• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion: P-P-P-P-PATTERN BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to see Urien return, since no other street fighter since has captured his fighting style in some form or another.

Aside from that maybe include some more characters from other Capcom series, as long as they make sense (like how the Final Fight characters made sense).

Also CRACKER JACK.

Why do people put Ryu/Ken/Sagat in their SF2 lists? And Adon/Birdie/Gen in their SF Alpha lists?

RIP SF1, no one remembers you and your huge punch pads

Edit: grammar son

I just hope V will have a memorable villain. Its been a while since Street Fighter had a memorable villain.

It seems like M.bison is the only villain they have, I don't count akuma cause he only bothers Ryu,ken and gouken. Gill was okay I still believe that Urien would've been godlike as the defacto SFIII saga villain.

We need someone new and not some Seth monster thingy, hell juri is a better villain than Seth.

LeleSocho

Banned
Only 16? Damn...
Let's see...

Ryu
Ken
Chun-Li
Akuma
Gouken
Makoto
Oro
Juri
Hakan
Ibuki
Gill
New
New
New
New
New

Fuck SF2 veterans and Alpha characters.

Xux

It seems like M.bison is the only villain they have, I don't count akuma cause he only bothers Ryu,ken and gouken. Gill was okay I still believe that Urien would've been godlike as the defacto SFIII saga villain.

We need someone new and not some Seth monster thingy, hell juri is a better villain than Seth.
I think it'd be neat if one of the key story points of SFV is Boxer trying to sell that kid he found to Urien.

Sesha

Capcom devs haven't been able to watch any new anime or read any new manga since the 90s, which is why we won't have any new main villains besides ones looking like Yasunori Kato or Cars. Though I suppose since Seth looks like Dr. Manhattan maybe someone watched Watchmen.

Why do people put Ryu/Ken/Sagat in their SF2 lists? And Adon/Birdie/Gen in their SF Alpha lists?

RIP SF1, no one remembers you and you're huge punch pads

Because the SF1 versions are neither memorable nor the definitive versions of those characters. And in Birdie's case he got drastically redesigned to the point he's not the same character anymore. And because you only played as Ryu (and Ken, sort of).

LeleSocho

Banned
Capcom devs haven't been able to watch any new anime or read any new manga since the 90s, which is why we won't have any new main villains besides ones looking like Yasunori Kato or Cars.

At least Gill looks better and is a better godlike entity than Cars.

We're counting REAL street fighter games. SFEX doesn't count either.

Sorry.

Because you only played as Ryu in SF1.

Capcom devs haven't been able to watch any new anime or read any new manga since the 90s, which is why we won't have any new main villains besides ones looking like Yasunori Kato or Cars. Though I suppose since Seth looks like Dr. Manhattan maybe someone watched Watchmen.

Because the SF1 versions are neither memorable nor the definitive versions of those characters. And in Birdie's case he got drastically redesigned to the point he's not the same character anymore. And because you only played as Ryu (and Ken, sort of).

Iunno, I always went by their debut appearance regardless about how unmemorable it was.

I think it'd be neat if one of the key story points of SFV is Boxer trying to sell that kid he found to Urien.

Illuminati Urien so good
thats-good.gif

This might sound blasphemous but I wouldn't mind ryu being consumed of the satsu no hado and being the villain for one game like idk someone behind the scenes triggered this to happen.

MagnesD3

Let me take a stab at predicting the roster

Considering the 3rd strike roster

Ryu
Ken
Akuma
Chun-li

SFIV
C.Viper
Juri

SFIII
Alex
Urien
Hugo
Ibuki, Makoto or Elena ( a female rep required )

SFA/SFII:
Karin ( if Karin makes it her rival Sakura should be in )
Sakura ( capcom no high school outfit pls ;_; )
Guile or charlie ( decisions decisions )
Cammy ( due to her popularity I have feeling capcom gonna choose killer bee)

Troll character:
Blanka or Sean ( if it does take place after SFIII it should be Sean since he's training under ken )
Dan ( nope he ain't making it )

Old character:
Gen ( he's dead imo by now.. No one dies in SF tho)
Oro ( sounds like a lock)

Boxer:
Dudley ( most likely )
Balrog ( doubt it )
New character ( kickboxer maybe )

SFV: two new characters
?
?

Final Fight characters such as Cody and Guy are money makers so dlc is the way to go. Other classic characters dlc also... Zangief forgive me ;/ a trollish character is required.

Sounds reasonable right?
Dudley must be the boxer. Sean will be the troll character but not suck, slam dunk dp ground bounce..

My 16

Street Fighter 2

Ryu
Chun-Li
Ken
Akuma

Street Fighter 3

Alex
Q
Gill/Urien (Either/Or)
Dudley
Hugo

Street Fighter 4

Juri
C.Viper
Abel

4 New

One New Boss
This list would be a great roster as well. (I do wanna see older Sakura and Karin though).

Also Urien> Gill. I'd also like Bison over Abel but he has a new body.

Sesha

At least Gill looks better and is a better godlike entity than Cars.

That's true. But he's still just Cars in body paint.

I know Capcom loves American comics so I wish we'd see some Marvel and DC-inspired characters from them.

Iunno, I always went by their debut appearance regardless about how unmemorable it was.

Well, yes. But since they weren't playable until later it makes sense for me to call them by them by what they were first playable in. Or else I'd have to call Guy, Cody, Rolento, Sodom, Maki, Hugo and Poison Final Fight characters. I'd rather just say they were SFA, 3 and 4 characters. I call Ryu a SF1 character sometimes, but when referring to them en masse it's quicker just to say he's an SF2 character.

Dudley must be the boxer. Sean will be the troll character but not suck, slam dunk dp ground bounce..

Yesss. Sean needs that back! There could be so much potential within this SF.

Nah, I should specify. I would go by SF 1st appearance. My categories would be SF1,SF2, SFA, SF3, SF4 (from the mainline games at least)

But its all good, doesn't really matter lol

Hah. I got what you meant, I was just messing with ya. Sorry about that. :p

MagnesD3

Yesss. Sean needs that back! There could be so much potential within this SF.

Hah. I got what you meant, I was just messing with ya. Sorry about that. :p
Sean and Mel should be rivals.

Also on another note Sakura should join Interpol, she needs to be the new heroine of the generation.

Raitaro

Yes. Or at least a similarly inhumanly proportioned and looking character then.

And Alex - definitely Alex.

And please no Akuma. While I liked him at first, at this point he needs a rest, if only because he's becoming too much of a SF poster boy instead of being somewhat of a shadowy character originally. If we need more shoto's apart from Ryu and Ken, I'd strongly prefer Sean and Gouken to return.

And please no Akuma. While I liked him at first, at this point he needs a rest, if only because he's becoming too much of a SF poster boy instead of being somewhat of a shadowy character originally. If we need more shoto's apart from Ryu and Ken, I'd strongly prefer Sean and Gouken to return.

Since Ryu is now training under Oro I wonder how can they fit gouken in the roster. I understand what you say about akuma but he's ryu's antagonist he needs to be present, if you get a chance read ryu's final that ultimate showdown between ryu and akuma is pretty godlike. It's two books that take place during 3rd strike ( it's not canon but it's an interesting take)

Village

Hes been a SF poster bow since the 90's, hes getting in because he is popular. Thats kind of the point of fighting games, playing as your favorite characters

Sakura's moveset needs to be revamped.
some what reflect that she is better

El Sloth

Banned
I hope it's a bunch of new characters and Ryu and Chun are the only returning characters.

Like fuck that'd ever happen again thoguh

I hope it's a bunch of new characters and Ryu and Chun are the only returning characters.

Like fuck that'd ever happen again thoguh

Originally SF3 new generation was an entirely new cast, when people found out they started to complain and ryu and ken were added. Remember chun made her appearance in 3rd strike.

Can't have SFV without ken.

MagnesD3

I agree definately that Sakura needs some changes to her moves to show how good she's gotten. She ain't a schoolgirl no more

Zetta

Originally SF3 new generation was an entirely new cast, when people found out they started to complain and ryu and ken were added. Remember chun made her appearance in 3rd strike.

Can't have SFV without ken.

Seriously this, wouldn't feel like a Street Fighter without Ken.

It's all good haha. Just too hype for a new SF.

Hah. There's nothing wrong with that. It's so Damn exciting figuring out who'll be in the next game. ^^

Sean and Mel should be rivals.

Also on another note Sakura should join Interpol, she needs to be the new heroine of the generation.

Mel will be too OP.

If Ken comes back, can we please have him not look a cunt, Capcom?

I'm sure Ken would look a whole lot better in this one. Especially with the way Ryu/Chun-Li now look.

Mik317

There will be a new/extra shoto....

search within your hearts...you know it to be true.

Pretty sure every game has added at least one ( Sakura in Alpha, Sean in 3, and Gouken in 4)

Every game after cps2 sf2 Capcom seems to treat Guile as a joke character.. They give him some lame voice and silly quotes and he looks like a hunchback.

Either bring back the way he was originally designed or just scrap him and put in Charlie.

Edit: Similarly, I'd really like Zangief to return to his original design: He was a grappler, but he had a good walk speed and footsies. I hate Snail Speed Ogre Zangief.

What's more important to me than what characters appear, is what characters don't appear. **Characters I hope are cut**:

- Abel (put in Alex instead)
- Blanka (he has become too silly)
- C Viper (I dont like her fighting syle, and her appearance doesnt suit street fighter somehow)
- Dan (again I dont like silly characters)
- Decapre (just keep cammy)
- Evil Ryu
- El Fuerte (my most hated street fighter character of all time. Atrocious playing style and silly design)
- Rufus (man those original four sf4 chars were really shit)
- Hakan
- Oni (too over the top imo)
- T Hawk
- Seth

ElTopo

Banned
Capcom will barely lose anything by not copy pasting the SF2 cast over. Nothing. There are characters in the series that are way more popular than some of them. And considering even SF2 "diehards" make exceptions by saying "well, except X or Y", it seems even they feel the same.

I hope your wrong. It seems that most people really don't like the SF2 cast with few exceptions. No one really likes Sim, or Blanka (natch), Gief is your typical grappler and doesn't play in an interesting way and has no real personality, No one really cares about Fei or T.Hawk, no one but Mike Ross gives a fuck about Honda, a lot of fanfare for Cammy for obvious reasons but she's also a fairly easy character to pick up on top of that. Not a lot of people like the over abundance of shoto characters and it would be nice to see game without Ken for once. I could go either way with Akuma. Bison has a great design and interesting playstyle but he's dead. Assuming that Bison and Gouken are actually dead and are in SF4 "just because" anyway.

MagnesD3

Every game after cps2 sf2 Capcom seems to treat Guile as a joke character.. They give him some lame voice and silly quotes and he looks like a hunchback.

Either bring back the way he was originally designed or just scrap him and put in Charlie.

Edit: Similarly, I'd really like Zangief to return to his original design: He was a grappler, but he had a good walk speed and footsies. I hate Snail Speed Ogre Zangief.

What's more important to me than what characters appear, is what characters don't appear. **Characters I hope are cut**:

- Abel (put in Alex instead)
- Blanka (he has become too silly)
- C Viper (I dont like her fighting syle, and her appearance doesnt suit street fighter somehow)
- Dan (again I dont like silly characters)
- Decapre (just keep cammy)
- Evil Ryu
- El Fuerte (my most hated street fighter character of all time. Atrocious playing style and silly design)
- Rufus (man those original four sf4 chars were really shit)
- Hakan
- Oni (too over the top imo)
- T Hawk
- Seth

I like your list except for c. Viper. I always felt viper was an sf3 character design, I think she and juri are the only two characters who will survive sf4.

I hope your wrong. It seems that most people really don't like the SF2 cast with few exceptions. No one really likes Sim, or Blanka (natch), Gief is your typical grappler and doesn't play in an interesting way and has no real personality, No one really cares about Fei or T.Hawk, no one but Mike Ross gives a fuck about Honda, a lot of fanfare for Cammy for obvious reasons but she's also a fairly easy character to pick up on top of that. Not a lot of people like the over abundance of shoto characters and it would be nice to see game without Ken for once. I could go either way with Akuma. Bison has a great design and interesting playstyle but he's dead. Assuming that Bison and Gouken are actually dead and are in SF4 "just because" anyway.

Bison definately should come back but in a new slimmer body. Psycho Power is eternal, I'd love to see him work with urien.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom