• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strike Suit Zero needs our help! Kickstarter project started!

Wowowowowowowowowowowowow!!!!!

Okay I wish I would have seen this sooner. I would have dropped some money in their laps as well.

It looks absolutely amazing.

edit: oh it is still going! I might still donate even though its already passed the goal.

Ah so this actually reached its Kickstarter target, very nice. They still might make the Mac/Linux tier but the next goal might be a bit of a stretch (heh.) so I can safely ignore it until it releases :)

I understand that and yes you're right but there are cases like this one where funding was limited from the get go. I can understand if their intentions were to use Kickstarter from the start however it doesn't seem like it was here.

For a project like this I honestly don't see where they could have landed a backer especially due to the PC being their lead platform and honestly I respect them on what they've done so far. They aren't saying "Give us money or it won't be released", instead they are asking for help to give the game a longer development cycle. Let' be honest there, do really think most companies would allow this vs rushing the title out only to be fixed via patches? We've got way to many games being released like this.

And going back to the Kickstarter issue, again they are asking. I sincerely doubt the title would be scrapped even if they don' reach their limit but it seems that Kickstarter is the easiest option and due to the reception that the game has gotten so far over the past year it's likely given they know that this will get funded due to fans of both the genre and title.

Yeah I don't see this as a problem at all.
I honestly see it as a good sign that they came out and said they needed more time and money as it shows they are dedicated to finishing the game in the best state possible.

As others have pointed out most studios would not have the balls to admit the game is half-finished because they need to protect their brand image and that is why we get rushed releases like the ZOE HD collection which needed more time in the oven for sure.

.la1n

I will support this, I honestly shouldn't count how much I have put towards kickstarting stuff this year, would probably make me sick.

The End

Just kind of stumbled on this randomly today.

It's like someone though "your two favorite games are Freespace 2 and Zone of the Enders 2, so we made this for you"

Sadly, with the holidays money is tight so I can only afford the $20 level, but still. I'm happy to spread the word any way I can.

Corto

Just kind of stumbled on this randomly today.

It's like someone though "your two favorite games are Freespace 2 and Zone of the Enders 2, so we made this for you"

Sadly, with the holidays money is tight so I can only afford the $20 level, but still. I'm happy to spread the word any way I can.

Are you me? hehehe

Babalu.

was looking at the kickstarter and comteplating whether to pledge or not. For $20 i was probably not going to.

But i refreshed a few times and someone from the $15 (1000 limit) backed out so I impulsively pledges $15.

Thanks whoever backed out and I can't wait.

RatDog

Neo Member
4 hours left!

Anyone interested in this game should go to the link and throw 20 bucks at these guys. Looks like the money is in good hands from what I know

Tokubetsu

Welp it's over and they got my $70. Looking forward to this one! Especially with the tentative release date so close.

This developer diary about the soundtrack is really worth watching.

I didn't even pay attention to the music for this game (and didn't expect much) but it sounds amazing.

Dude did Homeworld 2 soundtrack, shit is gonna be so cash.

~Kinggi~

Banned
And fuck i just heard about this, missed the damn funding of that game by 10 hours. It has PAUL RUSKAY he did the Homeworld soundtrack and it has giant mechs o shieeeet.

Welp it's over and they got my $70. Looking forward to this one! Especially with the tentative release date so close.

Dude did Homeworld 2 soundtrack, shit is gonna be so cash.

He did HW 1 as well.

Fuck guys im pissed u didnt BUMP this more WHY.jpg

Top Bottom