seriously , will prolly hop in now and then to try out the new chars.

I was never really a big fan of S1 , but stuck through since i thought S2 would deliver. And S1 had pretty good balance for the firs iteration and new game factor going for it.

I'm so happy other people besides me find Balrog's EX low literally unreactable. I thought I was the only one who just sucked so bad and I've been afraid to talk about it for weeks (even though I bitch about over 9000 other things). Sometimes I block it, but only because I made a psychic guess. Unfortunately Capcom thought it was a brilliant idea to make it safe on block.

I don't understand this company.

Edzi

12/23 I think aren't free to wake up, but then u got some chars who have good v reversals that actually get the opponent off of them or travel a good distance away from them. While I try to v-reversal in the corner to throw them off but nope buttons for days.

I like playing fast and somewhat wild, I'm a marvel player so that's where that comes from. Vega allows me to play how I wanna in this game but no wakeup option whatsoever is a lil ridiculous imo.

Kobu I'm on the same boat, like none of the other chars really click with me like vega has.

I feel you with the v-reversal complaint. Alex's is booty.

So who's excited for eleven more months of this balance patch?

Oh... Oh no.

Edzi

I'm excited for 11 months of complaining about the patch followed by another 11 months complaining about the patch tbh.

Tbh, I don't think the complaints this season are the same as they were in S1. It genuinely feels like it comes more from a place of apathy/bitterness, since a lot of people still had hope in S1 that was sort of dashed with these changes. I'm not saying there aren't overreactions, but it would be dumb to dismiss the complaints completely. Capcom especially needs to take these reactions/complaints seriously, considering how much damage the launch already did to the game.

xabi

I just finished a few weeks of learning vega...quite a fun character.

He is such a unique character that there really isn't anyone comparable. I use his speed to kinda keep away with pokes and then when I see an opening I rush down and mix up frame traps with grabs. If that's how you play as well, try Cammy, Guile, Karin, and Chun. Maybe rashid. They also have decent reversals if you are willing to use EX

Try ibuki.

RK9039

Perfected an Ultra Gold Bison with Nash but I still lost the set. Fuck.

I'm so happy other people besides me find Balrog's EX low literally unreactable. I thought I was the only one who just sucked so bad and I've been afraid to talk about it for weeks (even though I bitch about over 9000 other things). Sometimes I block it, but only because I made a psychic guess. Unfortunately Capcom thought it was a brilliant idea to make it safe on block.

I don't understand this company.

Yeah it's the same for me too, I have to be already blocking low to not get hit by that. I can't see how anyone can react to it. There are a few others in the game that I have a hard time reacting to.

Sigmaah

I just finished a few weeks of learning vega...quite a fun character.

He is such a unique character that there really isn't anyone comparable. I use his speed to kinda keep away with pokes and then when I see an opening I rush down and mix up frame traps with grabs. If that's how you play as well, try Cammy, Guile, Karin, and Chun. Maybe rashid. They also have decent reversals if you are willing to use EX

I was thinking rashid for sure since he's literally the definition of wild lmao.

Try ibuki.

Deadass was thinking this too, was playing an ibuki and was like wow this is my type of playstyle.

Command dashes are my shit lmao. Coming from playing zero.

I frankly prefer Season 1. Chun was obnoxious to fight, but she's nothing compared to how strong S2 Urien is.
I loathed fighting Chun in S1, but I find the Urien MU fun. *shrug* Doesn't matter what happens, someone's always gonna be on top. Damage is down, reversals have been standardized, some of the dumber moves have been adjusted, I dig it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I made it to bronze as Alex I know it's not a big deal but this is my first rank up.
Good stuff man.

Deadass was thinking this too, was playing an ibuki and was like wow this is my type of playstyle.

Command dashes are my shit lmao. Coming from playing zero.
I think Ibuki is a good pick right now, because a few top players started using her, so there's good recent season 2 footage to watch. And she's not really figured out yet. Like, a lot of people don't know how to fight her.

Tbh, I don't think the complaints this season are the same as they were in S1. It genuinely feels like it comes more from a place of apathy/bitterness, since a lot of people still had hope in S1 that was sort of dashed with these changes. I'm not saying there aren't overreactions, but it would be dumb to dismiss the complaints completely. Capcom especially needs to take these reactions/complaints seriously, considering how much damage the launch already did to the game.

Of course the complaints aren't the same. They, like for every fighting game, pretty much morph into new problems as new things get adjusted, added, nerfed, or buff.

Frankly I think it's important people keep discussing what they like and don't like about the changes, because that's how things are fixed. It'll never be perfect, but companies can keep striving to find a balance.

And my comment was mostly poking fun at how it's a constant with people who play fighting games, including myself. They didn't have to keep DIO strong and not give shit to Akira in Jojo ASB, but hey fuck you Namco Bandai. Also, thanks for keep the high tiers in the same spots for Full Boost. I don't think there was a game where I liked everything in every update, even S2 still has issues with me.

(Still sore Xian is dropping FANG because Capcom refuses to make him even mid-tier.)

Edzi

Of course the complaints aren't the same. They, like for every fighting game, pretty much morph into new problems as new things get adjusted, added, nerfed, or buff.

Frankly I think it's important people keep discussing what they like and don't like about the changes, because that's how things are fixed. It'll never be perfect, but companies can keep striving to find a balance.

And my comment was mostly poking fun at how it's a constant with people who play fighting games, including myself. They didn't have to keep DIO strong and not give shit to Akira in Jojo ASB, but hey fuck you Namco Bandai. Also, thanks for keep the high tiers in the same spots for Full Boost. I don't think there was a game where I liked everything in every update, even S2 still has issues with me.

(Still sore Xian is dropping FANG because Capcom refuses to make him even mid-tier.)

But I'm not really talking about specific nerf/buff complaints, it seems like people are getting upset at the overall direction this game is taking with S2. That's the part I think people need to pay attention to, especially Capcom.

Though the nerf/buff discussions are important too. RIP Alex ;_;

But I'm not really talking about specific nerf/buff complaints, it seems like people are getting upset at the overall direction this game is taking with S2. That's the part I think people need to pay attention to, especially Capcom.

Though the nerf/buff discussions are important too. RIP Alex ;_;

I see what you mean. One of my biggest griefs with the game is that it's really offensive and didn't bring much in the way of defense. Yeah, as I've prattled on about before, you have juggles off of AAs and such, but those AAs could have wider hitboxes to compensate the trade off of jump ins. SFV S1 felt like you had to be on point with both offense AND defense, and you couldn't just straggle around one side too much. S2 feels like it's about constant pressure all damn day, and some characters struggle to get things off.

I like the concept of not putting yourself in unfavorable positions, and I don't want invincible backdashes or things like that back (and good lord no ultras please), but they need to allow people to breathe in this game, in my opinion.

Backdash can only go so far when gief mash cr.jab in the corner.

Jab AA needs a nerf. The one time I consider going to Ken and fucking Akuma jabs me out in a deep cross up.

That's really on Xian more than anything, there's no character loyalty to feel sympathetic towards here. I mean c'mon, what can anyone expect out of the character that's obsessed with "number two". Historically, Xian likes to choose the quirky picks, but FANG is no Gen, he's the game's Dan and a Hakan-like addition.

Dartastic

Hey guys I've had a few beers because work gave me them but I just got home and I wanna fightttttt anyone wanna play my pretty fresh Ibuki?

remz

You think that's good huh! watch this......

As for your linked vid, I just think Hagejin had some bad reads in that particular match. I don't think he was outplayed....I was expecting more dominance by the bison going by some of the comments tbh...

LOL. I love this video contrasted with all the galtu dickriding

I'm gonna straight-up say it: Guile is the least-fun character to fight in this game.

Whether I win or lose, every single match against this dumb brick wall of a man leaves me feeling drained and defeated.

Anyone got any general tips for stumping this chump? I wanna get better against him so I can cease my complaining forever but sometimes it seems like no matter how perfectly I read a Sonic Boom, I eat a Flash Kick when I try and gain some ground.

Edzi

I'm gonna straight-up say it: Guile is the least-fun character to fight in this game.

Whether I win or lose, every single match against this dumb brick wall of a man leaves me feeling drained and defeated.

Anyone got any general tips for stumping this chump? I wanna get better against him so I can cease my complaining forever but sometimes it seems like no matter how perfectly I read a Sonic Boom, I eat a Flash Kick when I try and gain some ground.

Who are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom