• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

FSLink

Banned
Yeah, I'd like to see Sodom at some point since he was considered:
Famitsu: Speaking of Alpha, I feel as if the only Alpha character at this point who hasn't been in either SF4 or SF5 is Sodom. Did you guys just kind of forget about him?

Sugiyama: Haha, we have not forgotten Sodom. Sodom was one of the candidates we were considering from the Alpha series, but he was difficult to fit into the story. If we include Sodom, that also brings in the Mad Gear Gang. We also can't very well put Sodom in without having any of Cody, Haggar or Guy.

Also, since Sodom's lines are all mispronounced Japanese, writing his lines is a lot of work, which makes him hard to put in. Don't worry, that last part is just a joke, haha.

Sodom is great but I hated how he played. Out of all of the FF characters I flipped around with I spent the least amount of time with him.

I was cancelling Run into that backdash and baiting wakeup attacks today and then CC'ed em. Good stuff. You said your Silver? Yeah, I imagine I would top off there (haven't played Ranked since Season 1) so it's the sort of gimmicky stuff that will work on our level at least a few times. I baited jump-ins with it too. And just in general, it was good to keep them off balance and have Abi be mobile. He's actually pretty nimble for a big dude in mid-range imo.

Im cribbing this

jett

D-Member
What's the deal with these "Do something 10 times" missions only requiring you to do them five times? Strange-ass bug has been there since launch.

Wow, Punk coming back from a 4-9 deficit to win 10-9 over Smug.

But, to be fair, the 4-9 was with Punk's Chun. The minute he switched to Karin, Smug didn't win a single match.

That's wild.

Watching while Im writing a grad school paper. Taking all type of mental notes. Like, I never thought of cancelling the charged cr.FP into EX Flip if it breaks their guard. Simple shit like that will help me a lot.

This character has so many tools, it's gonna take a while for people to put all of them together. Like, I just learned yesterday (again, by watching StormKUBO and Poongko mirror match each other for hours) that EX nitro charge > v-skill parry can parry CAs: https://twitter.com/emezie/status/893005956614848513

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Can someone help explain how to best transition (not sure if that's the right word) from a crouched kick to a dragon punch with Ryu? I'm trying to follow guides online for combos, and I just have zero idea what motion I should be making with this stick.

I can do shoryukens all day. But combo'ing them is proving VERY tough.

Can someone help explain how to best transition (not sure if that's the right word) from a crouched kick to a dragon punch with Ryu? I'm trying to follow guides online for combos, and I just have zero idea what motion I should be making with this stick.

You can do d/f d d/f and that would be a shoryuken. So do down-forward + cr.mk, then go to down then back to down-forward and hit punch.

SephLuis

I also have issues making the SRK motion on a stick, but I think them as forward then QCF. It made my life easier.

Regarding the combo, you want to input the forward motion right after the crouching kick and then make the d, df motion to complete the SRK.

So it should be something like this:

df mk
f
d
df hp

Edzi

I really wish they'd make the input shortcuts way less lenient. Since I hold down back so often, the game tends to read a dp motion as a super motion and it annoys me so much.

Killer Instinct is the absolute worst with the input leniency.

Sometimes I input a qcBACK kick/punch and get the DP instead.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Dude on that stream is a killer Abigail. Just smashing fools. Took mental notes, let's see if I can hit the lab tomorrow with them.

for some reason it is the worst when I play cammy. constantly throw out my CA when I mean to just do a DP
That is a legit issue that happens to characters that have a DP move and a qcf(x2) mapped to their Super. Ryu suffers through the same thing. And not just this game but it can happen with other games as well.

The only real solution to this is to be as conservative and precise as possible with your inputs so you ONLY get a DP. Try not to mash, basically.

Every game should do what L0 does and make B nullify a DP input.
L0?

Alex and Ryu, too.

Yup

giphy.gif

Oh.

ohhhhhh ok

Yeah, I didn't play that game much. The characters and artstyle were awesome but the general gameplay didn't appeal to me.

MCD250

Yeah, I'm kind of embarrassed by how many times I've gotten a DP when I'm trying to EX cannon drill through someone's fireball.

Btw, did you know that Alex's V-Trigger parry has a 2-frame startup?

That means that airtight frametraps and frame-1 meaties can fuck it up.

MCD250

Btw, did you know that Alex's V-Trigger parry has a 2-frame startup?

That means that airtight frametraps and frame-1 meaties can fuck it up.
At least it's better than Ryu's frame 3.

Gief's actually is on frame 1, but for some reason you don't see a lot of Giefs trying to beat meaties with it.

Zackat

I am finding a bunch of SF avatars I made a while ago that I don't think anyone used lol.

I am also seeing that I have made so many fucking avatars. You should see all the christmas ones I have from last year.

mbpm1

I am finding a bunch of SF avatars I made a while ago that I don't think anyone used lol.

I am also seeing that I have made so many fucking avatars. You should see all the christmas ones I have from last year.

you could display them if it was early 00s when forums still had signatures

Top Bottom