• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sudeki - New gameplay videos, making of feature

siege

Banned
02.jpg

Game looks pretty damn good graphically if nothing else. Thanks for the links. Looking forward to this one myself.

u_neek said:
great graphics, sucky art!

I don't usually like this kind of comments, but I agree. Though the enviromment art is awesome, characters just seem out of place in this world. They look like characters I drew in my school books when I was in my Dragon Ball + Diablo 2 trip.

siege

Banned
great graphics, sucky art!

Well, the character designs aren't exactly outstanding, but they aren't dreadful either. It's fair to add I hate typical Japanese character design with the crazy hair, huge eyes, and flaming fashion style.

Sudeki seems to reach a decent compromise with attempting to imitate Japanese art without going overboard.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
The characters look decent, except for Buki who's absolutely awful. What the hell did they do with her face ?
The realtime intro looks really incredible I must say.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
looks stunning in motion, the ingame intro was incredible, then the characters started to speak.....terrible terrible voice work, especially the princess.

siege

Banned
then the characters started to speak.....terrible terrible voice work, especially the princess.

I've all but given up on good voice acting in video games. Quite frankly, it ranges from sub par to awful in every single game. I've just accepted it and I'm able to tolerate it much easier now - even going as far as being able to enjoy it at times.

belgurdo

Banned
siege said:
I've all but given up on good voice acting in video games. Quite frankly, it ranges from sub par to awful in every single game. I've just accepted it and I'm able to tolerate it much easier now - even going as far as being able to enjoy it at times.

Don't know what games you've been listening to, but I've heard my fair share of awesome US voicework in several games (stuff like MGS2, most Square games, and almost anything made in the US itself comes to mind.)

SyNapSe

siege said:

It seemed to me that KOTOR had pretty good voice work for being an RPG. Of course, this is the kind of issue that wouldn't bug me too much.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Yeah theres loads of games with great voicework these days, this is definatly not one of them though.

belgurdo

Banned
IgeL said:
Heh, I learned to like Ailish's voice after a while. At least it's quite unique. :)

She doesn't sound like a princess, but at least it's not the generic "SoCal white girl" type of voice that game companies love to use.

That intro is pretty cool. Good style and animation. Sure the character designs aren't the greatest, but hopefully the game will be good.

I'm looking forward to this.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I'm a bit worried about it given Che at XBN's comments. But given that I didn't really like the art stills I'm happily surprised at how good it looks in motion. I really like the menu controls too. It's very fluid all-around. If it gets decent review scores I'll check it out sooner rather than later.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Subitai said:
I'm so relieved I'm not the only one looking forward to this.

Well, unless they've significantly improved on the last build I played, you're going to be veeeery disappointed...

Unless you like repetitive combat, horrific frame rates, juvenile scripts, teenage-standard art, crap cameras and dumb level design - Oh look; s treasure chest. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE VILLAGE!!!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
boutrosinit said:
Well, unless they've significantly improved on the last build I played, you're going to be veeeery disappointed...

Unless you like repetitive combat, horrific frame rates, juvenile scripts, teenage-standard art, crap cameras and dumb level design - Oh look; s treasure chest. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE VILLAGE!!!

A horrible framerate?
oh crap.. :(

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Suikoguy said:
A horrible framerate?
oh crap.. :(

Yeah dude. Rotating the camera nearly gave me motion sickness. What cracked me up was when you're in small indoor localles like shops and your house - no enemies or anything to collide with - the FPS goes to 50/60?!?! Very weird.

IgeL

Like I said in the last thread, my preview build had no framerate problems - there was something weird about it the first time I played but it was not "normal" low framerate. It kind of reminded me of tearing, although the problem went away after a while / reboot. It was pretty weird, but it was not low framerate and did not affect the experience imho (I mean in the long run, after it disappeared).

Maybe more people who've played the preview build(s) could confirm this? Mine was the March preview, I think (ended at the temple boss).

Gorgeous environments! I like that they kept the nice-looking volume shadows from environments and characters in the game. Voice acting is on par with a typical US anime dub, IMO...not horrible, but not fantastic, either. Again, those environments are stunning.

Deku Tree

This game looks awesome! I like the vid's alot. The combat looks cool.
If it was released in May or June I would have paid full price for it.

But after it was delayed until July 13, I decided to wait for a price drop b/c my gaming schedule will be filled up between July 13 and probably the end of 2004 with other games.

Top Bottom