• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion |Thread 2| Deal with it & place your hope for DLC

wamberz1

update from WBacon on Steam-

Couple of small updates - we'll likely have one last server side data wipe sometime later in the afternoon on Feb. 15 PST in preparation for the official launch.

Also, we're checking with Valve to see if we can advance our release times on Steam to match or come close to PSN's release times.

No promise though as it requires a lot of coordination with our server operations, dev, and marketing teams. In addition, we'd essentially be asking Valve to launch and support the game on a national holiday. (Note: Feb. 15th is President's Day here in the U.S. where Valve and Capcom U.S. office is closed)

Again, no promises just yet but I will let everyone know via announcement post should the release times change.

I'll be on point all weekend and through launch, so rest assured I'll be updating the community as soon as we have more info to share.

Wait, whens it releasing on psn?

I appreciate Capcom is aware of the launch time disparity and is at least trying to address it, even though it seems unlikely since it's a holiday.

wamberz1

12 hours earlier than the currently scheduled steam time

tumblr_inline_nb3t1nGcdf1qdsowr.gif

WHO NEEDS SLEEP ANYWAYS AMIRIGHT

So if I can get Amazon to pricematch the digital version in place of the physical one, do they send the code early so I can preload?

I'm about to just preload on PSN, but I heard some people had success getting Amazon to switch versions.

Even after it unlocks you need to download the day 1 patch. After they will have server issues. Sleep guys you wont be able to play for hours anyways.

I appreciate Capcom is aware of the launch time disparity and is at least trying to address it, even though it seems unlikely since it's a holiday.

It's not a major holiday though. Schools are usually closed, the governments are closed, the banks are closed, and there is no mail delivery by USPS. But it's not like a Christmas or Thanksgiving or anything like that.

It'd be nice to get it moved up, certainly. They have moved times in the past (usf4) so hopefully they an do it again.

malfcn

Since this community thread is the defacto OT for now.

Can fight money buy or unlock the pre order costumes? Or any other aesthetic DLC, since characters will be unlockable?

Can fight money buy or unlock the pre order costumes? Or any other aesthetic DLC, since characters will be unlockable?

AFAIK fight money can buy story costumes. The preorder costumes seem to be exclusive for a time, but I'm sure you'll be able to buy them with zenny (real $) some time down the line.

You can purchase the story mode alt costumes with fight money... but those aren't the pre-order ones. Pre-order costumes will likely be premium cash only DLC in the future... everyone probably has at least 1 premium costume- we already know the 6 DLC characters do.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";195297011]|OT| When You Can't Win Online, Rage Quit's Gonna Fly, That's Necalli[/QUOTE]

|OT| When There's No Options To Select, Teleporting 'n Snapping Your Neck, That's Charlie

Mister Wolf

Its great not having to deal with people canceling out of their special that you blocked and also getting hit by big damage combos that start with crouching lp/lk.

You can purchase the story mode alt costumes with fight money... but those aren't the pre-order ones. Pre-order costumes will likely be premium cash only DLC in the future... everyone probably has at least 1 premium costume- we already know the 6 DLC characters do.

The DLC characters each come with their premium costume if you get them via the season pass.

Top Bottom