• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, with that—in my opinion rather lacking—character design this 'ass-shot' was like looking at some small (badly dressed) child's ass. I have a hard time imagining someone finding that shot very alluring. But that's what you get when your important teen protagonists dont' seem to age and look totally different from the unimportant people.

Also just what the fuck is that shot. This fucking show man, it's killing me.

To be frank though, I just can't stop grinning throughout watching it it's just so gloriously stupid. That said, I'll watch into one episode of the next arc which supposedly "is the first 'actually' good thing the author wrote" and will most likely stop then.

Also what's with all the people saying (or were saying) Sinon is a good character. I mean she's initialized as someone with actual characteristics, a background story and goals. But by now...she's basically fucking Kirito already. Holy hell, Kirito you destroyer of characters.

Yuck. Given the context you've told me that puts me off even more of starting watching Season 2. Of course it'll all been downhill from Aincrad as it is.

Jarmel

Banned
JoJo-24

The best scene this entire season was that phone call at the end. That's the first piece of music that's not Roundabout, that I really liked in both seasons. Also was really touching in a family way.

Now I'm fully expecting Joseph to get killed.

Also should mention that the animation was really pretty good as a whole this season. Finale had some notable cuts in there.

Lain

DRAMAtical Murder 10

I'm unsure why I keep watching this show, though I can rule out attention to details.
Fzdb.jpg

Gzdb.jpg

I guess the show so far has lived up the the DRAMA part of its name.

Quasar

Tokyo ESP 10 - I have to say that whole thing with the relic amused me. Did not expect that, and really for that to be where the fish come from. That said if they were trying to get any sympathy for the cause Magneto style, they failed utterly. Eyes were rolled. I liked the episode though. I definitely want to pick up the manga when this is done.

cajunator

Banned

Someone put this show out of its misery please

Crunchyroll has, unsurprisingly, announced they will be streaming F/SN 2014

I really should get to Fate/Zero at some point.

Fate Zero is great but honestly not necessary to watch FSN

I'm pretty sure the "early showing" is theatrical events throughout the world. Don't think they'll be streaming early since the series starts on Oct 4.

This cat is NOT kidding. He told me his idea. It's terrible. Someone please volunteer!

Im curious!

hey guys, i'm trying to think of what to watch from my next "plan to watch" section and i could use some ideas (not necessarily from that list but preferably)

tyty

Lain

Defuser

Mahouka ep 24
Holy shit, Onii-sama is already so fucking hax broken and thats not even his final form? Jesus, somebody put a stop to this writer. I bet Tatsuya can go against Marvel characters with no problem at all.

Quasar

I had a feeling people would be moaning about this :)

I'm enjoying the series so far.

I almost didn't notice it. I was more bothered by the inability of people in the game to communicate with people outside via electronic means.

I guess with no cross-game chat, its all run on PS3s.

Is the Order a Rabbit? 02

A new friend and lots of normal looking rabbits.

Cocoa's navigation skills seems to be low, there's bread making, and then there's another strange rabbit. At least everybody are friends now and not rivals like in the old days.

I was kind of "eh" on this show. Its cute, but is the kind of show that goes no where and then just ends. Tippy is also tragically underutilized.

Ryuuroden

I'm pretty sure the "early showing" is theatrical events throughout the world. Don't think they'll be streaming early since the series starts on Oct 4.

This cat is NOT kidding. He told me his idea. It's terrible. Someone please volunteer!

Now you made me curious

maxresdefault.jpg

tell me more

Meeting beetween the NO GAME NO LIFE wrritter and the anime director :

- In a certain meeting room of a certain anime production agency on a certain day.

The director was holding a script that had been read almost to tatters, and asked MF (the publishers):

“...Ah~ what exactly is the setting here?”

The original writers’ gazes immediately - settled upon Kamiya who was currently immersing himself in the deliciousness of the snacks provided.

As he noticed everyone’s glances, faced with this sudden problem, Kamiya nearly choked but still stood up and said confidently -

“Hmm, it is not yet confirmed!!”

Despite the fact that everyone’s icy gazes were raining down upon him, Kamiya spread his arms wide and continued:

“If everything was decided from the very beginning, I can only write adhering to that! Adapting to the situation then presenting one’s work in the most effective and entertaining manner to the readers is true「Entertainment」!”

But, as he heard Kamiya declare this, the director nodded slowly instead and smiled mysteriously.

“So to say,「No Game No Life」this piece of work -「IS COMPLETE BULLSHIT」, is my explanation correct?”

“Absolutely correct! With bullshit and courage, nothing in this world is unachievable!!”

“Hmph...you brat, what’s your name?”

“Kamiya Yuu, these snacks are delicious (om nom nom).”

“I like you, Kamiya, you seem to be a good drinking partner.”

The two shook each other’s hands vigorously as though they were old friends, while the chief editor could only watch them -

Never had so much fun reading some stupid afterwords in a book.

Fully explain why we didn't have a picture for the setting of "disboard" before the anime was made lol

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Aldnoah 11

:jnc Mustang 33. Legitimately the
funniest jobber death
I've ever seen.

Really coming around on this show. My favorite this season, bummer its split court but can't wait to see how this season wraps up.

zulux21

aldnoah 11
decent episode... they seem to be mostly done with trying to put together this terrible story so perhaps we will just get mostly mindless battles from here on out and it will be just a fun watch.

barakamon 10
sensei is a jerk.

fairy tail current ep
this arc was kind of dumb and isn't really resolved so I am not sure why they are trying to make it seem like it is... dumbest thing was cats from erza's chest though.

terror 10
best episode with five in it... that being said just an ok ep and here's hoping she is dead (she is just passed out I know but I can hope :( )

tokyo ghoul 11
ok ep, but I don't need to read the chapters this covered in the manga to know they skipped a done and butchered it in general lol

The Irregular at Magic High School Episode 24
pimp-chan finally not pretending anymore. Next week we get to find out if sister needs pimp-chan's magic to survive, and the week after that we get to see the dating show "the ten clan's pimp challenge" to see which clan can make an honest man out of pimp-chan and rise to power by making him fall in love. (I haven't a clue what will really go on, but I have to believe that the last episode or an ova early next year is going to be about everyone going after him because of his pimptastic powers) :p

Midonin

Rail Wars 11

I wasn't too hot on the idea of Haruka being a hostage, though she volunteered to be a decoy knowing something like this might happen. This show's getting away with showing a lot more than I expected for something on TBS. There's no detail and all of it's artistically drawn around, or there's no detail at all, but between Haruka and Sassho in this episode, there's way more than expected. The arc comes to a close and everything is alright, but I don't know if Bernina's family's okay. Hope they follow up on that. In the past two multi-part episodes, the train stuff has been very prominent. And the writer of the LNs has done his research, too.

Quasar

Rail Wars 11

I wasn't too hot on the idea of Haruka being a hostage, though she volunteered to be a decoy knowing something like this might happen. This show's getting away with showing a lot more than I expected for something on TBS. There's no detail and all of it's artistically drawn around, or there's no detail at all, but between Haruka and Sassho in this episode, there's way more than expected. The arc comes to a close and everything is alright, but I don't know if Bernina's family's okay. Hope they follow up on that. In the past two multi-part episodes, the train stuff has been very prominent. And the writer of the LNs has done his research, too.

With only one episode left there isn't much room for followup. Not sure what I expect...bringing/returning to the terrorism plot I guess. And hopefully a confession.

G Gundam - 36

I liked how the fight in this one wasn't actually part of the tournament and could actually get George in serious trouble if he went through with it.

Fight was just okay in this episode though IMO.

G Gundam - 37

THIS episode's fight on the other hand, was much better.

Like, both fighters staked their lives on this one and I can tell that
Domon was seriously prepared to go all out even if it meant killing Sai Saichi right there.

Not to mention this was a great development for Sai Saichi's character, having read the letter from his father and suddenly realizing that everything he's been put through his whole life had all been for his father's dream, then him also realizing that he needs to grow up and take the reviving of his temple more seriously.

The moment in his Gundam with his father calling out to him was some serious Simon and Kamina stuff right there.

All right, now it's Argo time.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 5-6

The comedic timing is only getting stronger. I like how every character has their own foil; Waka and Seo in particular make a good team. There was some nice cartoony animation in the basketball segments too.

G Gundam - 38

Wong better have the most crushing defeat in this show.

Seriously, the guy tortures an employee just so Allenby can go into Beserker mode, which ends up being what kills Graham in this episode, having fully realized what Argo was trying to do for his wife. :(

So like, what is Master Asia's role in all this now? I mean, he knows full well about the Devil Gundam and Wong's plans, and yet at the same time is still trying to keep the spirit of the martial arts shining in Domon's fights. Hell, in this episode he tried to go out of his way to stop Wong.

It's weird because before the finals he was doing everything in his power to defeat Domon so he couldn't make it to the finals in the first place! I can't wait to hear just what exactly is up with him.

cajunator

Banned
Aldnoah 11

:jnc Mustang 33. Legitimately the
funniest jobber death
I've ever seen.

Really coming around on this show. My favorite this season, bummer its split court but can't wait to see how this season wraps up.

Lol you used jakncoke in the anime thread. The crossover is complete.

G Gundam - 38

Wong better have the most crushing defeat in this show.

Seriously, the guy tortures an employee just so Allenby can go into Beserker mode, which ends up being what kills Graham in this episode, having fully realized what Argo was trying to do for his wife. :(

So like, what is Master Asia's role in all this now? I mean, he knows full well about the Devil Gundam and Wong's plans, and yet at the same time is still trying to keep the spirit of the martial arts shining in Domon's fights. Hell, in this episode he tried to go out of his way to stop Wong.

It's weird because before the finals he was doing everything in his power to defeat Domon so he couldn't make it to the finals in the first place! I can't wait to hear just what exactly is up with him.

Well Graham
doesn't die from Allenby's attack though he won't be doing anything else for the rest of the show.
As for Master Asia well you'll find out soon enough.

Link Man

Banned
Log Horizon 20

Holy shit.

Say what you want about Mahouka's Onii-sama, but can he
grant immortality to mortals
?

Excellent episode all around, and especially enjoyed Crusty's war face.

Space Dandy 24

Another great episode. Loved the style switching and melding between the dimensions. All these sad endings recently. And did they tie into the first episode with this one?

NEXT EPISODE, SPACE ATTORNEY? HOLY SHIT NEED IT NOW
Guess the last eps won't be a two parter like some people wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom