• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strike Back - S3 of the explosive action series - Returns for a final season on 7/31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
/me shakes fist at the bare butt rule!!

Nice episode. Saw a minor spoiler whilst looking up the new lass.
She'll be in all of the other episodes this season... Safe search off.
http://www.abload.de/gallery.php?key=sOO2bLNV

Kamali: Shooting guy in car, Car blows up, Nod

Pushkin: Kicking guy, Fuck you, Pushkin!

Richmond: Stabby, Turning look with Kim

S&S: Mugshot, Hit by guard, Cupping family jewels (check gallery, probably best not to post em), Sprayed by hose, Nod, Clapping, Woo come on/clap

Scott: Attacked by spade guy, Spork to the eye, Beating guy to the ground, Shooting computer

Stonebridge: Beating guy

AK's being handed out

Throat slit threat

Awesome jiffs gifs as always. This one...

pushkin2gjul5.gif

...will surely get some use.

And the new blonde has some stunning eyes.

That was rad. Love it when they let Richmond and Martinez go on missions.

Stonebridge and Scott are in a bad way, but they usually get out of it. Besides, if they're done we can always get a badass remake of Charlie's Angels with Locke heading up a team with Richmond, Martinez, and the new Russian woman. :p

New episode tonight:
Episode 28

Scott (Sullivan Stapleton) looks for an escape from Black Bear Prison, while Locke (Robson Green) becomes suspicious of Kamali (Zubin Varla). The team races to locate Stonebridge (Philip Winchester), whose condition grows more dire when he encounters Al-Zuhari's plan firsthand. Continuing his vendetta, Ulyanov (Marcel Iures) closes in on Scott and Stonebridge.

Ekdrm2d1

I met 3 rapper's in 5 hours.. A little overwhelmed with my hobby at the moment. The episode premiers in 20 minutes, hopefully I'm able to settle down and sit still for 50 minutes.

god damn great eposide
God I totally thought Stonebridge was going to die
omg the sex scene
I thought Kamali was going to be the main bad :(

xclaw

If I could make a list of "man" show's on TV that are must watch. It would be short and contain this show.

Unreal ep, really took it to the next level with this latest one.

Moving over to Team Richmond now.... I can let Dalton be the past.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Fucking fantastic episode this week. That was a tremendous arc. I can't wait to see how the season wraps up.

Thoughts:

Stonebridge finally got a naked fight scene of this own! Aw yiss!

Best sex scene on the show to date? I think so.

Scott and Nina's banter delighted my earholes to no end. I really hope Nina becomes a regular.

I still think there's something up with Kamali. There was a reason he wasn't killed by that Irish woman a few episodes ago and on top of that he's been acting very erratic lately. I think his death might have been staged.

If I could make a list of "man" show's on TV that are must watch. It would be short and contain this show.

Unreal ep, really took it to the next level with this latest one.

Moving over to Team Richmond now.... I can let Dalton be the past.

... team russia. especially team russia after that scene. unless richmond ... does one too, but team russia >

Tokubetsu

Fucking fantastic episode this week. That was a tremendous arc. I can't wait to see how the season wraps up.

Thoughts:

Stonebridge finally got a naked fight scene of this own! Aw yiss!

Best sex scene on the show to date? I think so.

Scott and Nina's banter delighted my earholes to no end. I really hope Nina becomes a regular.

I still think there's something up with Kamali. There was a reason he wasn't killed by that Irish woman a few episodes ago and on top of that he's been acting very erratic lately. I think his death might have been staged.

I definitely love how this arc sort of humanized Scott again.

Backing guy into furnace

That's the craziest thing on the show yet. He's fighting a guy who is on fire with no clothes on. It's not CGI fire or a stunt guy, it's really Philip Winchester, the lead of the show doing that stuff. He's probably covered in some flame resistant stuff but damn, that dude is crazy. That whole facility with the four towers was pretty awesome for a supervillain lair.

Taking jacket off

Still the hottest woman on the show.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I definitely love how this arc sort of humanized Scott again.

For sure. For a while there he was sort of coming off as the show's own Man of Steel.

I'm kind of thinking the same. Although I may just be saying that because otherwise my theory from last week wouldn't be right!

There's just too much that doesn't add up with that guy. The car bomb thing you pointed out only fuels the theory that he's still in the game.

Still lol'ing at Pirogova's gun injury being covered with a band aid during the sex scene.

Oh man, I didn't notice that! I was too...distracted by everything else in that scene to really think about her gunshot wound.

Whoaaa I forgot Philip Winchester was American! That was sort of jarring.

But yeah, that fight scene was crazy. I can't imagine how tough it would be to fight a guy who is on fire, one handed, naked, while covered in snot-like fire gel. The lengths this show goes to, I tell ya.

Clevinger

that was freakin awesome

something that made me laugh a bunch was when Stonebridge was revealed strapped on the cross and this choir was singing quietly in the background music

ps. let Nina stick around

Yeah. Something's up. I was gonna say the big twist is that Kamali is alzahari but him saying "I'm his friend" to alzahari's wife would throw a wrench in that. Then again, the wife said nothing and made no reaction other than being wide eyed the whole time and he said that while Dalton was watching him, so who knows.

Still lol'ing at Pirogova's gun injury being covered with a band aid during the sex scene.

yep, noticed that too lol

hom3land

Awesome episode. Only gripe is how forced the sex scene was. I know they need to show a minimum of one set of boobs an episode, but that was just awkward.

Glad I'm not the only one expecting a Kamali twist. Maybe I'm expecting the twist, so interrupting scenes wrong, but when he was in the car, getting ready to call HQ, it seemed like he was "getting in character" to be someone who fucked up.

i knew it was just matter of time for the Russian agent to meet mr Scott properly lol. it delivered.

Kinda obvious wat will happen to Kamali with that daughter goodbye. I wish it wasn't

Variety on Cinemax:

- Cinemax Has Become Uncomfortable in Its Skin: Cabler made its name with softcore fare, but changing times have shifted its focus to action

Of interest:
And while the offer of movies and latenight nudity has long formed the bulk of Cinemax’s appeal, executives felt the time had come to freshen things up, said Lombardo, particularly with theatrical movies being so widely available on a range of VOD and homevid platforms.

In 2014, Cinemax launches what may be its most ambitious series. The 10-episode drama, “The Knick,” stars Clive Owen and is directed and exec produced by Steven Soderbergh. The show is set in a Manhattan hospital, circa 1900, when surgeons must push boundaries without the aid of antibiotics while facing high mortality rates. Meantime, “Strike Back,” which debuted in 2011, is fast becoming the network’s signature show; its third season has nearly doubled the audience of its first, and Cinemax recently picked up earlier episodes meant only for overseas audiences. Meanwhile, “Banshee,” which launched in 2013, has been renewed for a second season.

Strike Back director Michael J. Bassett said:
"I've just come from doing the climax, episodes nine and ten.
We do a sequence on a train," he told me. "Basically there's a 30-minute action sequence at the end of episode nine. It kicks off and for the next 30 minutes it doesn't stop going. So you should just watch that through.
FUUUUUUUUUUUCK
I forgot that this was coming up this week. So hyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom