• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

Interest dropping to new lows.

The fights didn't seem to great when I was reading it, and honestly I didn't want it to go that direction. Guess I'll just let it stay dropped.

The sakugas seem effing great from the trailer tho, that where the interest comes, who knows if its pulling Code:Breaker.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So new idol show this season with Locodol. And then there is Francesca which doesn't seem to be an idol show but it does star a zombie idol.

Also I was so fixated with Sword Art Online I forgot Psycho Pass was also coming. Gonna be a fun season.

Shergal

dat OP tho

I'm just hoping Barakamon will be great, it's all I ask from this season (and Dandy sakuga, but I know for a fact that will deliver far above expectations already).

Mokoi

Banned
Well my interest just took a complete nosedive. I mean if its entertaining whatever, but I've was really hoping it was an at-least okay horror story.

Lol nope, there's no horror story what so ever. Just cool masks, and fights for the most part. It holds the number 1 spot on my to watch list.

Chariot

So is there anything this season that might actually be good?
There is actually a lot interesting things, depending on what you like and you watched (a lot of the interseting stuff are sequels).
I've read the Tokyo ESP manga and liked it very much. maybe you'll like it too.

I'm juggling a lot of games.

Max Payne 3, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Murdered: Soul Suspect, Bravely Default, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen and Final Fantasy XIII (I will beat this game, once and for all.)

I also plan on starting Dragon Age II sometime because reasons I haven't thought of yet

I dropped that show real quick.

Only P4 arena right now. I've been trying to improve my skills so I stop losing to other Gaffers.

Recently I've played some Shovel Knight on my WiiU. It's great fun.

P4A even though I am god awful at it. Atelier Ayesha, Uncharted 2.

Playing a lot of different games on Steam right now, Shovel Knight is the focus though.

Bioshock Infinite

Will the circle
be unbroken;
By and by
by and by;
Is a better
home awaiting;
In the sky
in the sky;

Zelda wind waker HD and Blazblue sometimes. Mario kart 8 recently.

Why would you want anime to die?
Are you suggesting we go outside instead?

Alright I'll add everyone.

Whats your id cajunator?

My psn id is xx_birdman_xx101
I want to change it -__-

Lurky

There is actually a lot interesting things, depending on what you like and you watched (a lot of the interseting stuff are sequels).
I've read the Tokyo ESP manga and liked it very much. maybe you'll like it too.

Then is there anything with lots of loli and/or gore? I also like shows that are so bad that they're fun to watch.

Chariot

Then is there anything with lots of loli and/or gore? I also like shows that are so bad that they're fun to watch.
Barakamon, fate/kaleid liner, Yana no Susume 2, sword art online II and Tokyo Ghoul looks like what you want to be watching.

TUSR

Banned
If you need to tide over your dying loli thirst you shoud check out Black Bullet from the Spring.

Lurky

Barakamon, fate/kaleid liner, Yana no Susume 2, sword art online II and Tokyo Ghoul looks like what you want to be watching.

Well you can cross off SAO and Tokyo Ghoul since I won't bother with those. I'll check out the rest though. Also, I totally forgot that the illya show was getting another season. I'm definitely gonna enjoy that.

Mokoi

Banned
Oh wow I can't believe I didn't notice, but Barakamon got an animu. I really enjoyed the manga, so that's neat.

cajunator

Banned
Dat OP.. I'm back to the Anipike and Geocities days o_O

Anipike still exists! Unfortunately they updated the look.

Clearly not enough Ami representation in the OP.

Hnnnnnngh

Jintor did the Lord's work.

It's the only time. We waited so long for you to euthanize it ;_;

I suppose so.

Alright I'll add everyone.

Whats your id cajunator?

My psn id is xx_birdman_xx101
I want to change it -__-

I dont remember but probably also cajunator

BluWacky

GREAT OP, madp - loving the throwback.

The only show I'm definitely going to watch is Terror in Resonance, but there's a surprising number of shows that I might give a glance over. Normally Summer's a bit of a barren season but it doesn't seem too bad this year.

Of course, I will completely fail to watch anything, because that's how I roll with anime these days :(

TUSR

Banned
That Rosalina thread is killing me. The Waluigi picture loooool.

Yeah a lot start out strong but end strangely or ambiguously. Japanese stories tend to prefer ambiguous or unresolved endings it seems like.

Such depressing truth.

Lurky

Yeah a lot start out strong but end strangely or ambiguously. Japanese stories tend to prefer ambiguous or unresolved endings it seems like.

I get bad endings. I love nice boats. But ambiguous/unresolved are just the worst. The problem is though, even when the endings aren't unresolved japanese writers seem to prefer the worst endings possible. Especially when a harem is involved. I'm talking about how they choose the worst girl every single time.

TUSR

Banned
I get bad endings. I love nice boats. But ambiguous/unresolved are just the worst. The problem is though, even when the endings aren't unresolved japanese writers seem to prefer the worst endings possible. Especially when a harem is involved. I'm talking about how they choose the worst girl every single time.

Naru won though.

Chitoge will win.

Episode 5 was the best for me, episode stuck with me throughout the rest of the season.

Although overall I agree that the later half of the show was much better.

5 was an episode that could have been near the upper tier for me. I think its use of montages undercut the bond being formed between Dandy and Adélie, which made the ending feel unearned and formulaic. Also, I get that Dandy is a buffoon, but his handling of sneaking out to
try to find her grandfather
came across as a lazy way to set up the conflict.

Oh wow I can't believe I didn't notice, but Barakamon got an animu. I really enjoyed the manga, so that's neat.

I know, I saw no one talking about it in the last thread (may have missed it though). Probably the show I'm most looking forward to now, next to Rail Wars.

Anipike still exists! Unfortunately they updated the look.

Hnnnnnngh

I suppose so.

I dont remember but probably also cajunator

Kay

Chariot

I can only agree. I'm always getting upset about the worst girl thing and I still can't stop watchting this filthy shows.

Blusby

Some comments of the manga readers has turned me off, it seems that it starts well but later
it goes well into battle shonen territory.
Character exploration is still consistently well done, it only makes sense that as
the story progresses, with Kaneki becoming more involved with the world of ghouls that the stakes are higher.

TUSR

Banned
Naru sucked! But I'll concede that since she wasn't the worst. And Chitoge won't win. She's also not even the best character! btw The worst girl is Onodera.
The worst part about harems these days is there is no clear winner spelt out in the beginning. It's just a big ol' jerk around. Nisekoi was pretty interesting as an anime but since I started reading the manga it's been nothing except disappointment.

Edit: trying to have a serious conversation about harems pretty much means I need to go to bed.

Lurky

I can only agree. I'm always getting upset about the worst girl thing and I still can't stop watchting this filthy shows.
That's exactly how anime is! It's such terrible vile crap and even though we know it, we can't stop watching.
The worst part about harems these days is there is no clear winner spelt out in the beginning. It's just a big ol' jerk around. Nisekoi was pretty interesting as an anime but since I started reading the manga it's been nothing except disappointment.

I feel your pain. Although, I like how there's no clear winner in the beginning. It makes the audience become more attached to different characters.

Theonik

underconstruction.gif

It needs to be the 8th already.

I wanna read more Nozaki-kun but the translations are sooooooooooooooo bad.
They are very bad but its readable. The original writing is equally UGH though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Isn't it because people often have a really good idea to start with (hence why they wrote it down in the first place) and it gains popularity so the publishers demand more so the writer has to come up with more despite not necessarily having any new good ideas so they just write whatever to appease the demand.

It's why in Britain many shows are so short because the writers have enough power to call it a day no matter the popularity.

I feel your pain. Although, I like how there's no clear winner in the beginning. It makes the audience become more attached to different characters.
If I watch a harem I prefer there to be no clear winner when it starts.

When you have crap like Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo when one girl is so clearly going to win it takes all the enjoyment out of it because it just becomes about watching the other girl or girls fall over themselves.

cajunator

Banned
That Rosalina thread is killing me. The Waluigi picture loooool.

Such depressing truth.

I think it sometimes has To do with manga runs often still ongoing with no obvious outcome. Also, some shows just end in some way that doesnt resolve everything like the viewer would like. I honestly think western stories have neater more satisfying resolutions.

Yeah sometimes its REALLY aggravating. Especially when you get very invested in a series and you could see the perfect way to end it, but the story does something that diminishes the effect or emotion.

Mokoi

Banned
Isn't it because people often have a really good idea to start with (hence why they wrote it down in the first place) and it gains popularity so the publishers demand more so the writer has to come up with more despite not necessarily having any new good ideas so they just write whatever to appease the demand.

It's why in Britain many shows are so short because the writers have enough power to call it a day no matter the popularity.

I wish that happened more often.

TUSR

Banned
I think it sometimes has To do with manga runs often still ongoing with no obvious outcome. Also, some shows just end in some way that doesnt resolve everything like the viewer would like. I honestly think western stories have neater more satisfying resolutions.
The most satisfying resolution for me from a longer running series has to be Inu Yasha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom