• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stubhub Won't Pay Me For Tickets I Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddog

A few weeks ago I sold two pairs of tickets I couldn't use on StubHub. I got the email saying that the buyer received the tickets and that I would be paid via Paypal in up to 5 business days.

5 business days go by and no payment. I contact StubHub. They said there was an issue with my credit card. I asked what it was. They said they couldn't tell me and that they had tried to contact me. I had no missed calls or emails so I don't know how legitimate that claim was.

I left my number and they said I would be contacted in two business days. I was not. I contacted them and they said wait another two business days. I was not contacted again.

It's now been 10 business days since I got the emails that the tickets have been sold and after contacting the support today I got the same "We will contact you in two business days" line that I've gotten several times now.

I am not writing this post to gather sympathy. I just wanted to inform others that Stubhub has essentially pocketed the profits of selling my tickets and seems to not want to help me get the money that I am owed. It's approximately $300 so not a huge amount but still frustrating. Be careful everyone.

Kaladin

I've had no problem getting funds delivered from Stub Hub to my account. Have you connected a PayPal account to send them to? That's usually the best way to go.

Maddog

I've had no problem getting funds delivered from Stub Hub to my account. Have you connected a PayPal account to send them to? That's usually the best way to go.

Yes. I have sold tickets on this very account previously. Exact same Paypal details. They have claimed there is an issue with my credit card that I used so they could charge me if the tickets did not work.

Kaladin

Yes. I have sold tickets on this very account previously. Exact same Paypal details. They have claimed there is an issue with my credit card that I used so they could charge me if the tickets did not work.

Have you double checked the credit card and checked with the credit card company?

Perhaps if you call the credit card company and explain the issue you could get someone there to contact StubHub on your behalf to find out the problem.

Valtýr

Call them and get someone on the phone. Refuse to hang up unless you can speak with a manager or a supervisor. If they hang up on you, call again. Don't let them screw you over.

Maddog

Have you double checked the credit card and checked with the credit card company?

Perhaps if you call the credit card company and explain the issue you could get someone there to contact StubHub on your behalf to find out the problem.

My credit card is fine. I've been buying stuff with it up until today. I will try to call them but it is difficult when StubHub refuses to tell me what is wrong with my credit card and have locked my account.

Kaladin

My credit card is fine. I've been buying stuff with it up until today. I will try to call them but it is difficult when StubHub refuses to tell me what is wrong with my credit card and have locked my account.

What credit card company is it if you don't mind me asking?

Some credit card customer service reps will help in cases like this. Just let them know that said company has locked your account because of a problem with their card when you know and they know there is no problem with your card. If they will help, they can get further than you.

Maddog

What credit card company is it if you don't mind me asking?

Some credit card customer service reps will help in cases like this. Just let them know that said company has locked your account because of a problem with their card when you know and they know there is no problem with your card. If they will help, they can get further than you.

MBNA. I will try that. Thanks. From what StubHub has told me, the first ticket order was actually cancelled because of the credit card issue. That is unfortunate as the event has already happened.

Maddog

I just spoke to StubHub again and they told me that

"I am very sorry about that but you won't be able to create an account and sell tickets with us anymore".

Great company.

Kaladin

I just spoke to StubHub again and they told me that

"I am very sorry about that but you won't be able to create an account and sell tickets with us anymore".

Great company.

Yeah, I'd escalate that or try to get your credit card company to help resolve what happened.

There is something they're not telling you.

Maddog

Yeah, I'd escalate that or try to get your credit card company to help resolve what happened.

There is something they're not telling you.

This is all StubHub will tell me:

"Thanks for waiting, I am seeing where this was handled by our Trust and Safety and based on the review I am seeing where they noted that we won't be able to reactivate your account due to some security flags. "

Kaladin

This is all StubHub will tell me:

"Thanks for waiting, I am seeing where this was handled by our Trust and Safety and based on the review I am seeing where they noted that we won't be able to reactivate your account due to some security flags. "

I'd keep calling back till I found out what security flags there were. It's almost sounding like your account got hacked or something.

Ron Mexico

Sounds like the initial purchase of the tickets was the issue.

Start from acquiring the tickets and work from there.

TVexperto

What the eff? dont let them hang up on you, if I were you I would seriously call them over and over again until I get my money, how can you say 300 bucks is not much?!

Demand to speak to a manager. There is someone at the company who knows what the security flags mean, escalate until it reaches that person. Ask to speak to Trust and Safety.

In the meantime, post your story on their fb account, any official forums, and to the better business Bureau.

It might just be a glitch and the guys working the customer service lines just don't know any better.

Definitely get the Better Business Bureau involved. They have helped me a lot in the past with companies that refuse to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom