• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suikoden I&II PSP not getting North American release!

Tabris

Now I know there's a thread here http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=64049&highlight=suikoden but that didn't get nearly enough attention, was started by someone who got banned and didn't mention Suikoden in the title.

So these are perhaps the greatest RPGs ever created. Some of the most expensive on ebay also. These games in portable goodness would just be like the greatest thing ever...

...but Konami are being bastards are not planning to release it in NA.

So please do me a favour, and politely request Suikoden I&II PSP through email on this page...

https://www.konami.co.jp/inquiry/cgi-bin/inquiry02.cgi?PAGE_NAME=index

...even if you think it may be worthless, it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to say "Please bring SuikodenI&II PSP to North America!" or you can write out a professional letter as I did.

So to inspire you to do this, here are some pictures of the greatest RPGs ever...

suikoden2_031.jpg
suikoden2_008.jpg
suikoden2_002.jpg

For proof of this thread, please see the following press release from Konami:
http://www.konami.co.jp/press/2005/09/033/r.17.09.16-e.html

Tabris

Cloudy said:
At least you didn't sell your minty fresh copy of Suiko 2 as soon as the news broke *cry*

Well if you want to make sure it wasn't a mistake, email Konami.

It's worth something at the very least.

Mrbob

I say we all refuse to buy Metal Gear Solid 4 until Konami brings this to North America!

STRIKE!

WHO IS WITH ME!

I pointed this out in the other thread, but they also list WE PSP as only being released in Japan even though its been confirmed for the US (and Europe I think).

Yeah, I looked at that. And uh, my comment still stands. They just need to be clear on what products are being announced for Japan and which for the US at the time of that press release.

ourumov

SolidSnakex said:
I pointed this out in the other thread, but they also list WE PSP as only being released in Japan even though its been confirmed for the US (and Europe I think).
WE is WE...But Suikoden...Well... they released fucking part 4 without never had released 3.

Vashu

Yeah, that sucked monkeyballs.. Due to localization costs they never brought it over. I would gladly buy a PSP just for games like Suikoden I and II, even though I own both of them already (PAL versions)... I got a US PS2 just to play Suikoden III, so why not bring these two gems over for the PSP? I don't think it's that hard to do right?

I was glad to hear the news of a collection of games currently very expensive in the US being rereleased, so of COURSE there are no plans to bring it over to America. :p (Hello Namco Collection, oh yeah, just loads of copies of Klonoa PSX sitting about...)

If they bring it over, I'll probably buy it. (Assuming I have a PSP by then, and this title might be one of the motivations for me to get one, since I've heard such good things about it.) Especially if they don't badly redub it in English (they can either do a good job, or not do it and just translate the text, either one's fine to me).

Holy christ, went and checked ebay for strategy guides for Suikoden and found one for II starting at 70 bucks...

I have a buddy that got the Tales game for psp along with the corresponding guide for the PS1 version, but he hasn't got around to playing it. Anyone else ever tried doing this with an import and was it too tedious?

Drek

Fuckin' A. Well, I guess both games having a U.S. release, and so few other PSP games (including WE) having only in Japan under them is something of a positive sign that its not 100% yet.

Still, emails away and a bizump for the thread.

Tamashii

Banned
kpop100 said:
wtf, is Sony going back to circa 1994-95... "Americans...nahhh they don't want no stinkin RPGs"

Fuck them if that's how they or any other companies are going to think regarding the release of certain RPGs or games in general.

Top Bottom