• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Space Dandy 17-

Glee-Themed-Karaoke-Revolution-Announced-2.jpg
+
+
+
+
+
=
6ea.png

jman2050

Is it that essential to understanding monogatari?

Guess I'll give it priority.

It's absolutely essential given the first arc of Season 2 is actually the second half of Neko.

You know what else is essential to understanding monogatari?

Kizu.

HINT HINT SHAFT

HINT HINT

Link Man

Banned
Starting a new show on my backlog!

Bodacious Space Pirates 1

I'm not sure what I expected, but this is starting out pretty nicely. Parfait scene was...special.

mankoto

Fate/Illya 10 END
Huh, I didn't expect it to end on this kind of note (in regards of how close and attached Miyu is). The series as a whole was pretty fun and entertaining.

My Mental Choices Are Interfering With My School Romantic Comedy [END]

Harem ends like every other harem................ oh how I missed you and glad you don't end like School Days. I'll never take you for granted again!!

But no this was a fun and funny anime. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It seems like they wanted to make this it's own little universe with a different character for each season going by the ending. That would've been cool. I wish they did it. Hopefully they do more because their humor was quite spot on.

And those final two choices on the end card made me lol.

"CHOSE!!!:
1. Thanks a lot!
2. Thank the boobies!!"

Narag

Ohhh, I didn't see that part. I guess it is a good thing I have only seen two (I didn't think Code Geass was bad enough to be put on a list like that). Is there an actual best anime list?

Geass is an outlier, more there for how off the rails it goes rather than it being bad.

Shergal

Ohhh, I didn't see that part. I guess it is a good thing I have only seen two (I didn't think Code Geass was bad enough to be put on a list like that). Is there an actual best anime list?

I mean, crafting a list of anime that has some aspect so ridiculous and off-the-wall it merits watching even when the show is shit is a relatively concrete thing.

Making a "best anime" list would never be possible beyond personal entries.

Barack Obama 4

Huh. This might be the most sensible problem with work I've seen in anime. As slice of life as it gets really. Making a big deal out of the boat job is exactly what I would do. The comedy hasn't been as amazing these past two episodes, but I guess the show is now more message-driven and encouraging than it is a comedy or story-driven. Which is appreciated as the kid characters and sensei are pretty great. Also after Blackjack I thought I would hate a kid character saying "shenshei" but I actually kind of like it here.

Hyouka 1

its beautiful

Told ya! One of the best I have seen in the past few months.

I mean, crafting a list of anime that has some aspect so ridiculous and off-the-wall it merits watching even when the show is shit is a relatively concrete thing.

Making a "best anime" list would never be possible beyond personal entries.

Exactly.

Now you just have the OVA, which I was somewhat amused by.

I will get to it at some point. I want to continue with my new Toradora Blu-rays though...

Link Man

Banned
Bodacious Space Pirates 2

lol, glad to see she brought the parfait with her.

I do have to wonder why Marika calls her mother by her first name.

Okay, that target practice scene was pretty great, getting into the philosophy behind a pirate.

So I'm sort of thinking this might turn out like Star Trek. Marika reminds me a bit of Kirk.

Thoraxes

Rail Wars - 04

Fuck yeah the fanservice in this episode.

Also excited to see another show do a bra un-clipping animation since the last major one was TLRD.

Space Dandy S2 E3

The show apparently thought when I said it was weird that it was a good thing and cranked it to 120%. Animation was great and all, but I don't know what I just watched.

CorvoSol

The List isn't about being bad. It's about being batshit insane. Kinda think quality ranges up and down the whole List. Some entries on it are considered good, others are all around bad (LOOKIN AT YOU MELODY OF OBLIVION.) but all of it is nuts.

Space Dandy S2 E4

Oh god I'm dying. Episode 1 of season 2 was going to be hard to beat for the rest of the season, but then we got Highschool Dandysical and whooped its ass. Amazing fucking episode. Every reference was amazing. If I have got to give props to one subtle joke over the others it has to be the fact that the science teacher who was teaching teleportation is a giant talking fly I nearly lost it. I also loved the 80's themed montage complete with 80's themed japanese montage song. Fucking brilliant.

And the musical scene at the end? Fuh'ged abouddit! The booty song had me in stitches. The animation was burrito supreme during the dancing, doesn't surprise anybody that dandy would have such sweet dance moves and beat, it's the dandy way of life baby. I find it sweet also that
he finally got a girl to genuinely fall for him, and she's got the booty he loves baby

So I think the combination of the films for this would be high school musical meets revenge of the nerds meets booty.

10/10 episode. Would watch again, and probably will tomorrow with my friends before the new episode of The Strain. This is the episode to beat now. I think the only other parody of high school musicals that beats this is the South Park episode.

Gazoinks

Space Dandy S2 E4

I was initially expecting this to be a spoof of Japanese high school shows, so the fact that was for some reason a spoof of 80s movies was amazing. So many references. The musical numbers. The gloriously cheesy montage. Was laughing throughout, and I'll probably watch this again tomorrow. Probably my favorite anime episode of the season so far.

Anyone know the director of the next ep? The art style looked vaguely familiar to me for some reason.

so hyouka is beautiful and all but i dont want to finish this because there is no more.

im scared

It's an arc/episodic show though, so it's not like the last episode we'll have the main leads losing their arm in a fight against demons and then the credits start rolling.

Don't be scared, it ends and leaves it open for more but it's not like you'll be left with cliffhangers.

Jex

Space Dandy S2 E4

I was initially expecting this to be a spoof of Japanese high school shows, so the fact that was for some reason a spoof of 80s movies was amazing. So many references. The musical numbers. The gloriously cheesy montage. Was laughing throughout, and I'll probably watch this again tomorrow. Probably my favorite anime episode of the season so far.

Anyone know the director of the next ep? The art style looked vaguely familiar to me for some reason.

People been praising Space Dandy all season. You just have to read!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom