• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIIII| New Generation - Fighting Game Is Something So Great

Trickster

Who do you play? Abby has armor but mulithitting moves and hitting him at the startup will knock him out of it. He's also negative on a ton of his moves. Practice your spacing against him and apply the pressure, because it's hard for him to shake people off (unless he uses a v-reversal/parry)

I play mika, the only button I have that doesn't straight up lose in a footsies match is a charged heavy kick, and any Abigail who isn't horrible will just punish that with the chest pump thing.

Hitting him while he's running towards me with armor just means I get fucked. Hitting him while he's in v-trigger and charging punches just means I get fucked (i literally hit him 3 times). I remember asking for advice about him a week or so ago, and was told that my passion press move is the best move agains't him in the game when he does his run, but it literally doesn't do anything to him because by the time you "grab" the guy, he's already punched, grabbed or flipped his legs into your face

Village

I can agree, but I usually not for the more hard electronic tracks in tekken but this one, has a lot of them I actually like. Though I wish it had more remixes lke TTT2 did

I wish more video games would do like... actual musician remixes of songs, and put them in game

Where are my flying lotus SF remixes

The theme that plays in eddy's reveal trailer is actually super tight tho

I remixed that shit

Its tight
Let TMM's words do the speaking for me.

This is hands down the best remix I've heard for Sakura's theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imK_W60kkXI
That's too electronic imo. The point of her theme is to have a sorta natural air of innocence to me, and making it too "dancy" kinda ruins that.

Btw, Sakura's theme sounds amazing when set to vocals, in case I didn't make that clear before.

mbpm1

THINK the opponent to death.

Laura is only for people who think 5 steps ahead. You have to literally outplay the opponent every match, it's incredibly frustrating.
Exactly. Every move is calculated. The reads are outta this world when you randomly ex something it's great read

Blueblur1

Most of SFIV's music is whack, IMO. Especially the Sakura theme.

I prefer SFV's soundtrack. I listen to it on occasion; could never do that with SFIV's OST.

mbpm1

Oh yes, this is definitely better. But I personally still prefer that remix. Though this is a close second IMO.

Your criticism has been noted. Thank you for your feedback, I promise to bring you only the highest quality shitposts in the future!
Just constantly post the chun face as your signature on every post

Don't encourage him.
He raised a very good point IMO.

unbenannt-2rkud5.png

Trickster

Welp, fuck this shit I'm out for today. Fuck waiting 10+ minutes per match only to get matched up against fucking Abigaile yet again

I play mika, the only button I have that doesn't straight up lose in a footsies match is a charged heavy kick, and any Abigail who isn't horrible will just punish that with the chest pump thing.

Hitting him while he's running towards me with armor just means I get fucked. Hitting him while he's in v-trigger and charging punches just means I get fucked (i literally hit him 3 times). I remember asking for advice about him a week or so ago, and was told that my passion press move is the best move agains't him in the game when he does his run, but it literally doesn't do anything to him because by the time you "grab" the guy, he's already punched, grabbed or flipped his legs into your face

Ahhh. Yeah, Mika has a hard time against Abby. What you could do is instead of taking the run is jump right over him. He can punch and knock you out of the air but usually it'll whiff if he does it too close, his flip DOES have a hitbox but if you are hopping over him he won't have time to clip you, and obviously he can't throw you in the sky. You don't want to be far enough that can get stuff going but not too close for other shenanigans that don't involve the run. But hopping over him is the best way to deal with it barring actually going through the armored things with multihits.

Try testing out what you can hit in Training Mode as well.

Also, if you are having trouble finding people, make sure you got your ports forwarded and all that good mess.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I know there are some questionable choices in this art but I think it's pretty interesting. Google image search led me to Kinu Nishimura's other SF illustrations and I think she's my favorite SF artist. It also led me to Shinkiro, whose work I've seen a lot but I didn't know his name. Don't like his style much at all.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I know there are some questionable choices in this art but I think it's pretty interesting. Google image search led me to Kinu Nishimura's other SF illustrations and I think she's my favorite SF artist. It also led me to Shinkiro, whose work I've seen a lot but I didn't know his name. Don't like his style much at all.

isn't that drawing by (SNK illustrator) Nona? If I remember correctly that drawing was done for SVC Chaos. He did lots of great ones for that game (google image search nona svc)

Does Capcom have anything to announce at Gamescom? If so maybe that'll be where they reveal Menat

They have a MvCI slot or something, but they kinda have to announce something this week seeing as the FM payout is coming up and they didn't mention it in the last blog post.

The hopeful side of me thinks they have more to announce this month that isn't just the Anniversary. That would be a separate blog post thing and not one for SFV, and I doubt the payout for the FM would be just by itself in a blog post. And I doubt more costumes are on the way because if they were, they'd have been mentioned before.

Problem is, they never said "look out for the next blog post" but they also never said "see you next month" or whatever.

I'm a little more optimistic than usual, but still won't expect much either way.

Top Bottom