• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

I'm holding out for both Season passes to get discounted as well. Hopefully no more than 10 each. I'm not planning on subscribing to PS Plus anymore so PC will be my only platform after that. Problem is that I have a ton of stuff on PS4 already and nothing on PC besides unlocking Akuma with FM and buying Ryu's school outfit. Would really like to have the complete roster and extra stages, but I gotta see a hefty price drop first.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
They should both go on sale for 10 each, S1 just did this weekend, S2 should go down in January.
I don't think S2 is going to drop from 30 to 10 just like that. S1 is currently still $20 MSRP, isn't it? I'd expect the same from S2 when it gets a permanent drop and I wouldn't expect it to be be further discounted for a while.

Still, it will indeed be cheaper than buying AE.

ElFly

I always liked Guy but the redonkulous long jump always fucked me in the alpha gams

it's like if you ain't at max distance, you are gonna fly over ryu throwing an otherwise ill advised fireball at you, and end up on the other side of the universe

i think the worst part of his kit is vtrigger.
single use same combo 100% of the time juri ripoff

Actually, this ain't true. In fact, I saw a few awesome variations on VT combos for Zeku from the stream yesterday. He doesn't have to just combo into his ascending lights-> heavy combo - he can still do link combos off of it. So on the stream, Harrison did st.hk xx VT Activation -> st.hk -> VT Dash -> St.HK xx VT Ender (if you hit VT again, you get a VT Combo ender) -> super/ex.

Juri's VT is in a weirder position because she can chain her specials into one another, and then made her specials actually usable without having to charge them. Her specials only become good once she enters VT, whereas Zeku is solid before he activates.

kikiribu

Juri already has an air throw tho. Looks sick too.

I haven't had enough time with her but just from what I remember, I'd start by increasing her VT time/decreasing drain. I'd also buff her sMP all around. It sucks. These still seem like Vega-tier ”buffs" though, she's gonna need more attention than that.

Infli wants to give her an air throw or counter or something I forgot.

I think she needs a little more than that.
She already has an air throw and that throw is actually amazing for AAing. It's the one satisfying part to her kit.

My issues with SFV Juri extend way past balance but improving her VT can be as simple as: a) making it not deplete with chaining normals; b) letting OH begin the magic series; or c) just straight up extending the time a good bit.

Juri should have infinite v-trigger after activation like necalli. Cause she's got good normals, but terrible special moves.

Her specials are okay, but her normals are what need more work, imo. Especially her AA normals, as demonstrated vividly by Infiltration on his Twitter not too long ago. Hit boxes for them are just not where they should be.

One of the ways i'd probably try to buff her current VT is to allow pinwheel to be added to the list of special cancelable moves. One of the other buffs i'd give her is to give her all of her specials loaded at the start of the round, similar to how Ibuki has all of her Kunai loaded at the start. In fact, i've thought about it a lot, and I just don't see why Juri has to load up her specials at the start of the round. Its not like those tools are that powerful at round-start neutral anyway.

MCD250

I find one of the problems with figuring out what can be done to help Juri is that, uh, not a lot of people play her at high/competitive levels. So it's a bit difficult to get good feedback on what it is she might need. But I remember Sooa (solid Juri player from Korea) said a little while back that she thinks Juri could be improved a lot by making her V-Trigger not deplete with every hit, giving her slightly better anti-airs and making one of her heavies (I think it was her sHK) like -2 instead of -5 or whatever it is now.

This would be absolutely insane and actually broken.
It'd help her break into the top 10 tho

Her specials are okay, but her normals are what need more work, imo. Especially her AA normals, as demonstrated vividly by Infiltration on his Twitter not too long ago. Hit boxes for them are just not where they should be.

One of the ways i'd probably try to buff her current VT is to allow pinwheel to be added to the list of special cancelable moves. One of the other buffs i'd give her is to give her all of her specials loaded at the start of the round, similar to how Ibuki has all of her Kunai loaded at the start. In fact, i've thought about it a lot, and I just don't see why Juri has to load up her specials at the start of the round. Its not like those tools are that powerful at round-start neutral anyway.

Most of my observations come from playing against Juris. I always feel like her normals are rather good in comparison to most of the cast. Good reach, decent start up time, Her AAs are definitely lacking but so are everyone else's. I do agree on giving her three specials on round start to be the best idea. I think she also needs another non-charge special maybe her dive kick or her counter or something new.

How about giving her a follow up/cancel to her charge? Press 2P during or after a charge to cancel it into a counter state that uses 1 charge if hit (probably the charge of the kick she just used) or 3P to enter a counter state for 1 EX bar instead of charge. That way you could finally have a way to bait out and beat charge punishes. The counter would have to be CC-able on punish, though.

This weeks challenges man... 10 ca ko's.
I am so bad at super confirms in this game. I prefer to ex or hold the super as a threat anyway.

I'm terrible at doing double QCF motions on the left side. It's the reason why I've lost or didn't win certain matches sooner than I should have because my confirm came on the left side as oppose to the right.

And my Akuma so far. 109 matches total, 33% win rate in my last 100 matches lol. I'm actually not upset, I expected it to be in the 30 range. What's funny is that all the points that I lost with Ryu the last time I played over a month ago was actually a blessing in disguise. I dropped form Ultra Gold to Gold(around 5200) after a really bad long online session. But because of that my Akuma is fighting mainly Ultra Silver and Gold players. If it didn't happen I would be getting annihilated by Plats and Ultra Golds mainly.

I'm finally getting kind of use to the character. I'm still doing some Ryu things but that's not as big of a problem anymore. I just need to get use to using his entire repertoire instead of playing Ryu with a air fireball.

Necalli has one of the easiest super confirms in the game.

My post right after that...
Anyways, I also find confirming off two hits is not a helluva lot of time. I think I could get used to it, but I don't feel it a priority in my practice of this game right now

That build they used to showcase Zeku yesterday had other secret unannounced goodies in it they were scared of even going back to the regular menu/home screen while live

kirblar

That build they used to showcase Zeku yesterday had other secret unannounced goodies in it they were scared of even going back to the regular menu/home screen while live
Yeah, they used a show build for either Abigail or Menat instead of the beta patch for that exact reason, because they were announcing costumes/stages later.

Ryce

It's been assumed by some, but SFV's director Tweeted that the theme of season two is ”masters and disciples" (...along with the president of a car shop). It makes sense.

Akuma (”Master of the Fist"; Goutetsu's disciple)
Kolin (Gill's disciple)
Ed (Balrog's disciple)
Menat (Rose's disciple)
Zeku (Guy's master)

MCD250

It’s been assumed by some, but SFV’s director Tweeted that the theme of season two is “masters and disciples” (...along with the president of a car shop). It makes sense.

Akuma (“Master of the Fist”; Goutetsu’s disciple)
Kolin (Gill’s disciple)
Ed (Balrog’s disciple)
Menat (Rose’s disciple)
Zeku (Guy’s master)
I guess I could see how Abigail might be considered a 'master' of sorts for the Mad Gear folks.

It’s been assumed by some, but SFV’s director Tweeted that the theme of season two is “masters and disciples” (...along with the president of a car shop). It makes sense.

Akuma (“Master of the Fist”; Goutetsu’s disciple)
Kolin (Gill’s disciple)
Ed (Balrog’s disciple)
Menat (Rose’s disciple)
Zeku (Guy’s master)

Obviously, Aigail is the master of muscle.
In the spirit of a pokemon master, he has clearly collected them all

kirblar

I'm hoping this is X-Kira's broken clock moment and that the EX01 colors are finally coming.
It's probably Urien's 3S stage. Kira had that called shot (along w/ Cammy's) eons ago and he recently doubled down on it.

He has access to the QA server client, he just doesn't have access to the actual stage/character/etc. data. So he's looking for changes in the code and other "tells" to look for what's coming down the pike. He does best when he's either open about the data and gives his opinion on what it might be, or when he makes a hard call w/ a "cannot show, but trust me." The problem is when he goes full-on spec mode without explaining anything about what he's riffing off of, cause it tends to be wild-ass-guesses.

Blueblur1

Yeah, FF1 is in the Double Impact release. I played it a couple days ago on my Xbox One (I even got matched up with another player and finished the game).

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
This weeks challenges man... 10 ca ko's.
I am so bad at super confirms in this game. I prefer to ex or hold the super as a threat anyway.
I've got the opposite problem. In clutch moments when I can do a raw super to chip them out I somehow flub the input and do a c.hk or feint thunder kick and blow the whole thing.

Why do I use hk when any kick will do? It is a mystery.

Top Bottom