• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuroden

I've seen two of the anime on that list. I have never even heard of a lot of them. Was this actually decided upon as a group? I would think things like Monster and Cowboy Bebop would be on there.

It's a list of its so bad its "good" (good i guess...some of its so bad its bad) anime but its missing G-Gundam.

TUSR

Banned
Mahouka 17
A light day for Batman-nii-sama, just taking someone down that tried messing with his sister. I felt it was kind of cheating to use flying magic especially since it required an additional device. Miyuki didn't really need it considering she shares blood with Batman-nii-sama. Also, laying it heavy with the incest.
just blood?

jman2050

Hey now I am mostly the same person!

Just.............. a little broken after that School Days ending. But for the most part I am still the same Key/KyoAni loving PshycoNinja you've all come to love and hate. :p

I never said the transformation was complete.

Just wait a while...

Midonin

Rail Wars 04

#TeamHaruka

I've seen Noa's arc plenty of times - including last season. Minori Chihara playing an idol who starts off distant and eventually comes around to appreciating the main cast? She just got done doing this. I know that there are some things that TBS doesn't allow with their network standards, but as long as it's done artistically, they can apparently get away with quite a bit. The show's really pushing Aoi as the main heroine, and while I like supporting Numakura and find her cute, I still want Haruka to have a focus episode of her own down the line.

A bit more service heavy than the first three, but I'm still not finding the show that terrible.

Midonin

Happiness Charge Precure! 26

After some minor delays, saw the episode. Cure of the Week is Cure Beat, which is pretty cool, but man, this romance plot train is not going to stop. Iona's unleashed a domino effect upon the universe. As foretold, most of the episode was Hime and Seiji lost in the woods because they got distracted with a vending machine, and for the most part it could be written off as friendship. Cherry Flamenco's fighting animation was somewhat cheap, but the best part of the episode was Hime destroying the MotW
in an epic battle of hair. Her 'do is superior to his pompadour. Go Hime!
. That final scene, though. Hime really is the main character of the show.

And though the show returns to school next time, the love geometric shape's repercussions continue to spiral out. Pretty Rhythm had romance as an element since day one, and Aikatsu hasn't had it all (though it's had plenty of yuri), and this falls somewhere between the two. HaCha still has enough for me to ship yuri-wise, but the last time I saw a romance plot that lasted for more than one episode was back in Fresh (Brian and Ouji barely count).

The ED has yet to change.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nisemonogatari 9

I am increasingly unsure about what the hell is koyomi's relationship with senjougahara.

Or anyone else for the matter.

Syrinx

Aria: The Natural 2

It's one of those treasure hunt episodes where the treasure ends up being something metaphorical instead of money.

But it really is pretty interesting to see all the little landmarks around Neo-Venezia, like this cafe where they move the tables into the shade as the sun cycles so the sunlight doesn't ruin the wine. This series may not have much plot or progression in it, but what it does have is this fascinating world where many of its wonders, big and small
(I know, no sappy lines allowed)
, are slowly revealed to us.

And President Aria is great as usual. Carrying around the balloon with his hat on it, and dumping the sugar into his cup of milk (or did he get coffee and somebody else got the milk?) One of my favorite mascot characters.

Midonin

Ladies, gentlemen and mostly me.

Aikatsu! will be getting a third season, the money train is too big to stop.

But what's worth noting is that Akari Oozora, who was introduced in this season as an Ichigo fangirl, seemed to be being groomed to be her replacement. Which is entirely correct. Because she is.

Also, one of the new main characters is voiced by Yui Ishikawa (China in Gundam Build Fighters, Mikasa in AoT).

I'm too deep into Aikatsu to quit now, and Ichigo is still there.

Barakamon 4

Cute though you'd think he could figure out how to use a rotary phone by looking at it especially if he has seen it on TV. His reaction to the cats is golden. He also seems to be quite literary devices user.

just blood?
as in the expression that she is genetically related to him so she is basically Batman-nii-sama lite.

Quasar

I thought it was koyomi x senjougahara + "others", but now I'm not sure.

Oh I still think it is. Its just weird in that they have almost no on-screen interaction together. So all you are left with is inferring what the relationship is like based on how they act separated.

HapCha has something to have yuri in it? Even Yes! 5 had more than HapCha.

Only thing who could work is Yuuko, and she loves rice more than anything.

Gave us magnificent trolling from Hime at least

VSCoIVW.jpg

Her taunting Seiji about the whole Megumi thing was glorious.

Antiwhippy

Oh I still think it is. Its just weird in that they have almost no on-screen interaction together. So all you are left with is inferring what the relationship is like based on how they act separated.

Well it's not so much their limited interactions as much as koyomi saying that he loves hanekawa and wants to marry mayoi.

Then the whole thing with karen.

Gets very confusing, as you can see.

Antiwhippy

Nisemonogatari

So that's that. Not as good as bake, seeing that it suffers from being rambly and incoherent, which is a feat considering how rambly and incoherent bakemonogatari is. Though I've always felt that the each arc in bakemonogatari manages to tie the rambliness into the overall story, which nise very often fails to do. Still enjoyed it just due to the style of conversation and character interaction which I've always enjoyed, and just shaft's general batshit insanity.

Onto monogatari next I guess?

Quasar

Nisemonogatari

So that's that. Not as good as bake, seeing that it suffers from being rambly and incoherent, which is a feat considering how rambly and incoherent bakemonogatari is. Though I've always felt that the each arc in bakemonogatari manages to tie the rambliness into the overall story, which nise very often fails to do. Still enjoyed it just due to the style of conversation and character interaction which I've always enjoyed, and just shaft's general batshit insanity.

Onto monogatari next I guess?

Have you seen neko?

Space Dandy - 17
I'm curious to see how the musical segments will fare with the japanese cast. The dub came off stilted to me at times despite the episode being entertaining on the whole. And dear lord, the animation is really off the charts this season.

Space Dandy 17

That was really good. I was more expecting an episode to play on the tropes of typical high school slice of life shows, but it ended up playing more on the tropes of musicals and 80s movies.

Since this episode had a ton of singing, I think I'll watch the sub sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom