• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion |Thread 2| Deal with it & place your hope for DLC

wrongway

update from WBacon on Steam-

Couple of small updates - we'll likely have one last server side data wipe sometime later in the afternoon on Feb. 15 PST in preparation for the official launch.

Also, we're checking with Valve to see if we can advance our release times on Steam to match or come close to PSN's release times.

No promise though as it requires a lot of coordination with our server operations, dev, and marketing teams. In addition, we'd essentially be asking Valve to launch and support the game on a national holiday. (Note: Feb. 15th is President's Day here in the U.S. where Valve and Capcom U.S. office is closed)

Again, no promises just yet but I will let everyone know via announcement post should the release times change.

I'll be on point all weekend and through launch, so rest assured I'll be updating the community as soon as we have more info to share.

That would be awesome if they could unfuck the Steam release time. It'd be nice to actually get to play some on time tomorrow night with the other like 90% of the community. :p

Street Fighter V Original Soundtrack available on Steam as DLC (requires full game)

ss_a8ff28a1f1544e6ea86ceb5e3c0f2acd8552d18b.1920x1080.jpg

vg260

It's just poking fun. And it's not as if the game is going to stay forever incomplete.

Understood, but it's a bad idea for the title of the OT/community thread to be negative about the game it's about or bashing it, even if it's a joke. It's unnecessary and there's plenty of other venues for discussion of the shortcomings than the title.

Not to mention, there are developers that read and/or post occasionally, and it does little to encourage them to be active if the official thread title is bashing the game.

wbacon

Capcom USA
Street Fighter V Original Soundtrack available on Steam as DLC (requires full game)

Yep. Soundtrack will launch alongside the base game.

EDIT:
Available in FLAC, the SFV option that truly matters.

The purchase will give you both MP3 and FLAC versions, but the latter will be an optional download since FLAC version is quite large (2GB!). Not everybody is an audiophile, and in most cases, MP3 is 'good enough' and certainly a lot more palatable for your smartphone/portable device :)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I need to worry about getting my ps3 stick to work on my motherboard before I worry about input delays >_>

Hubb

Why is the soundtrack DLC for the game? Can you play the songs at any given point in the game?

This is download to keep. Own the game = don't have to buy the soundtrack.

Edit: Actually I have no idea if this'll be free or not, just assumed so.

Why is the soundtrack DLC for the game? Can you play the songs at any given point in the game?

It's probably DLC because they are launching it with the base game (it requires you to purchase SFV). There's no price on it yet so I'm assuming it's free DLC. You are downloading mp3/flac music files, if you use steam music player or another audio player sure. But I don't think this is for the purpose of integrating the music into the game to play what audio file you want in the way you're thinking.

Csr

I need to worry about getting my ps3 stick to work on my motherboard before I worry about input delays >_>

He was talking for the ps4 version, which was somewhat expected as it was the same case for usfiv with ps3 sticks. Some people said that programs like joytokey add lag to the pc version but i haven't seen any testing done but even if there is capcom said they will add support for dinput so that you will not need to use any other kind of software.

wbacon

Capcom USA
Is this free if we got the game on steam?

It'll be available for $12.99. Same price as the iTunes version which should launch around the same time.

Unfortunately, because of the way how Steam backend is set up, soundtracks are categorically treated as DLCs. Which means it's tied to the base game. This is not unique to the SFV OST either. It affects every other soundtrack sold on Steam.

That being said, I'm checking with Valve to see if they can update the backend so they can live on as a standalone product that won't require the base game.

TheOGB

Banned
Unfortunately, because of the way how Steam backend is set up, soundtracks are categorically treated as DLCs. Which means it's tied to the base game. This is not unique to the SFV OST either. It affects every other soundtrack sold on Steam.

That being said, I'm checking with Valve to see if they can update the backend so they can live on as a standalone product that won't require the base game.
Ah, I didn't know that, actually. I got Undertale + the OST just recently and didn't even notice.

ohkay

So I haven't been paying as much attention to this game as I should have, but who seem to be the better rush down characters at the moment? I need to figure out who to mess around with first

TheOGB

Banned
@6:24 in, where's the music from?
song/game? seemed like all of this was coming from 3rd Strike, but then I didn't recognize that one.
First two songs are from the New Generation Arrange Album (Jazzy NYC [latin mix] and Crowded Street [midnight ver])
Next was round 2 of SFV's Apprentice Alley, so that same stage they were on
Next two were Ibuki's and Dudley's 3rd Strike stages
Followed by Gill's 2nd Impact stage
Last was Necro/Twelve's stage

wbacon

Capcom USA
Too bad this art wasn't used for the PS4 theme, really dig it

I assume the full version is in the game or something?

I believe it's a custom artwork for the CD being sold in Japan. That art on the Steam store page is actually cut off at the top and bottom since screenshot gallery had to be cropped to fit the 16:9 aspect ratio. The full image is square and contains other characters from the game. A high res version is also included with the soundtrack download.

I believe it's a custom artwork for the CD being sold in Japan. That art on the Steam store page is actually cut off at the top and bottom since screenshot gallery since had to crop it to fit the 16:9 aspect ratio. The full image is square and contains other characters from the game. A high res version is also included with the soundtrack download.
Ah, good to know. Thanks for the clarification!

Dremark

Banned
MOBAs are starting to add tutorials now though because of the barrier to entry that they have. Dota 2 has a tutorial now and most of the newer moba likes that are in beta/coming out soon also have them. Companies realized that they need to have some sort of tutorial or new players will be scared to start playing.

League if Legends has one too. It teaches you how to rush thornmail on Ashe, yet the game stays incredibly popular.

The tutorial for LoL is a joke and does nothing to prevent players from getting completely dumped on by the community when they start playing.

If anything it's counter productive and helps newer players get dunked harder.

Dremark

Banned
They're on a console where there is a huge number of more casual players. Casual players who might want to really get into the game maybe?

League has 67 million players a month, assuming they're more hardcore players because they own hardware which isn't just for gaming and play the most popular game in the world is not very convincing. Especially considering there's zero investment needed to play the game.

kodecraft

I'm ready for this Civil War!

I got a feeling Guile is going to be a beast in this game. Like Alpha 3 beast.

I hope so, because I'm seeing too many wanna be Nash players in here.

I need Guile to RKO that zombie soldier.

We fight with no gimmicks.

I think Balrog will be a beast too.

Skilletor

I'm ready for this Civil War!

I got a feeling Guile is going to be a beast in this game. Like Alpha 3 beast.

I hope so, because I'm seeing too many wanna be Nash players in here.

I need Guile to RKO that zombie soldier.

We fight with no gimmicks.

I think Balrog will be a beast too.

Guile is awful in Alpha 3. lol.

But yeah, pretty sure he's going to be a beast.

Top Bottom