• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suggest the next comic super hero Sony should get exclusively for PS.

Venom: insomniac games no question could offer a very fun and yet visceral experience with venom. something a bit similar to prototype

6Z3OoK5.jpg

Ghost Rider: don't exactly know who could develop it, but when I think of the chain combat, either platinum games or suckerpunch productions

bw5gQA2.jpg

Doctor strange: either developed by remedy games or one of sony's first party.

RL9ofcY.jpg

Venom makes the most sense because they have the movie rights and the recent Tom Hardy movie did well enough to get a sequel.

It wouldn't need to be open-world either, a wide linear stealth action Prototype-ish game would work well, ideally 18 rated.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Uhh, I don’t think they have the movie rights to any other characters which they can leverage to get game licenses from Disney.

Can you imagine a Wolverine game by Santa Monica.
No not really. Why on earth would Sony stop making GOW games to make Wolverine games.

Spiderman is the only viable superhero worth PlayStation's time. Only one they have skin in the game for. That and perhaps a “The Boys”. Since they also have skin in that franchise. Otherwise it’s completely a waste of Naughty Dog’s time to invest time in IP they dont own. Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, and Guerrilla can easily make franchises for Sony.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Sony sucks at superheroes. Insomniac made Spider Man their one exception and that was developed before Sony acquired them.

Doubtful Marvel would give any license to Sony for exclusivity. Sony got Spiderman because of the dire financial straights Marvel was in, in the mid 90's and Sony leveraged that against the movies due to the superhero movie revitalization popularity.

Last edited:
Sony didn't make Spiderman, Insomniac did. This is what happens when you ask for stuff that ends up (maybe inadvertently in this case?) fuel a battle between plastic boxes instead of actually asking for good games, who says a Superman game needs to be a console exclusive to be good or to even get made?

It's like the people who keep wishing for crazy acquisitions; like if there's practically no evidence suggesting one is even close to happening with a certain company, yet you keep hoping it happens anyway, then you've lost the plot. It's one thing to say one might be happening if there's enough circumstantial evidence to point to it, but otherwise...nah.

Blond

Banned
I think the most pathetic form of gamer is the ps fanboy who destroys their room when they learn that horizon will come to steam, but now we're just arguing over semantics.

Not wanting to invest on consoles is not about being cheap, it's about wanting your game to look as sharp and vibrant as possible and as fast as possible. Why do people want to limit a game on 30-60 fps and sub-par 4k is beyond me.

In the end, I don't want to have three-four different game machines in my room, those days are long past. If more console games get ported to pc, all the better for people who want options. If not ... I'm not losing any sleep. More than enough games on Steam for ten lifetimes.
Because I don’t want to spend 500 dollars on an entry level GPU. Pc gaming is boutique to the point that I decided to forgo an upgrade and just buy an M1 Mac to play city builders and Diablo which was largely what I was playing anyway. I logged into my steam account recently and also realized how steam went from one of the best client’s to a system where I just don’t want to give them my money. The store is filled with early access, paid beta and indie shit clogging up and hiding games actually worth playing.

MastaKiiLA

I think it would have to be a character from the cinematic releases thus far, and also a single-character type of game...no ensembles. So, my picks:

1. Thor - The cosmic side of Marvel is more interesting to me, and with the Bifrost, warping between levels could be cool. Plus, Thor is just a cool character.

2. Hulk - The ability to smash things is key for this character. They can do Bruce and Hulk sections of the game. Plus, Planet Hulk allows them to let him rampage without too much concern for collateral damage, and the repercussions thereof. Maybe a gameplay element could be controlling Bruce or Hulk's rage, so that they don't go berserk at the wrong times.

3. Ant-man - Fighting at different scales could be a cool gameplay element. Knowing where and when to shrink or grow could be interesting. Also, with the introduction of the quantum realm, it adds loads of possibilities for sequels.

4. Doctor Strange - I think the magic aspect could allow for some wild visuals. He can teleport too, which allows for fancy use of the SSD. Pretty straight-forward progression system with learning new skills. Also he has some mythical/cosmic opponents he can fight. It would probably be necessary too, as he's not a real combat type, so some inhuman opponents could provide enough bodies to provide a good amount of action.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I think a Daredevil game could work. Courtroom drama and investigations, Spider-Man like combat, that sort of stuff.

Nickolaidas

Because I don’t want to spend 500 dollars on an entry level GPU. Pc gaming is boutique to the point that I decided to forgo an upgrade and just buy an M1 Mac to play city builders and Diablo which was largely what I was playing anyway. I logged into my steam account recently and also realized how steam went from one of the best client’s to a system where I just don’t want to give them my money. The store is filled with early access, paid beta and indie shit clogging up and hiding games actually worth playing.
You sound like I told you to throw away your PlayStation and get yourself a PC.

Why do you sound like I told you to throw away your PlayStation and get yourself a PC?

None. Before last generation I would’ve said something like “ahh it’s just how the industry works or get X platform to play etc”… but now? Just no to 3rd party exclusivity, especially on things like Marvel &Spiderman etc.

I grew up playing Spider-Man 1&2, the originals and it’s a crying shame I’m locked out of Spider-Man now because I’d need to buy into another ecosystem.

nope, fuck you and your platform cause I’m not buying it.

Vestal

Gold Member
It’s complete and absolute BULLSHIT that we now have console exclusive superhero’s. If it was a general property I would be ok with, but when you have games like Marvels Avengers that leverages the Marvel property as a whole this becomes a really stupid and asinine issue.

NewChoppa

Banned
The Flash. I feel like it’d be a pretty cool way to demonstrate the high-speed streaming capabilities of the SSD’s in the new consoles by running through some densely populated areas at ridiculous speeds

I don't like exclusive licensed games, and also Insomniac made that game great, not Sony. I'm sure some of Sony's studios could make some good superhero games, but I'd much rather they work on their own IPs (like Infamous, which is already a Superhero game).

It's good to have such an humanitarian feeling, but I'm happy with good games and I don't care about the rest. If a multiplatform developer can make a better Spiderman, I would gladly accept the change. For the same reason if an exclusive developer can make a better Avengers game, here's my money.
Right now I'd say Fuck Crystal Dynamics' Avengers, heh.
If the poor little Jimmy can't play the game bc his paresnts won't buy him another hardware, I'm sorry for the little poor Jimmy, but he'll eventually survive.
Until he's not posting on online boards... In that case his head would explode from anger and entitlement, so I guess there would be a point there. /s

GeorgPrime

Banned
Make a "Deadpool vs. Superman" movie and let Deadpool win.

Antman just needs Kryptonite, then shrink down, get into superman and place kryptonite bombs in his blood streams. Easy win.

Last edited:

Drewpee

Banned
After doing great with Spiderman, SONY just showed they can do great super hero games.
So who would you want they GET next & who is the developer?

For me I'd like Naughty Dog to take on Old Superman game.

alex-ross-instagram.jpg

Nobody has ever done a good Superman game from what I know & maybe only Naughty Dog can do him justice.
Superman has to be old & not that too powerful so they can confine him game play wise.
Or you have other better ideas you'd like to share.
None, it just opens a pandoras box of other companies doing the same and as we see with Microsoft buying Bethesda, that's not really a game Sony can play. We don't need one console that is Marvel exclusive and another that is DC exclusive.

elliot5

Sony doesn't own the rights to Spider-Man or Venom or anything Marvel when it comes to video games. They just had a deal with Marvel for Spider-Man 2018. Hence why it's called Marvel's Spider-Man. I imagine part of their deal with playing nice with Spider-Man in the Avengers series MCU was to make a game or have Spider-Man game rights for some time being. Plus with the massive success from Insomniac, they will continue that partnership.

That being said, I hope nobody gets exclusive rights to comic book heroes. It's dumb. Even if Microsoft somehow bought WB studios I would imagine they wouldn't just get ownership of Batman, so I'd hope they'd make Batman games for all platforms.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
X-Men, Wolverine in particular.
It's been too long since we've had a decent X-Men game!!!

Have insomniac make an Invincible game and ride the hype
Yeah, the show was enjoyable and Amazon signed on for 2 more seasons, so the time is right.

X-Men game based on Cable: The Last Hope
Cable is a man on a mission once again! To protect the fi rst mutant born since M-Day, Cable flees into the timestream with her - and now must raise young Hope as his daughter! But hot on their trail is the relentless Bishop, a former ally turned deadly foe - who believes that the child must die at any cost. And to make matters worse, Cable's time machine is broken...and they can only travel forward. Can Cable protect Hope from unforeseeable future dangers, from cyborg bears to cockroach armies to nuclear Armageddon? Can Cyclops, back in the present day, find a way to take the fight to Bishop? And will Hope survive to save the mutant race?
160px-Cable_v2_01.jpg

X-Statix
Subversive, media-loving mutants - the world-famous X-Statix - star in a series of bizarre, hilarious and deadly adventures with the most shocking ending ever! See all your favorites - including the Orphan, the Anarchist, Dead Girl, Doop, Venus Dee Milo and U-Go Girl - in action against and alongside Wolverine, the Avengers, Dr. Strange and others! Plus: the awful threats of Bad Guy, Pink Mink, Surrender Monkey and more!
KtgQ3H1.jpg

No Hero
Dead heroes in the dirt. A killer capable of almost supernatural tortures. Five generations of the world's only superhuman group. A forty-year legacy of standing for the rights of freedom and safety. A young man obsessed with the need for street justice. How much do you want to be a superhuman? How badly does he want it? Bad enough to bring on the last days of an American legend? If he even gets to survive that long? Forty years ago, a group of superhumans emerged in San Francisco, guided by the man whose unique new drugs gave them their incredible powers. But the team is not the only thing that's advanced over the years, and there are no easy victories when their luck finally begins to run out.
JNNulPR.jpg

Spawn
vkjGpvk.png

Top Bottom