• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sudeki has been released on Steam. Yes, that Sudeki.

Quoting myself from page 1, as it seems like a bunch of people done understand what's happening here.

Guys, this isn't really a big surprise. The game came out on PC shortly after the Xbox version launched, so really, this is just the PC version getting a Steam release. I wouldn't get my hopes up for Xbox to Steam ports.

So, this isn't MS deciding to release Xbox games on Steam. This is a game that received a PC port way back when that is just now receiving a Steam release.

UnrealEck

If Microsoft truly wanted to please PC gamers and win them back, they would release some big titles like Halo 3 and Halo 4 and ODST (whatever that was).

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
this games magazine ads were goat

dbc31f2c94b2fb8887eac8f522d49f2b.jpeg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
God, I haven't thought about this game in ages. I never had it, but all my friends who bought it were really disappointed in it.

this games magazine ads were goat
That's just boring run-of-the-mill objectification.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Probably going to take the plunge on this at some point. Missed it on the Xbox and I'm curious about the game. Still surprised to see it released and now Summoner is on GOG as of today. Crazy! Now if only someone would get on Phantom Dust and the Otogi games for obscure games from this era that need a re-release.

Grief.exe

Wow, never knew that. Huh.

On another note, even 10 years ago at the tender age of 17 I thought the character designs were bad. A small part of me still wanted to play it though, possibly.

Don't get me wrong, I wish we had Metal Arms. Its one of the games I am looking for on PS2/GC for emulation.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
When most people hear Tuomas Pirinen's name they immediately think of his best-known work, Operation Raccoon City. But in my heart Sudeki will always be his magnum opus.

Vlaphor

This is just the PC port cleaned up, with 360 controller support (with proper onscreen prompts) and steam cards.

I tried to run a +9 trainer written for the original PC version and it didn't work

I'm running it 2560x1440 downsampled to 1080p, with a whole host of things upgraded through Nvidia Control Panel and it runs perfectly.

So is this what MS meant by a "renewed commitment to PC gaming"?

I assume they've been spending all the time lovingly polishing this port.

DR2K

Banned
Ironically this came out around the time Tales of Symphonia released on Gamecube in the US. I remember me choosing between the 2 systems at the time.

I chose Gamecube of course, but later played this for a few hours then never looked back. It wasn't terrible, but there were many better rpgs to play.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So is this what MS meant by a "renewed commitment to PC gaming"?

I assume they've been spending all the time lovingly polishing this port.

Microsoft isn's involved with this re-release at all:

Developer: Climax Studios
Publisher: Climax Group

In fact, Microsoft didn't even publish the original PC release, back in 2005. Just the Xbox version.

CNCOMICS

I had fun with this game back then, and always wanted the PC version, I may just double dip, especially at $5.00.

Javaman

Great game for a great price. One of the few Xbox games I've actually finished. Hopefully the port holds up well. Time to dig through this thread.

Persona7

Banned
I worked at a game store when this came out. I'll say this for 2004: at that time, this kind of thing was capable of being taken seriously by a lot of people. Not by me, not by any of my co-workers, but certainly a segment of our, uh... sadder regulars.

Anybody without a Sonichu medallion would retch at the sight of this on a store shelf in 2014. So something's changed.

Chris chan would probably buy this blindly after seeing that magazine ad.

Top Bottom