• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suits Season 4 |OT| A Firm, Divided - Wednesday 9/8c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn this is getting more complicated. I guess harvey and mike will come up with a master plan to get the SEC off both their backs and they will bro out and rejoin each other.

Yeah there's no way Sidwell was told the details of the deal. But could still blow up. Mike will say I didn't take the money because he wanted to cut you out so he tricked you into taking it. Sidwell will say you should have told me that. And there it goes.

Sidwell probably has no idea he was cut out of the deal. Money guy just told him Mike had secured his funding, not the terms.

Hmm sounded like he told Sidwell about it, but i will watch it again, once it hits on-demand just to make sure.

Edit: hmm looks like i probably mis-heard :/, still will go back to watch it tho.

mackaveli

Yeah I didn't understand the ending. I had to rewatch it a couple of times and I still don't understand it fully.

So does Sidwell know about the deal and that's why he wanted to get a tombstone with Mike's name on it or some shit because Mike a solid dude or not? I was confused as hell.

Deadly

Yeah there's no way Sidwell was told the details of the deal. But could still blow up. Mike will say I didn't take the money because he wanted to cut you out so he tricked you into taking it. Sidwell will say you should have told me that. And there it goes.
Yep also expecting this
especially considering the synopsis that was posted on the last page
. It's too bad cause it was a nice moment :(

CRS

Forstman realizes what Mike was planning to do (pretend like he had Forstman's money without ever accepting the deal) since they're both 'sneaky little shits'.

Forstman goes to Sidwell and tells him that Mike came to Forstman to be the financial backer and that Forstman had agreed.

Sidwell was excited to find this out and found it strange that Mike hadn't accepted the deal so Sidwell accepts it for Mike.

Mike sets up a meeting with Forstman that Mike doesn't want to go ahead with the deal since he doesn't want to backstab Sodwell.

Forstman tells Mike that it's too late and that Sidwell has accepted the deal for him.

And all of this happened without Sidwell knowing or being told about the arrangement of getting left out.

So now Mike is screwed (officially) since his deal with the Devil has been accepted.

tl;dr - Deal was officially accepted, Sidwell is still being left out, Mike is fucked.

CRS

I just hope the writers didn't pull a "Sidwell always knew Forstman was scheming something and was just waiting on Mike to come clean" bullshit. I want repercussions.

Things noticed in the promo:

Logan/Rachel kiss.
Was that Louis giving Donna a necklace?
Mike and Harvey seem playfully competitive again which is nice.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I took the end to mean that Forstman cut Sidwell back into the deal
He originally wrote him out because he wasn't sure who he was but then when talking to Mike he realised who he was working with and as Mike works for Sidwell I assumed he included them in again

jey_16

Banned
i thought the ending meant Sidwell was back into the deal? Forstman said if i had a partner like that then i wouldn't want to cut him out either?

i thought the ending meant Sidwell was back into the deal? Forstman said if i had a partner like that then i wouldn't want to cut him out either?

That's how I interpreted it. Sidwell surely must have known there was a reason Mike hadn't taken the money already.

Tamanon

Banned
He originally wrote him out because he wasn't sure who he was but then when talking to Mike he realised who he was working with and as Mike works for Sidwell I assumed he included them in again

So then maybe Mike is getting cut out of the deal instead, lol.

Mike does all the work, gets the deal done, and then he's written out and the tombstone is for him.

stn

I interpreted the ending to mean that Sidwell is in on the deal. Besides, how could Sidwell be cut out of the deal if he's the one who accepted its terms?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Yeah there is no way Sidwell would accept a deal where he gets cut out
Forstman must have been impressed with what Mike had done and altered he conditions
That or Sidwell is a fucking idiot in which case he doesnt deserve the money

Tamanon

Banned
Assuming Sidwell was read into the deal and he's not getting cut out, what makes sense is Mike's controlling interest getting cut out of the deal. All the shares are bought under Sidwell's company's name. So the company gets sold for parts instead of saved and Mike gets a hollow victory that makes him feel like shit.

-edit-

Made even worse if Logan Sanders decides to become the good guy investor instead but loses the takeover battle.

I rewatched it and am still unclear as to what happened there. It does kind of sound like Sidwell accepted him as a partner meaning he must have seen the terms. So yeah either Mike is getting cut out or they're all buds now? Or the sleaze-ball is just waiting for another opportunity to screw em.

RangersFan

That's how I interpreted it. Sidwell surely must have known there was a reason Mike hadn't taken the money already.

that's what happened. Sidwell isn't cut out of the deal.

Forstman told Mike he was watching his maneuvers the past few days and liked that he was getting into business with a sneaky little shit just like him. He went to Sidwell and put the deal through for him and instead of letting him wallow on about whether to fuck over Sidwell or not.

I just don't buy that Sidwell would screw Mike over. Yeah he is about that money but he seems like a good guy overall. And he seems to like Mike.

But money.
I guess. In the end, everyone on this show is an asshole other than maybe Donna so I would not be surprised. Sidwell would look super dick-ish if mike told him after being screwed over that he didn't take the money so HE wouldn't get screwed over. Whoops!

Welcome to the big leagues I guess. Or we're all wrong.

Well the synopsis I posted a page ago does say "mike is reeling after the takeover battle" so obviously something happens that gets him going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom