• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVI| The More I Know, The Worse I Play

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

I'm duly aware of all that and yet, still doesn't refute my claim in as it's intended purpose. Can it be improved? Sure. But taking away its intended purpose just to do so is....silly.

Hell, they could just make it that a hit doesn't eliminate the buff and only a throw attempt does, but don't allow the buff to stack outside of holding it, as otherwise, it'd be all too good.

What's the point of clinging on to "intended purpose"? If something can be changed for the better, I don't see how any of that matters. Nothing should be off-limits if it'll make for a better design.

Gotta say, I'm starting to feel really apathetic towards this game.

The long menu transitions, the fact that my character is shit, the good but not great netcode, only one character in the game that interests me.

If they manage to fix two of my issues, then I'd be loving this game a lot more.

BRING ON SEASON 2!!

mbpm1

The long menus, the fact that my character is shit, the good but not great netcode, only one character in the game that interests me.

If they manage to fix two of my issues, then I'd be loving this game a lot more.

BRING ON SEASON 2!!

this is me since juri dropped lol

I've been feeling this way now that people know how to properly deal with 'Sim. It gets to a point in ranked where the players just sit back and chuck plasma at 'Sim or wait for him to try and get in the sweet spot. Either way, I'm vulnerable as hell and can't do enough damage to make any kind of impact.

Skilletor

The long menu transitions, the fact that my character is shit, the good but not great netcode, only one character in the game that interests me.

BRING ON SEASON 2!!

I've got the, "I know a new version is coming" blues.

I'm still playing a lot (I think I ran into zombegoast, actually, lol), but more putting time into the new BB and playing Dishonored 2.

I fought a FANG the other night and I just kept uppering because...lol, why not? he does no damage!

Shmuppers

Can someone point me towards some good resources for learning FANG? Rog is so much fun but I need another charge character.

MrCarter

BRING ON SEASON 2!!

For me it's the awful battle lounge. Indication for connections STILL don't show up and you can't search via region, get it together Capcom. The overall netcode is fine for me though on good connections.

Mizerman

BRING ON SEASON 2!!

I'm more on that wavelength since I want to see improvements going into season 2 and beyond.

What's the point of clinging on to "intended purpose"? If something can be changed for the better, I don't see how any of that matters. Nothing should be off-limits if it'll make for a better design.

What's the point in changing it from that purpose tho when it can be improved w/o doing as such.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
As a pad gamer i always made this excuse "charge characters are not for pad users" and avoided using them only to see how Nuckledu plays Guile using one lool.

I've always thought that charge characters were far easier to use on pads than arcade sticks. At this point, I'm so used to pads that I'd probably do awful with a stick, heh.

FluxWaveZ

What's the point in changing it from that purpose tho when it can be improved w/o doing as such.

Oh, any improvement is fine, that's why I was just spitballing. But the fundamental issue with her V-Skill is its startup and recovery. No matter how they managed the buff, it still wouldn't be used more because the move is essentially suicide 90% of the time. That's why my go-to is reducing that frame data. But shortening its animation also means that it can't have the buff it already does + its V-Gauge build up, or it would be too powerful.

Something at the V-Skill's very core would need to be modified to make it actually usable, and that could mean rethinking its design entirely.

As a pad gamer i always made this excuse "charge characters are not for pad users" and avoided using them only to see how Nuckledu plays Guile using one lool.

If anything, charge characters are the ones meant for pad users.

BRING ON SEASON 2!!

I really only play with my brother or when people come over and we play locally. Waiting to see how Akuma turns out as he is usually one of my go to characters in SF.

BF1 has been taking up a lot of my gaming time. I skipped out on BF4 because of all the launch issues and I haven't really played a military style shooter in a long time. Want to get Dishonored 2 but am waiting for substantial PC patches.

I hope they announce a Pro patch for SFV soon. Can't stand the dithering on PS4.

I find it to be the opposite. Having a square gate makes it easier to charge due to the hard corners. Du is an outlier.

Grapplers are easier on pad IMO.
Nah pad is easier for charge characters because you can keep the down charge, stick users need to do a forward charge late by going into df before doing the move if they want the fastest charge

Nah pad is easier for charge characters because you can keep the down charge, stick users need to do a forward charge late by going into df before doing the move if they want the fastest charge

Different strokes for different folks I guess. Then again I've been playing mostly stick for over a decade.

JayEH

the one thing stick users have as an advantage when it comes to charge characters is those Double Flash like motions. Fuck those.

Skilletor

I really only play with my brother or when people come over and we play locally. Waiting to see how Akuma turns out as he is usually one of my go to characters in SF.

BF1 has been taking up a lot of my gaming time. I skipped out on BF4 because of all the launch issues and I haven't really played a military style shooter in a long time. Want to get Dishonored 2 but am waiting for substantial PC patches.

I hope they announce a Pro patch for SFV soon. Can't stand the dithering on PS4.

I'm always shocked at how much worse it looks on PS4. The shadows and dithering are so awful. This game would look tops blooby with a pro update.

ArjanN

Mika players don't care about the throw buff (outside of dizzy combos/setups). We're doing it in the (extremely) rare times when it won't outright kill us simply because of the increase in the V-Gauge for one of the best V-Triggers in the game (or V-Reversals).

Otherwise, her V-Skill is definitely one of the worst in the game, and that's why I'm thinking about possible changes that could be done to it for it to be used more.

I like it for the, like, two times I fought someone that doesn't know it's a buff and let's you charge it all the way. :p

But really because it's a pretty good move to troll people with.

I'm always shocked at how much worse it looks on PS4. The shadows and dithering are so awful. This game would look tops blooby with a pro update.

Switching back and forth between the versions is a little jarring. Hopefully they really look into it especially with how hard Sony is pushing esports with this game. Don't know how TO will feel about changing all their consoles to PRO though. Could get very spendy for gaming generations and smaller scale tourneys.

Roxkis_ii

Anyone know of tournament players or streamer that main Chun Li? I know Ricki Ortiz mains Chun Li but i don't think she streams. I'm just trying to find good players I can follow and steal from.

Producer

Anyone know of tournament players or streamer that main Chun Li? I know Ricki Ortiz mains Chun Li but i don't think she streams. I'm just trying to find good players I can follow and steal from.

Go1, MOV, Nuki and Sako are the best Chuns. You can find alot of tournament footage from them.

Dear lord whhhhyyyyyyy do I keep failing to fucking aggressive Kens ranked below me?
There is not a more frustrating experience in this game for me.

What beats out Ken's air tatsu as Chun? Seems like whatever I did it would catch me.

mbpm1

Dear lord whhhhyyyyyyy do I keep failing to fucking aggressive Kens ranked below me?
There is not a more frustrating experience in this game for me.

What beats out Ken's air tatsu as Chun? Seems like whatever I did it would catch me.

Use her upward kick, back roundhouse I think it is

But depending on spacing much of the time you'll have to air to air or walk under and hit him from the other side

The key is realizing he has like no hurtbox on his lower half of his body and you need to hit waist higher. Dumb but it's Ken.

Producer

bHK is your best bet but its not that reliable, you gotta do it early-ish. Her go to anti air sLK just gets blown up more often than not, not recommended. Imo its better to just avoid that situation and dash towards.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
For me it's the awful battle lounge. Indication for connections STILL don't show up and you can't search via region, get it together Capcom. The overall netcode is fine for me though on good connections.

It would be nice to see bars, but I just join the lounge for a second to see the connection quality. Not ideal, but it's a workaround. What I would like to see is filters for number of players because I only want to see 2-person lounges. Next I'd like to be able to filter for league, because I don't need platinum or bronze opponents.

emag

Lack of filtering by region makes BL worthless. It also inherits all the UI/UX failures that permeate SFV (lack of persistence of settings, single-button toggles for ready/rematch, lack of background data loading, etc.).

While we're dreaming, though, how about a hitbox display option in training/replay mode?

Lack of filtering by region makes BL worthless. It also inherits all the UI/UX failures that permeate SFV (lack of persistence of settings, single-button toggles for ready/rematch, lack of background data loading, etc.).

While we're dreaming, though, how about a hitbox display option in training/replay mode?

Yea I don't know why it doesn't have same region as an option yet. I've had players from all of the world join my lobby when I just want East Coast players :/. I would also like if you could restrict people to joining only to a certain rank too so you could only have high level players join your lobbies.

there's a lot of things they should do with SFV's online that won't happen this year or the next lol
or ever tbh

Boooooo, just played a gold Ken. He beats me first game, plays the run back, I win.... he ragequits. Should've suspected by his 14 win streak.

Nymatikz is an arsehole everybody.

I wish they'd just left Ken on the bench for SFV, he always attracts the worst kind of players.

Onemic

Yea I don't know why it doesn't have same region as an option yet. I've had players from all of the world join my lobby when I just want East Coast players :/. I would also like if you could restrict people to joining only to a certain rank too so you could only have high level players join your lobbies.

there's a lot of things they should do with SFV's online that won't happen this year or the next lol
or ever tbh

Why are you complaining, SFV was clearly made for the FGC.

MrCarter

IMG_0928.jpg

Silver boys. Finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom