• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strike Back - S3 of the explosive action series - Returns for a final season on 7/31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vert boil

Kim is going to die literally ten seconds after she's finished boning Stonebridge for the first time.

I can see Pirogova surviving but I don't expect her to appear next season.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Kim is going to die literally ten seconds after she's finished boning Stonebridge for the first time.

Well, that sassy Mossad agent managed to cross seasons...

And look how it went :(

New episode tonight:
Episode 29

Scott and Stonebridge aim to keep their promise to protect Ester. Richmond and Martinez follow an Al-Zuhari associate. The team sets out to stop an infiltrator before he reaches a populated area.
I'm out of town, so I'll catch up on Sunday. Enjoy the episode - should be a good one!

Ekdrm2d1

yes!!!!!!!!!

Kamali live

god what a great episode

the british season of Strike Back should be airing the next friday after the final

Oh wait, that's right. In the U.S. on Cinemax right?

Thanks for the reminder. I'll finally get to check the British version out.

Sean

Banned
Another great action-packed episode, the twist was kinda predictable yet still revealed in a cool way. Finale preview looks nuts.

halfway through. that is some masterful flying. goddamn what an episode. let's raid a training camp. that should be good enough for one episode. no let's go cray with a train scene that is cray. cray. show's cray.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Excellent episode. That train sequence was off the hook! It's always been apparent that Winchester and Stapleton do (all of?) their own stunts, but actually seeing them running and fighting on a moving train...that was something else. It's stuff like that that just adds an extra layer of verisimilitude that most other action shows/films lack.

And of course Kamali is still alive - there were just too many unanswered questions surrounding his character.

One of you Gaf'ers called it!

:)

xenist

This episode gave me boners. That's right. Even though I have only one penis this episode was so badass it gave me multiple boners. I can't even think of a movie I've watched in the recent past that did this kind of action that well.

Ekdrm2d1

Vert boil,

Thank you for all the marvelous gifs every week. You do it in a lot of threads!
NeoGAF wouldn't be the same without you

Remmy2112

So I wonder... is Kamali Alzuhari and/or the man behind the curtain or is he making a power play within Alzuhari's organization and allied network, trying to take it away from him?

Quidam

High five, brother!

EDIT: Although they better come up with a very good reason why Stonebridge can't just take out the guy holding him hostage while Scott keeps his gun trained on Kamali. These guys have fought off odds a thousand times worse.

So I wonder... is Kamali Alzuhari and/or the man behind the curtain or is he making a power play within Alzuhari's organization and allied network, trying to take it away from him?

This is interesting, too. It has to be said, when the whole Kamali thing was merely a theory, I didn't bother working out if all his actions throughout the season make sense. I wonder if anyone who re-watches all the episodes with the twist in mind will be able to shed some light on that in the future.

Tokubetsu

Yeah. If not, both of them will survive just to be offed the first arc next season.

I don't thing Alzuhari ever ran it and if he did at one point, he most likely is dead. Considering that his wife was suppose to meet him yet didn't and we never did meet him thoughout the season.

Enosh

great episode, actions scenes deliver as always
knew Komali was alive when that guy said that they need to watch out for the girl, why else would they give a fuck if they hit her or not
will see next episode just how far he is involved, Alzahari himself? or just a very high ranking member?
Stonebridge cutting open that guys arms was awesome and disgusting at the same time,

Richmond into Scott now it seems, might get some good scenes out of that if you know what I mean ^^

Sean

Banned

Kim has been pretty damn useless this season. She's been in the background for most conversations, out of frame in a lot of the action sequences, then when she's all geared up and looks ready to have her moment to shine, she gets shot instantly and sidelined. Poor Kim.

Pirogova made more of an impact in a single episode.

Munin

First truly kickass episode since the first half. Awesome setpieces at the fair and of course the train. Nice twist though somewhat expected.

Missing the Russian lady though. :( Wish they'd keep her around, she's great. Really don't like the show's habit of discarding characters so easily. Even if she appears for the final ep she'll probably die in Scott's arms or something.

No renewal announcement yet :(

So I wonder... is Kamali Alzuhari and/or the man behind the curtain

Hopefully not because that was basically the twist of Project Dawn and it would be pretty lame for them to repeat it

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Stonebridge was telling Scott that he was still alive. Wouldn't somebody be dead at that point? :lol

I wondered the same.

I'm so sad there's only one episode left, it really is one of the truly great TV shows still airing.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

sooo brutal!

Kim has been pretty damn useless this season. She's been in the background for most conversations, out of frame in a lot of the action sequences, then when she's all geared up and looks ready to have her moment to shine, she gets shot instantly and sidelined. Poor Kim.

Yeah, that was really lame. They could have at least given her a special action sequence or something before she got shot.

No renewal announcement yet :(

It'll be renewed, don't worry.

hanzo

Banned
Section 20 gets buddy buddy with all the bad guys. Let them rummage around your base. Awesome episode. That compound fight was good and to top it off we get a train scene? Wow.

xenist

Man, Stonebridge took that guy fucking down. I've seen lions take down gazelles more delicately. I've seen great whites take down seals less convincingly. His ancestors three generations back felt the shame of this takedown.

xenist

Really? Can't believe I hadn't really heard of it before last night. I'll set the first season to download and check it out.

Thanks.

The actual first seasoon is (though good) a different show than this. The one called Project Dawn is the "first" season of this.

Clevinger

The actual first seasoon is (though good) a different show than this. The one called Project Dawn is the "first" season of this.

Miles, you'll know you're in the right season if the first episode is about recruiting some American dude and involves a hotel.

Miles, you'll know you're in the right season if the first episode is about recruiting some American dude and involves a hotel.

Thanks, Sky box has downloaded both the first season and Project Dawn. Might as well check out the first season now that's it's downloaded...even if it's not the same show.

Man, Stonebridge took that guy fucking down. I've seen lions take down gazelles more delicately. I've seen great whites take down seals less convincingly. His ancestors three generations back felt the shame of this takedown.

There was guy in the previous season, El Soldat or something who knew what was up when he went against S&S:

FAfMvpx.jpg

So he waited for his reinforcements to come in before attacking and, well, you can guess what happened.

Dabanton

So this is good? I ask because I I finally got Anytime+ working on my Sky box and all three seasons are available to download.

Seriously seriously underrated show.

It's the kind of show you would think would be huge as it has all the elements.

sex,good action scenes,interesting characters and plots it's basically like a good solid action movie every week.

If I could make a list of "man" show's on TV that are must watch. It would be short and contain this show.

Unreal ep, really took it to the next level with this latest one.

Moving over to Team Richmond now.... I can let Dalton be the past.

#1 ) this show...awesome
#2 ) Spartacus ...awesome
#3 ) 24...awesome

Actually, Spartacus gotta be #1 overall.

Can't wait for next week. This weeks cliff hanger was sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom