• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Smile PreCure! 30

smileprecure30.jpg

iGh6salMa1O6J.gif

Pooya

Hyouka 21

post culture fair Hyouka is best Hyouka. Hyouka is best when it's about the main cast not someone else's problem, their feelings are far more interesting than everything else in the show.

Friend! You are so wrong... so wrong. The gradient in the universe of female urine taste is as massive as that of beer if not more. Let me ask you this: Have you ever gently slid the sultry and silky one piece of a beautiful woman up her leg, the smell of her perfume and body wash washing over your nostrils as you feel the warm and subtle tastes of her urine filling your mouth as the river flows down your throat and a tiny stream down your chin? The taste of a good woman, like beer can surely stand on its own and is a presentation of the life lived to produce that unique signature in your taste buds so much that no two women or beer taste the same. Still, the experience and accompaniment of the drink that takes that color and paints a renaissance pantheon in your memories. Drink more good beer and allow your museum to be filled with these great works of art.

Drink responsibly.
iSqoAN1w5cvBa.gif

So I started re-watching .Hack//Roots on Friday and thought I'd check in on some thoughts with impressions of episode 01 - 12.

My memories served correct in that it's no SAO sadly and while filled with many annoyances and questions, it's building up to what may be a satisfying second half though 1/2 the series to get there is a bit high of an asking price.

I found some general annoyances in what I can only sum up as failed attempts making unique character building mechanics. The way a scene will have a static close-up of a characters face for a few seconds followed by some standard grunt like sound that signifies "yes" (though hardly ever in a positive context) is highly annoying. It makes you think someone was trying to tighten that animation budget as this commonly happens a few times an episode.

Haseo, the main man of the story is a brat most of the time and his few shining moments almost always immediately fall flat as though his tsundre spirit has Tourette or something. Any moment of him looking awesome in combat is immediately followed by him being overpowered and/or saved by some else. He doesn't understand other people’s emotions and rarely shows any of his own aside from dejection and jealousy. He's no Kirito :(

The saving grace of the series as far as enjoyable characters is Tabby (and Ender to a much lesser extent).

Articalys

And so begins Yamakan's next project: Wake Up,Girls!
The production company avex entertainment announced on Monday that director Yutaka Yamamoto (Kannagi, Fractale) is helming a new anime titled Wake Up, Girls! in collaboration with Avex and the voice talent agency 81 Produce. Avex is billing the anime as a reunion of the Lucky Star staff, since Yamamoto will be working again with scriptwriter/series script editor Touko Machida (Lucky Star, The IDOLM@STER) and monaca composer Satoru Kousaki (Lucky Star, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya).

On Monday, Avex and 81 Produce launched open auditions for new female talent who will not only star as the main characters of the new anime, but also sing the anime's theme song. The Avex Group has worked with Ayumi Hamasaki, Kumi Koda, AAA, Super Girls, and other idols and musical artists, while 81 Produce has managed such voice cast members as Kana Asumi, Emiri Katō, and Megumi Toyoguchi. Kato and Avex talent Kaori Fukuhara appeared at Monday's press conference as "official supporters" of the new anime; they will not necessarily be in the new anime's cast. The anime's key visual showed seven girls, but the staff emphasized that it is not certain if the final group will still have seven girls.

The new anime is tentatively set in the Tohoku region, an area that was heavily affected by the earthquake of March 11, 2011, and will be about seven idol trainees. Yamamoto has been visiting the Tohoku region frequently, particularly the damaged hometown of Kannagi manga creator Eri Takenashi, and he already made blossom, a charity anime for the region.

cajunator

Banned
Is it clear what period(s) relative to the earthquake they'll be covering? I know they said aftermath but I can imagine things becoming dark depending on how they handle it which would be very uncharacteristic of the other namimes mentioned in this report.

How did you come up with that name?
Watashi kininarimasu!

duckroll

It's pretty shameless that whoever is doing PR for this new Wake up, Girls anime thing is trying so hard to associate it as a "reunion" of Lucky Star staff. Nothing wrong with leveraging on a director's past works, but when he got fired from the production after 4 episodes, I think the situation is different!

Dang! You guys are ice cold! Not on my list of top anime (doesn't hold a candle to Clannad or Kanon) but I appreiciated it for it's characters even though the overall story wasn't that great.

It had boring comedy, followed by poorly written tragedy. It tries way too hard to be deep and tragic. Definetly not ice cold, I love Clannad: AS. :)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Honestly idolm@ster and akb0048 were enough of the idol genre.
No need for more.
Not that I want to come across as abrasive but your custom title should probably be revoked if you're going to have that attitude.

Yeah, internet roleplay as established characters is ridiculously popular with nutty fan communities. I guess people feel better when they're pretending to be a fictional character.

Tumblr is a weird place.

I did more searching Anime RP and it's a universe I don't think I'm ready for. I can't even deal with general fan-fic let alone first person fan-fic. If it makes them happy then more power to them but man it seems a bit delusional to me :/

But Misaki Sawakiguchi madness is a special adorable kind of madness!

I don't get why people form up around her... she's a minor character that's barely been in four episodes. Is unkempt hair really that much of a turn on for people?

cajunator

Banned
I did more searching Anime RP and it's a universe I don't think I'm ready for. I can't even deal with general fan-fic let alone first person fan-fic. If it makes them happy then more power to them but man it seems a bit delusional to me :/

I don't get why people form up around her... she's a minor character that's barely been in four episodes. Is unkempt hair really that much of a turn on for people?

Misaki is just weird and super cute. She is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom