• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
The 'Passion' key visual for the iM@S Cinderella Girls anime was put up in public today.

Who's who:

On the left, in bunny suit - Nina Ichihara
On the left, in mid-air with raised arms - Akane Hino
Front middle, kneeling with a finger to her mouth - Airi Totoki
Middle, standing above Airi with a green top - Aiko Takamori
Middle, wearing a white top and with another girl's arms around her shoulders - Miria Akagi
Middle, with her arms around Miria - Kirari Moroboshi (I think)
Far back, the left of the two slide girls - Syoko Hoshi
Far back, the right of the two slide girls - Mio Honda
On the right with blonde hair - Rika Jougasaki
On the right with pink hair, behind Rika - Mika Jougasaki

In case it's unclear, the best of these characters is Syoko.

crazy psycho mushroom girl is in it? Ok this might be good.
Still wish it had Mirei in it.

Is there a real place to know what is licensed in english and by whom ?

or is it more a search by case basis approach i should take ?

link removed. Im not taking chances even though it is a helpful tool. Sent you a PM

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Seriously, the only decent one there is Airi Totoki. No Kai Nishijima or Sanae Katagiri? For shame.

Surprised Shizuku Oikawa wasn't chosen. I thought she was popular.

cajunator

Banned
I'd laugh, but that's about the same as the one dedicated anime/Japanese goods store here in Norway :p

We had a really small anime store in town but it couldnt get enough business. It stopped selling DVDs and started card game events to try to drum up business but just couldnt make it.

The 'Passion' key visual for the iM@S Cinderella Girls anime was put up in public today.

Who's who:

On the left, in bunny suit - Nina Ichihara
On the left, in mid-air with raised arms - Akane Hino
Front middle, kneeling with a finger to her mouth - Airi Totoki
Middle, standing above Airi with a green top - Aiko Takamori
Middle, wearing a white top and with another girl's arms around her shoulders - Miria Akagi
Middle, with her arms around Miria - Kirari Moroboshi (I think)
Far back, the left of the two slide girls - Syoko Hoshi
Far back, the right of the two slide girls - Mio Honda
On the right with blonde hair - Rika Jougasaki
On the right with pink hair, behind Rika - Mika Jougasaki

In case it's unclear, the best of these characters is Syoko.
Airi Totoki was chosen, this list is perfect everything else is icing.

Kill Me Baby 07

MW9qGnC.jpg

Not sure that's correct...

There's both a culture festival and a sports festival in one episode? And they do the normal stuff like uh... holding their breath, drinking water and playing with an UFO. Sure.

Ojamajo Doremi - 1

So yeah, I can see that this show is less of a "battle to save the world" thing and more of a "help people's problems slice of life" thing. Which is why I offered Black Jack as per the watchbet.

As for how the magic system works, it's all right, I guess. If there's one little tidbit I kind of like about it, it's the fact that a split-second tune plays whenever a new sphere gets put in. It feels a bit, video-gamey there, like levelling up an item or something.

Though what I find hilarious is how excited the main character is to be a witch, even though somewhere far away in another universe, that means something completely different and much less appealing.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I remember enjoying Love Hina back in the day, only because it actually reached a conclusion.

Figures that the bar is set that low for haremshit.

Yeah, Love Hina at least reach conclusion. That's one of it's plus point.

Dawn of the planet of the Apes
Boy, that CG and make-up (?) sure is something. This is a good movie. Good directing, good soundtrack, nice action scene. Some questionable scene later on, but overall, it's a very enjoyable movie.

Necrovex

Yeah, Love Hina at least reach conclusion. That's one of it's plus point.

Dawn of the planet of the Apes
Boy, that CG and make-up (?) sure is something. This is a good movie. Good directing, good soundtrack, nice action scene. Some questionable scene later on, but overall, it's a very enjoyable movie.

I hate how 3D took precedence over the 2D animations. Though, CGI is certainly improving, since some of those people looked even...real.

everyone post ur twitterz so i can follow you

https://twitter.com/CureVylash
https://twitter.com/SliceSabre

Ojamajo Doremi - 1

So yeah, I can see that this show is less of a "battle to save the world" thing and more of a "help people's problems slice of life" thing. Which is why I offered Black Jack as per the watchbet.

