• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League Official Harley Quinn Trailer Released

Draugoth

Gold Member

She’s a manic one-woman show and we wouldn’t have her any other way. Harley Quinn’s got the acrobatics, the guns, and, the know-how to use the Batman’s tech. She’s just what the Suicide Squad needs.

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League is available 02-02-2024 on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.

SCB3

Who is doing her VO? Its not Arlin Sorkeen (who's passed) or Tara Strong, but she feels off

Luipadre

Finally a proper 4K trailer lol, even if its just only 43 sec. Game looks much better in this video than the shit 1080p capture. Its not even washed out

Saber

Gold Member
Honest question, how does they officially release a video about a character that is pretty much on every Suicide Squad video? Am I missing something?

Who is doing her VO? Its not Arlin Sorkeen (who's passed) or Tara Strong, but she feels off
That's because it's not young Tara Strong from the early 90s/2000s, it's older Tara Strong from 2023.

It probably hurts like hell to perform Harley Quinn's voice after doing it for so long.

Anyone else kind of warming up to this?
I called it in the last thread. It will likely be awesome.

Just forget Arkham series. Forget expectations. Play this as a new IP, new game. If you look at it like that, it looks like a bigger budget Exoprimal, a PvE co-op TPS. In addition to that, the unique hook of facing Justice League enemies will likely be genuinely cool, taking down the Flash, Superman etc.

All that remains to be seen is if they can stick the landing and not blow it on egregious over-monetization. I'll probably get this on discount if the random co-op matchmaking is as easy as Monster Hunter / Exoprimal and you don't need to chat with anyone.

MiguelItUp

Anyone else kind of warming up to this?
I'm not, but I'm happy for those that are. It just.... doesn't look like anything really new. Depending on how it does maybe I'll check it out when it drops to a low price. I have no urgency to check it out at all.

Lokaum D+

Eric Cartman Lol GIF by South Park

SCB3

I called it in the last thread. It will likely be awesome.

Just forget Arkham series. Forget expectations. Play this as a new IP, new game. If you look at it like that, it looks like a bigger budget Exoprimal, a PvE co-op TPS. In addition to that, the unique hook of facing Justice League enemies will likely be genuinely cool, taking down the Flash, Superman etc.

All that remains to be seen is if they can stick the landing and not blow it on egregious over-monetization. I'll probably get this on discount if the random co-op matchmaking is as easy as Monster Hunter / Exoprimal and you don't need to chat with anyone.
To be fair, I really enjoyed Gotham Knights as well, it got a lot of hate, so rightfully, but it was a fun game imo

This game should have released around the time the second Suicide Squad movie came out in 2021. That was the height of the IP. At this point the name "Suicide Squad" just doesn't hit like it used to and Harley Quinn has been played out to death in every single thing she's in.

Last edited:
This game should have released around the time the second Suicide Squad movie came out in 2021. That was the height of the IP. At this point the name "Suicide Squad" just doesn't hit like it used to and Harley Quinn has been played out to death in every single thing she's in.
Suicide Squad is boring. But if they're smart this will be subversive enough to be interesting, with heros in villain roles. Similar to The Boys in a way, which is huge right now. But yeah, they probably don't have the guts to be edgy enough in this to live up to that. If they were smart, it could be a deconstruction of the superhero genre, which is what people want right now since they're so burned out on it. One of the few times "subversion" is appealing.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont follow Harley Quinn, except from what I remember in BTAS. But just curious is modern day Harley Quinn character now a big action superhero kicking ass shooting and beating people up?

In BTAS she was a quirky assistant type for Joker.

I dont follow Harley Quinn, except from what I remember in BTAS. But just curious is modern day Harley Quinn character now a big action superhero kicking ass shooting and beating people up?

In BTAS she was a quirky assistant type for Joker.
She is now a girl boss and beats the Joker to a pulp in a fist fight.

Last edited:
I get a feeling players who are good at this game will be a whole lot of fun to watch.

I like how they have integrated traversal with combat in this game. You get good at traversal, you get good at playing this.

Compared to Batman Arkham/ Spiderman games where traversal and combat are two different things.

Reminding me of Sunset Overdrive, traversal is gameplay philosophy. But while that game wasn't polished to perfection, this one might be it.

Kikorin

Worst thing about what they are showing to me is how unattractive the enemies are. I loved to beat to death the humans in Batman games, but these purple things looks so boring.

Said that, the fighting system seems pretty polished and also somehow original compared to other games out there, maybe it'll give a good feedback when you'll try by yourself.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'm sick of ALL comic book movies and games (I dont even play or watch them) and they are fucking EVERYWHERE, it has become worse than Minions for me.
They wouldn't be bad if they were any good. But they aren't so they really should stop making trash.

Maybe Monolith can change things around with Wonder Woman if it has the fun Shadow of Mordor combat but I kinda feel like most current Superhero games are just awful to play compared to their 2000's counterparts.

Gojiira

Banned
Ugh wish we could do for this what fans did for the Sonic movie, that fugly character model is just 🤢….

Top Bottom