• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have a youtube channel? Link?

Well... okay. But just know that I fuck up one of the lyrics. I meant to say "kiki nagara aruku" and I derped and said "kiki nagare aruku" which doesn't even make any sense. Also omg GAF is gonna see what I look like. Scary shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U4TC5cYxvY

Eww,
blinds not shutters?

I KNOW RIGHT. I live in a rented town home and I'm not sure if I can swap them out or not.

Chariot

We are... family?
I see you as an uncle.

That's how I imagine you:

jP5hLJIyd238V.png

Blusby

Mad Bull 34 04

It's RoboAlienPredator flipping somebody off. What more do you need to know? Go watch this now.

Yeah, ok then. This is like somebody watched a lot of 80s movies and played a bunch of Final Fight and made an anime out of it.

The first 3 episodes are like a buddy cop movie with added over the top violence and gratuitous nudity. The story is pretty standard stuff with a few bizarre moments.

And then the 4th episode goes all in and adds that RoboAlienPredator and a weird ending. There's also a shootout with incredibly unfitting sound effects.

The music is pretty funky and fitting for the show, same with the dub. Not sure what whoever voices that police chief is trying to do though.

If you ever wanted to know what a Japanese anime version of an American 80s action B-movie (or several really) would be like, then watch this.

Decent enough. 3/5 NYPD patches:
qrGWUiU.png
qrGWUiU.png
qrGWUiU.png
IhZpkY3.png
IhZpkY3.png

Hapiness charge Precure - 20
Misunderstandings, drama , troubled past , people running away

Wait ? am i in a key drama anime ?
No ? what's going on then ?
Happiness.Charge.Precure.20.jpg

Well i don't , but this wouldn't be precure without a Very optimistic team leader
OK let me calm down.. Cure lovely is reaching some dangerous Aida mana levels of cheatance. But this comes just in time for the return of the precure hunter...

Will the drama be stronger than teamwork ?
( don't answer i already know who will win )

Chariot

That's like 7/10. Truly the IGN of anime reviews.
Wouldn't IGN not be like 10/10?
Then again... who distributed Mad Bull in america?

I thought there were more shows about cute girls in recent years.
Well I recognize pretty much all these but i have watched all but one
Yuru Yuri
There were. A chart with all of them would be insane.
Our friends at NISA have added the Toradora dub to Crunchyroll

http://www.crunchyroll.com/toradora
Europe am cry. This news always make me sad.

Midonin

Gosick 19-21

I know from the way most light novels are written that it's a self-contained story in the first book, followed by a more continuing one in the books thereafter. And every story has been playing into the climax since episode 6. I don't know how much of this was planned out beforehand by the author, but this arc in particular was enjoyable, utilizing elements from basically all previous stories, some lovely winter scenery and a real sense of tension. Plus the classic element of a detective story being staged around a play.
19's opening scene was tough to watch, and 21 featured a lot of body doubles playing a role in the goings-on. The show never said it outright, but I'm certain that the girl riding along with them in the carriage was Coco herself, living her life the way she wants to and distancing herself from that past. Thinking of it, that's what Victorique would love for herself too.
The comedy with Ms. Cecile was completely different from the intense murder mystery, but I can't say that took anything away from it either. I'm glad each of these book adaptations is 3 episodes long, it's like I'm watching a different mini-movie about Victorique and Kazuya's adventures every day.

And for tomorrow, the finale.

Hapiness charge Precure - 21

Drama ? nothing some crying can't fix !!!

No folks , that wasn't friendship , that was a Sdburton scene.at least that's everyone would have said if this wasn't a precure show.

Just look at this dialog !!
" i can't do anything without you !"

"you've always supported me"

"i'm so happy to have met you, hime"

" this should be a terrible situation , but i'm not afraid because you're here with me"
And then you have to add the hand holding ! Yeah yeah friendship ....is not what this is.

Sdburton, stop invading every show !

Anyway , precure hunter mean business , his tactics are what's expected of a boss character , with traps , power and the habilities that comes with it.

Oh and cure honey is following in the cheated path that cure lovely took , 7 terribad in a single attack ? WTF

I mean just look at this :

Happi_precure_21.gif

This mid season finale is looking GOOD , so good ...can't wait.

Tokyo ESP 3
Interesting episode. New character and the problem wasn't just a one-and-down. It had a proper follow-up with a not so happy ending for an episode. Also a slightly better understanding of this ESP stuff.

OtoBoku 01

Mizuho (who is a guy) must for some reason go to the same school as his late mother went to since his recently deceased grandfather wanted him to. Only problem is that it's an all-girls school, so he has to dress up. Luckily the headmistress which is a nun, the homeroom teacher and his best friend Mariya who goes to this school doesn't have any problem with this at all.

Yes, a conversation. That's exactly what that was.

A conversation. Indeed.

Well. There were two parties. And...words...were exchanged.

OtoBoku 01

Mizuho (who is a guy) must for some reason go to the same school as his late mother went to since his recently deceased grandfather wanted him to. Only problem is that it's an all-girls school, so he has to dress up. Luckily the headmistress which is a nun, the homeroom teacher and his best friend Mariya who goes to this school doesn't have any problem with this at all.

I actually can't believe I watched this entire series and (somewhat) enjoyed it. Looking forward to your impressions.

cajunator

Banned
Thanks! Unsurprisingly though, my Midori no Hibi cover has waaay more views, since that one was kinda mainstream compared to Someday's Dreamers.

So we CAN agree about some things.

Midori Days <3
You got good taste.

I thought there were more shows about cute girls in recent years.
Well I recognize pretty much all these but i have watched all but one
Yuru Yuri

OH certainly there are many more. These are some recent popular ones though.

I think you need at least two messages saying that you can't see that show to really be banned from it.

jb20SHcvHXtTJa.png

Thanks, Crunchyroll, for rubbing in my wound twice :(

In this world of rapid globalization and online marketing, I dont understand really why region locking is still a thing.

Chariot

Gosick 19-21
Ah, Gosick. I hated the anime. I hated it so much, that I bought the first four light novels, just to have more to hate. I actually liked the Light Novels more, because they handled the foreshadowing better, but it was still pushed in ones face and everything and everyone was stupid. The only positive thing I took from the anime was the awesome opening.

Tokyo ESP 03

jIbzHzmNKSBfM.png

That's racist
God, I hate this adaption. This show somehow manages to make a any action incredible boring and lifeless. Nothing has any impact. I see action, but can't feel a bit of it. Also the music is kinda obnoxious.

The manga is so much better.
In this world of rapid globalization and online marketing, I dont understand really why region locking is still a thing.
Yeah, it's sickening. And we have still to pay the same price as the americans, even while only getting access to a third of their library.

Psycho Pass 3

Yeah this is new edit, but at this point it's clear the new edit is just two episodes of the original series duck taped together with the blu-ray corrections/scenes added so I'm just going to label them as the episode when I finish a half.

This was okay, another great example of how the sybl system creates more murders then it probably prevents. Good action but can very easily see this as a show that lost people.

OtoBoku 01

Well the reasons are much better explained in the game , but it's still an escuse for the "plot"

Game is obviously better but the anime was a good adaptation even if they took some liberties with some routes.
I don't think you'll have any idea of why the headmaster and the homeroom teacher are ok with it
Basicly it's this :
otoboku01.png

The familly not only participated in the creation of the school, but also is giving LOTS of money to said school.
After you have to understand that this was a long time request made by her dead mother directly to the headmaster (they were friends at the time )

And there you go you've got the perfect escuse for such a set-up.

cajunator

Banned
It's not a high quality box by any means but it's a box, lol:

If anyone has any idea what would be causing my Galaxy S4's camera to suddenly be taking really grainy pictures, I'd appreciate the help. I swear the quality never used to be this awful.

Yes, that's the song I covered!~

Told you you have good taste!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom