• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just watched today's Zero Punctuation episode when I realized my problem when it came with comedy anime. I find that the most of them that I watch is not fast paced or witty enough.

Is there any anime out there with really fast paced or witty humour? The only one I've seen would be Teekyuu.

Excel Saga, Dokuro-chan, Bobobo, Panty & Stocking, Cromartie High School, Binbougami ga.

being in smash bros is suffering

qW8HYdZ.png

Theonik

The Skull Man 03
And suddenly we get a confirmation that the mutant things were actually mutants and not something else. I'm going to assume that all the Orphans there were experimented on and that religious group has something to do with it hence why they are involved. (both victims so far had those bells on them.)
Yeah Skullman doing Skullman things. Also lol at that CG record player. This episode also featured some egg cracking sakuga. Also triggered my C96 watch. Though SNW did it better. Oh and I'd like to re-affirm the best girl status.

So I just watched today's Zero Punctuation episode when I realized my problem when it came with comedy anime. I find that the most of them that I watch is not fast paced or witty enough.

Is there any anime out there with really fast paced or witty humour? The only one I've seen would be Teekyuu.

Dude... I ONLY watch anime with comedy in it. If their's anyone that can give you a good list of comedy anime, I'm the guy. Heck, I don't even watch anime that don't have comedy in it.

Ben-To - One of the most hilarious anime I've ever seen. Their's so much comedy in this anime that I haven't seen in any other anime so a lot oj the jokes were fresh to me.
Danshi Kokosei No Nichijou - It's more like a boys version of your regular high school girl comedy. The jokes are really good and witty, though yes some of them are hit and miss.
Gintama - A pretty long show but it's definitely worth it to see some of the jokes in it. This is the only anime I've watched that actually made my eyes water from laughing. Though you probably already seen this.
Working - It's funny if your into office comedy. This one takes place inside a restaurant but most of it's humor is that slice-of-life humor in a workplace.
Seitokai Yakauindomo - If you don't mind inappropriate humor then this is really funny. It has a lot of inappropriate jokes that will make you laugh, though there's a tiny bit of ecchi in it so if you don't mind those 2 things then you will like this
Angel Beats - If you don't mind a little drama then this one is pretty funny. I'd say that it has little comedy int, but the comedy it does have in it is well worth the watch for it. For instance this.
School Rumble - This one is school humor. Most of it's humor is that boy trying to get the girl but fails humor, so if you like that then I'd recommend it.
Baka To Test - I almost forgot this one, but it's pretty funny. Actually most of the show is just comedy inside a story about a strategy game.
Seitokai No Ichizon - The whole point of this show is it's comedic scenes. Most of it is just the student council hanging around and just doing crazy stuff. My favorite scene

EDIT: Nvm seems like you already found one.

And thus, recalling DokiDoki Precure 23, I actually figured out a flaw that they could fix with Rosetta during this training arc. Which is both a character flaw and a problem with the show.

Making her actually fight. We already know she can beat the shit out of people, she just doesn't do it. Until she gets over this, she might as well be a cuter Cure Mint.

I can't think of the others besides being in Heart's shadow and being worthless.

CorvoSol

By the way I dropped Glass Fleet, so Syrinx can take his time with the series. It was really ugly and really uninteresting. I'm sorry if anyone is bugged by this, but I just cannot bring myself to watch it any more. Something had to give.

Narag

The Skull Man 03

And suddenly we get a confirmation that the mutant things were actually mutants and not something else. I'm going to assume that all the Orphans there were experimented on and that religious group has something to do with it hence why they are involved. (both victims so far had those bells on them.)
Yeah Skullman doing Skullman things. Also lol at that CG record player. This episode also featured some egg cracking sakuga. Also triggered my C96 watch. Though SNW did it better. Oh and I'd like to re-affirm the best girl status.

That episode hit me hard. I was kinda just teetering along with the show then wham.

Syrinx

Ojamajo Doremi 4

Hadzuki's spell-casting sounds like it's going to be annoying. Her high-pitched voice and that long name...eh, we'll see.

So now Doremi, Hadzuki, and Aiko are running the shop. Probably doesn't bode well, but hey, the frog is broke, so desperate times call for desperate measures. I wouldn't have touched that old shop with a 50-foot pole.

wonzo

Banned
By the way I dropped Glass Fleet, so Syrinx can take his time with the series. It was really ugly and really uninteresting. I'm sorry if anyone is bugged by this, but I just cannot bring myself to watch it any more. Something had to give.
Shame on you.

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes - 102: Braving Danger to Bear Arms

~ War was something those republicans asked for. ~

And Julian's first military battle ends in tremendous success. The Iserlohn Fortress really is a greatly engineered fort, besieging it seems like an impossible objective without external factors to help you. Ofcourse his opponents were Wahlen, who is pretty B-tier, and a young rookie without much combat experience in a commanding role. I wonder how he'll fare against the top dogs of the Imperial Fleet, such as von Bittenfeld and Mittermeyer.

Hattori

Banned
Ojamajo Doremi 4

Hadzuki's spell-casting sounds like it's going to be annoying. Her high-pitched voice and that long name...eh, we'll see.

So now Doremi, Hadzuki, and Aiko are running the shop. Probably doesn't bode well, but hey, the frog is broke, so desperate times call for desperate measures. I wouldn't have touched that old shop with a 50-foot pole.

It flows better than Aiko's in my opinion, so it's not too bad.

Valvrave the Liberator Episode 07

LOL.

Glasses girl went boom boom. I couldn't help but laugh at how nonchalantly it happened too. Had to go go back in slow motion to catch it. Also lol her arm getting ripped off. That was a nice touch.

This show. This show.

LordCanti

Free! 01/02

Nice animation and a decent blend of sports melodrama and high school melodrama. It's got what you want if you're a sports fan, but a bit too much bishie if you're not a bishie fan (which I'm not).

I'm willing to rot my brain with sports anime though, so I'll keep watching. Until they win at Koshien.

That would be awesome...a swimming team winning at Koshien.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Valvrave the Liberator Episode 07

LOL.

Glasses girl went boom boom. I couldn't help but laugh at how nonchalantly it happened too. Had to go go back in slow motion to catch it. Also lol her arm getting ripped off. That was a nice touch.

This show. This show.

Just keep going mang. Just keep going.

zeroshiki

Free! 01/02

Nice animation and a decent blend of sports melodrama and high school melodrama. It's got what you want if you're a sports fan, but a bit too much bishie if you're not a bishie fan (which I'm not).

I'm willing to rot my brain with sports anime though, so I'll keep watching. Until they win at Koshien.

That would be awesome...a swimming team winning at Koshien.

Do... they dig up the field and install a pool? Or do they swim in the dirt?

Saint Seiya Omega 63
tumblr_mpl1l26RZL1rfbdu4o2_500.gif

Hati is one of my favorite the Pallastra folks, though needs a few more episodes to establish himself. Titan is still most compelling just for strength sake. Not much to say beyond just Seiya ftw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom