• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT3| Where All the Waifus Are Made Up and the Points Don't Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Envelope, give a look at some of the miscellaneous The Five Star Stories material available that could give you that sense of such accomplished universe I think this project has. Basically, something like this for starters:

Five Star Stories - GEARS Online
http://www.gearsonline.net/series/fivestarstories/

Seeing it maybe you start liking what this offers, and makes you check out this work as a whole. Give it a try, please! I recommend it to you personally.

Didn't the movie get a BD release somewhat recently? I think I remember someone sharing screenshots of it here, it did look quite impressive.

As far as getting into the franchise goes, I'll probably give the movie a try soonish, and if I like it, I can always move on to the manga.

i22SKX9Zy4hod.gif

I see you too are troubled by the fact it hasn't had a western release yet.
On that note, The Senran Kagura TV website has staff and preview up, but I can't read any of it.
XWanQ.jpg

/XX/

That's not me.
Oh. I was about to give you a compliment.
pizzaroll, I was thinking that you could leave Tsuneki Ikeda (from CAVE Co., Ltd.) aside for a time and use the image from this twitter account instead:

押井守メールマガジン (oshimaga) on Twitter
http://twitter.com/oshimaga

Didn't the movie get a BD release somewhat recently? I think I remember someone sharing screenshots of it here, it did look quite impressive.

As far as getting into the franchise goes, I'll probably give the movie a try soonish, and if I like it, I can always move on to the manga.
I think it is pretty good as a standalone work, although I wouldn't recommend that as an introductory method into that world because it was kind of a rushed adaptation, and now it only covers even less of the lore. Having said that, maybe as a condensed initiation into the franchise it could work, if it leaves you wanting for more. I'm not sure, but... yeah, go for it.

Risette

A Good Citizen
pizzaroll, I was thinking that you could leave Tsuneki Ikeda (from CAVE Co., Ltd.) aside for a time and use the image from this twitter account instead:

押井守メールマガジン (oshimaga) on Twitter
http://twitter.com/oshimaga
Saved for later use. :>

I'm keeping IKD on until I successfully clear one of his games. Until then, he stares back at me with every post I make, filling me with both confidence and shame.

Kazzy

Perhaps everyone else saw the closure of the school and cancelation of the cutural festival coming... I didn't :(

It's been telegraphed in multiple episodes, the meetings with the contractors, and the principal saying he laments the school being passed out of his hands. I apologize if I seem patronizing, I just thought it was clearly signposted.

It's been telegraphed in multiple episodes, the meetings with the contractors, and the principal saying he laments the school being passed out of his hands. I apologize if I seem patronizing, I just thought it was clearly signposted.

No worries :) I had an idea of the construction thing but not the cancelation. It still feels weird that they didn't let that class finish have their last festival.

I just don't get the hate for slow-moving slice-of-life animes. That's like half their charm.

That is actually a perfect concoction of that which makes these types of anime pretty sleep inducing. The only saving grace in these being interesting is if the characters are actually good enough that one would actually care about seeing them go through the story. (I dont think "slow moving" is actually a positive phrase)

/XX/

O.K., I think it is time for me to see Hyōka. There are so much good impressions around me that now I'm really CURIOUS.

Kazzy

If you don't see the analogy of XIII and Hyouka then you should ask someone not me.

I've completed that game, I don't see the correlation. As mentioned, people are making the link that both get strong in the final half, which is something I refute.

XIII gets worse at the finale.

O.K., I think it is time for me to see Hyōka. There are so much good impressions around me that now I'm really CURIOUS.

Yes, please do!

The way you talk about 0083, it always seems like the show mentally scarred you or something. :(

It's hard not be be scarred by a series of works you can reduce down to the formula:
Get vieweres to care about half the cast and hate the other half and then kill all of column B and a most of column A. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME! ;_;

Bakemonogatari was revealed.
ItemDescription
ItemDescription

Retail Price: $189.98

Date Available - Nov 15 2012
Contains episodes 1-15 and a 36-page booklet featuring character designs.

Special Features: Character Audio Commentary (subtitled), Textless Openings and Endings, TV Version Previews, Promotional Video.

Spoken Languages: Japanese, English subtitles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom