• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

jett

D-Member
From Reddit:

Holy shit. Capcom simply inverted Cammy's bump map to remove her nipples, ruining the rest of her body. That's a whole new level of laziness.

That's hilarious. I'm glad I don't play Cammy, otherwise I would be unable to unsee her fucked up skin.

The fact that it took well over a year for people to even realize the shading issues on Cammy kinda proves you guys are digging a mountain out of an anthill. Hell, it took well over a week for some people to realize Cammy's nips were gone in the first place.

Jeez, that model is beautiful, and it goes great with Cammy's facial animations. If I didn't set a strict "Canon-ish only" rule for myself, I'd use that.

Still prefer T4 with how they did the story (or at least made a genuine attempt). After that, eh...
Easily the best story in any fighting game. A2, SC3, and IJ2's stories can eat T4's shit.

The last story trailer for Marvel Infinite actually made the story look somewhat interesting.
Yeah, I'm actually somewhat excited for that, oddly enough.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Thanks, but my reactions are pretty bad and most often when I attempt the AA headbutt Im either doing it too late, or when I do confirm it's into nothing since I've always eating a DP or EX DP when I do.

Playing against a million crazy kens have taught me bad habits, like expecting EX DP if I so much as think about doing a meaty or dropping a combo, and empty jumps or cross ups into throws, run into EX DP or Run into throws.

I tried using my buttons to advance, but You're very fast on your jab confirms and Im terrible at the.

I've learned some good stuff from the matches however, most notably to block low more often and be mindful of his command run. I think you hit me with every crouching jab or St.LK . Im just not sure what to do on Wakeup (besides Headbutt) that wont end up with me either on the defensive open to a free combo.
I'm not on Omni's level but I can give you the Gold Ken experience, and I could always use more Mika practice since nobody plays her anymore.

joe2187

Banned
That's hilarious. I'm glad I don't play Cammy, otherwise I would be unable to unsee her fucked up skin.

Okay I had to see for myself if this was true....and

DI6lyhtVwAEzT95.jpg

it absolutely is. You can tell just by looking at her Default and Swimsuit outfit.

They really do like half assing shit when it comes to cammy dont they?

I'm not on Omni's level but I can give you the Gold Ken experience, and I could always use more Mika practice since nobody plays her anymore.

Alrighty Im down whenever, You on now? CFN: ChefJoe.

it took this long because it's a single inverted channel on something that isn't very strongly normaled.

Like I said on the previous page, this is an easy fix, an extremely easy one at that, so now that it's out in the wild I'm sure it will get fixed.

MCD250

Lowkey, I resent the fact that Guile is a soldier and gets like four different soldier uniforms and meanwhile Cammy's a soldier and doesn't even get pants.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
GGs ChefJoe!

The connection was 95% solid on my end, hope it was okay for you too.

Some observations:

1) With some improved hit confirms, you could be getting more damage most of the time you land a hit. I felt like compared to Mikas who give me trouble, you were less likely to follow up a successful jump in or frame trap with a full combo.

2) You barely used command throws. The Mikas who wreck me use tons of throw mixups and make me guess a lot on wakeup. I wasn't really afraid of your throw game, so it allowed me to spend more time close to you, which is where Ken wants to be. I blocked your fully charged dropkick tons of times, but the vast majority of the time you followed up with the frame trap attempt rather than a command throw.

3) Your liberal use of v-reversal definitely stymied my offense frequently, however I'd say most Mikas I face use v-trigger more often because that's where some crazy mix-ups and/or combos come from.

4. You used slides a ton, and they hit me a lot, but if I were smarter, you'd have been getting blocked and punished more often. Same for the shoulder tackle. I probably wasn't optimally punishing that move, but you threw it out a lot and that's risky.

5. Your corner game was not as scary as the Mikas who destroy/anger/demoralize me. In addition to general throw mixups, it seems like this is the core of Mika's gameplan, so putting in the work there should pay off big.

MechaX

Yeah, we need to consider the story mode that was actually good.

X-men Next Dimension

Guilty Gear's story has always been lovable nonsense to me. "Oh shit, this super villain is threatening to destroy the world? Okay, we have a master plan for this interplanetary threat; Sol, punch this dimensional nuke so you can punch things even harder."

I still don't know what's going on in BlazBlue.

joe2187

Banned
Thanks for the advice, as for the throws. I never feel confident around Ken since they're always jabbing at me or throwing out normals like it's going out of style so I stuck with the safe ways of getting in instead of going full nutso.

I spent most of my time trying to escape the corner, and when I got you cornered I was more concerned with keeping my back away from the wall but would end up thrown back anyway.

I rely on the slides and tackles way to much and it's honestly what gets me killed 90% of the time. But it's the only way I know how to deal with cross ups and getting in against zoning.

I gotta play more footsies with ken, then any other in the roster. He's my worst match up.

Guilty Gear's story has always been lovable nonsense to me. "Oh shit, this super villain is threatening to destroy the world? Okay, we have a master plan for this interplanetary threat; Sol, punch this dimensional nuke so you can punch things even harder."

I still don't know what's going on in BlazBlue.

Blazblue has taught to ignore story modes in all Anime fighters...and pretty much Anime games in general. I tried....I really fucking tried....but BB is every single terrible cliche overdone fanfictiony trope thrown into one giant convoluted mess of a visual novel.

Neoxon

Just found out Ryu, Gohan, and the DBZ narrator all share the same VA

Kyle Hebert is good shit.
Kamina & Kakyoin, too. To go further down the JoJo rabbit hole...
  • The SFV announcer is Hol Horse
  • Vega is Polnareff
  • Akuma is Old Joseph
  • Hugo is Dio
  • Fei Long is Jotaro
  • Yang is Jonathan
  • Gouken (as of SFV) is Speedwagon
And concerning stuff outside of JoJo...
  • Abigail is Akira/Joker from P5
  • Menat is Futaba (in both English & Japanese)
  • Chun-Li is Rise, Black Widow, Spider-Gwen, DBZ Kid Trunks, Lucina, Fetch, Nadine....the list goes on
  • Yang is Yu, Zero, Nero, etc.
  • Hugo is Endeavor, Scorpion, etc.
  • Fei Long is Hit (DBS), McCree, Hercules (Marvel's version of him), Yusuke, etc.
  • Crimson Viper is Kawakami & Yukari
  • Guile is Thor, Knuckles, Jay Garrick, etc.
  • Sagat is Thanos
  • Rashid is Space Dandy & Whis
  • Birdie is Strider Hiryu
  • Karin is Squigly
  • Cammy is Vados
  • Ken is Dante
  • Urien is King Rhoam
  • Necalli is a member of TeamFourStar
  • Gill is Doctor Strange & Asura
  • Kolin is Amy Rose
  • Nash is Master Roshi & Yajirobe
And as a bonus, English Jin in SFxT is Rock (from Black Lagoon) & Light Yagami

• 1 Akuma is Old Joseph
  • 2 Hugo is Dio
  • 3 Hugo is Endeavor, Scorpion, etc.
  • 4 Fei Long is Hit (DBS), McCree, Hercules (Marvel's version of him), Yusuke, etc.
  • 5 Rashid is Space Dandy & Whis
  • 6 Birdie is Strider Hiryu
  • 7 Gill is Doctor Strange & Asura
  • 8 Nash is Master Roshi & Yajirobe
  • 1 I almost yelled "HOREEE SHIEEEET" in amazement until I realized you were referring to the EN dub.
  • 2 That makes no sense at all
  • 3 If you mean MK's Scorpion, that makes even less sense.
  • 4 McCree is Bruce Lee? Explains why his roll is BS
  • 5 Rashid being Space Dandy is too perfect
  • 6 How does that work
  • 7 Strange I can somewhat get. Asura though? What?
  • 8 what

Neoxon

holy shit what, which TFS mem is necalli

Edit: Mark swint, whose he play?
Marc Swint voiced...
  • Willingham in Hellsing Ultimate Abridged
  • The first narrator in Super Android 13 Abridged
  • Super World Attendant in World's Strongest Abridged
  • Hannes in Attack on Titan Abridged
He also helps out on the editing side of things for TFS's various projects. In fact, Marc isn't the first TFS VA to make it big. KaiserNeko, Justin Briner, Takahata101, & Lanipator are all on Funimation's payroll.

I have a mix of english and japanese. Ryu, Ken, Chun, Akuma, Ibuki, Karin, Laura, Mika, Urien, Juri, Vega, and Bison in japanese.

All others are alright in English.

Top Bottom