• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion |Thread 2| Deal with it & place your hope for DLC

KAL2006

Banned
That's the beauty of Street Fighter. Someone's most hates character us someone else's favourite character. If Street Fighter had all characters who were cool looking and serious looking fighters then the cast would become boring. We need the odd goofball, the odd freak and etc. I hate FANG and Dhalsim but I can appreciate that they add diversity to the roster. If the roster replaced these characters with the likes of Akuma and Sagat it would not he as diverse.

Hex

Banned
That's the beauty of Street Fighter. Someone's most hates character us someone else's favourite character. If Street Fighter had all characters who were cool looking and serious looking fighters then the cast would become boring. We need the odd goofball, the odd freak and etc. I hate FANG and Dhalsim but I can appreciate that they add diversity to the roster. If the roster replaced these characters with the likes of Akuma and Sagat it would not he as diverse.

Watching the Combofiend / Mike Ross Fang demo showed that Fang will definitely be a pain in the ass.
Not my thing but I definitely like that he is so different.
Reminds me of Rollo in Soul Calibur in the stark contrast that he brings.
Personally I love every character in V and can not wait to dive back in.
Missed the last beta and really need to get back in.

Is there any reason to believe that there will be more story mode than IV had (which is pretty much Arcade Mode)?
Capcom said so
Beta tutorial had a visual novel styled story with Bengus art
There's an option in the menu called Story mode

4 never had any form of Story mode

jett

D-Member
I feel like Im the only one that prefers artwork. Blazblue has the best story mode template. not MK IMO.

Art is perfectly fine as long as it's good art.

Not this, tho
imagehss0a.jpeg

Scotia

Banned
You have strong reactions to him.

Still mission accomplished! :D

If their goal was to get multiple reactions to him then they definitely succeeded.

If their goal was to make him seem like someone that should be taken seriously then, in my eyes, they failed.

Sesha

The funniest thing about FANG was how predictable the reaction to him was. The fact he actually makes people uncomfortable or upset is so pathetic it makes me laugh.

Gonna feel so good playing him online.

Not so much uncomfortable than utterly fucking laughable. I can't take F.A.N.G as a serious threat with that goofy as fuck design.

Now you know how some people feel about the SF3 cast.

Hex

Banned
The funniest thing about FANG was how predictable the reaction to him was. The fact he actually makes people uncomfortable or upset is so pathetic it makes me laugh.

Gonna feel so good playing him online.

Now you know how some people feel about the SF3 cast.

Yep, I will not be playing him but I can see that there will be extra servings of salt when people are getting bodied by him

dan2026

Fang is the only one of the new characters who really stands out or is memorable.

I think he is the only one who has a chance of going further than this game.

Kouichi

Fang is the only one of the new characters who really stands out or is memorable.

I think he is the only one who has a chance of going further than this game.

I think Rashid does too. I could totally see him appearing in a new Vs. game or Tekken x SF. I bet if they ever make a new Vs. game, he'll be the SFV rep similar to Viper. He'd fit perfectly.

Neoxon

I think Rashid does too. I could totally see him appearing in a new Vs. game or Tekken x SF. I bet if they ever make a new Vs. game, he'll be the SFV rep similar to Viper. He'd fit perfectly.
Honestly, I think they'd go for Necalli as the SFV rep for a Vs. game. If nothing else, Necalli can fill the void left by Wolverine if Capcom manages to get the funds to renew the Marvel license.
Plus Rashid's moves could be transplanted to another Marvel character like, say, Quicksilver.
I say this as a huge Rashid fan & someone who's looking to main Rashid.

TacosNSalsa

FANG's design doesn't really bother me . I don't see him as any more weird than say Hakan. I like characters like that . I'm way more interested in the way he plays. I really would hate another Elf type ... When you see someone pick
him you kinda roll your eyes and think "fuck ...here we go..."

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
visually speaking, FANG might be weird but he looks way better than Hakan & Rufus

no way to talk about his gameplay til i get my hands on the final game

Funny because I love everything about Fang. I think they succeeded in every way with him. He looks goofy but sinister at the same time which I think they were going for. I never understood the "can't take X character seriously argument."

Hell, I can't take Cammy "seriously" rocking an assless leotard. Its street fighter. I don't think all of the characters are to be taken seriously in a game where we a stretchy Indian dude and a russian buff dude who can wrestle bears.

VariantX

visually speaking, FANG might be weird but he looks way better than Hakan & Rufus

To me fang is the best looking of the newcomers. He looks like he was designed to be in SF2 WW more than SF5.

Honestly, I think they'd go for Necalli as the SFV rep for a Vs. game. If nothing else, Necalli can fill the void left by Wolverine if Capcom manages to get the funds to renew the Marvel license.
Plus Rashid's moves could be transplanted to another Marvel character like, say, Quicksilver.

Wolverine is still around.

Smart thought.

Wolverine is still around.
Not for an all Capcom team fighter.

xHiryu

The better boxer isn't in the game, the Gentleman :(

Goddamn, what would I give to have SF5 have a MK9 /10 like story mode with fully animated cutscenes and dialogue. Also, how the fuck would I get Cammy's alt on the Steam version of SF5?

Tizoc

Eh i still like hakan more personally
I am ok woth FANG but him being one of the 4 masters feels wrong @.@

Ploid 3.0

It's not about being open minded, it's just terrible art. Stands out for all the wrong reasons.

I have a feeling that stuff was just for the beta. Temporary stuff, almost storyboard with added coloring for a presentation. Betas are work in progress so you can't really expect it all to look like the final product will. The fact that they aren't showing anything sucks though. Come on Cap, I don't think I can wait much longer (I can but I don't want to).

Edit: I love Hakan also, especially the oil mechanic.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
You know what's really funny? People getting upset at people not liking a character design. Folks are entitled to not like a design and IMO Fangs design is awful. In fact unless his gameplay clicks with me in some unforeseen magical way, he's probably the worst design ive seen SF series history. But who cares, he wasn't designed for me and that's fine.

Hex

Banned
The better boxer isn't in the game, the Gentleman :(

Goddamn, what would I give to have SF5 have a MK9 /10 like story mode with fully animated cutscenes and dialogue. Also, how the fuck would I get Cammy's alt on the Steam version of SF5?

DLC, though everything will also be unlockable in game via points

Bizazedo

Just played his theme again due to this. Rashid's theme is great.

Hex

Banned
Eh i still like hakan more personally
I am ok woth FANG but him being one of the 4 masters feels wrong @.@

Agreed. He would work better as an outside assassin like Juri.

The kings have always been super serious figures.

Wouldn't it make at least some kind of sense to wait and see what his story is first?
Listening to Combofiend talk, F.A.N.G. is seriously messed up possibly more so than Bison.
People making serious leaps just because of a visual aesthetic in a game with characters like Hakan, Twelve, Seth...
He will be just fine.

Eolz

Fang might not do this, but he seems to be the kind of guy to make genetic experiments on prisoners just for fun/science. I wouldn't say he's just a goofy character, far from it.

Tizoc

Fang might not do this, but he seems to be the kind of guy to make genetic experiments on prisoners just for fun/science. I wouldn't say he's just a goofy character, far from it.

RQjd1gx.png
EN4PoAJ.jpg

So he'd be doing stuff Shadaloo had already been doing, big whoop, Shadaloo already had 2 scientists who were up in on dat ish

And the old guy then went on to work for Gill's orginization.

Wouldn't it make at least some kind of sense to wait and see what his story is first?
Listening to Combofiend talk, F.A.N.G. is seriously messed up possibly more so than Bison.
People making serious leaps just because of a visual aesthetic in a game with characters like Hakan, Twelve, Seth...
He will be just fine.

He just looks off when put along with Dictator, Boxer and Claw. As Krast said the 4 kings all looked imposing, FANG just looks...tall and skinny.

You know what's really funny? People getting upset at people not liking a character design. Folks are entitled to not like a design and IMO Fangs design is awful. In fact unless his gameplay clicks with me in some unforeseen magical way, he's probably the worst design ive seen SF series history. But who cares, he wasn't designed for me and that's fine.

latest

Hex

Banned
RQjd1gx.png
EN4PoAJ.jpg

So he'd be doing stuff Shadaloo had already been doing, big whoop, Shadaloo already had 2 scientists who were up in on dat ish

And the old guy then went on to work for Gill's orginization.

He just looks off when put along with Dictator, Boxer and Claw. As Krast said the 4 kings all looked imposing, FANG just looks...tall and skinny.
I see him as a mix of Judge Doom from Roger Rabbit , Lo Pan from Big Trouble in Little China and The Strangers from Dark City.

I don't see anything wrong with that Ken art lol

SF05.jpg

FANG wouldn't do this

Actually I would say he most likely would.

Pompadour

I think most people's problems with F.A.N.G. are in his goofy intro, super, and winpose (and to a lesser extent his voice). He looks straight up badass in his character art.

latest

Top Bottom