As for how the magic system works, it's all right, I guess. If there's one little tidbit I kind of like about it, it's the fact that a split-second tune plays whenever a new sphere gets put in. It feels a bit, video-gamey there, like levelling up an item or something.

Though what I find hilarious is how excited the main character is to be a witch, even though somewhere far away in another universe, that means something completely different and much less appealing.
Gonna fire this up after work Your impression gives me hope I won't have to give up my life to YuuYuu.

Puchimas S2 25-27

Looks like Kung-Fu Master. I played that on the Atari 7800 :p

So, it wasn't just for fun and games they went to the remote island then, but to do some training.

I like the new ED better than the first one, and there's music that sounds like the Inspector Gadget theme as well.

mankoto

Kingdom 31
So the enemy army took advantage of Pang's ambush and are going all in to finish the job... Or at least assist him in it. Although leave it to Xin once again to come up an idea that'll get through Pang's one man army stature

Kokoro Connect 07-10

Continues to be great. This kind of relationship drama that doesn't come from huge obliviousness and stupid misunderstandings but rather because relationships and humans are inherently complicated so that even if everyone involved tries their best a lot of issues are going to arise, that I love.

Kokoro Connect has all that and on top of it an interesting promise that spices it all up.

Meanwhile over at the NIsekoi author/writers:
"And... and then she confesses but... would you look at that, he's actually asleep! Hehe, so good."

Cowboy Bebop 7-8
Well that was depressing. I guess at the end he managed to get what he wanted the most for her.
I guess episode 7 felt like a filler episode. But even that managed to be good.

everyone post ur twitterz so i can follow you

https://twitter.com/CureVylash

https://twitter.com/SliceSabre

Gonna fire this up after work Your impression gives me hope I won't have to give up my life to YuuYuu.

Yeah I pretty sure that's the case. I don't see why somebody would start with the mango first.

https://twitter.com/Mokoi8

Just registered on twitter , i plan to write in english so i added all the one above !
it's my first time but i plan to keep it updated

Here it is:
https://twitter.com/R_thanatos972

Now to choose the right picture for the profile .....

mankoto

Kingdom 32
Pang untimely came in, wrecked shit and when things got chaotic he left. Qin's 4th army took a serious blow. Xin himself losing half of his troops and a dear friend.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ojamajo Doremi - 1

There's an absolutely undeniable product placement side to Doremi. Those are toy sounds. When you buy it, that's what you can expect from it.

Now, this show is one of the best at taking such orders from above as a given and then making a good show out of it anyway, but it's definitely there.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I hate how 3D took precedence over the 2D animations. Though, CGI is certainly improving, since some of those people looked even...real.

If only most 3D anime can look like guilty gear xrd, i'll be happy
I'd still love me some 2D anime though. Can't have enough of Yuasa!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
https://twitter.com/psychopass_tv/statuses/494498356626849793

Bad news for the 2 (3?) people here who are actually watching the Psycho-Pass Extended Edition: They won't be broadcasting episode 4 this week, so it probably won't be simulcast either. The reason is due to "unsuitable content", which is quite understandable, given the recent schoolgirl murder case in Japan. :p

So basically the next episode is going to look like Tokyo Ghoul then.

sonicmj1

Ojamajo Doremi 3

A transfer student moves in from Osaka, and becomes Doremi's friend.

Aiko is the opposite of Hazuki in a lot of ways. While Hazuki is polite and bookish, Aiko is sporty, quick-witted, and sometimes casually hurtful in her honesty. She also speaks Kansai-ben, instantly making her the coolest character in the show.

It would have been easy for the show to leave her characterization there, make the episode something about Doremi using magic to try and get back at her or something, and end up with them being friends. But instead they become friends relatively quickly, and as with Hazuki, the story is centered around Aiko's family. By the end, we have a very well-rounded picture of a girl growing up in a single-parent household, and her devoted and exhausted father working his ass off to provide a good life for his daughter.

By the end of three episodes, I feel like I know all three of these characters very well. They're not just bundles of personality traits. They also have homes, families, and insecurities. That makes them feel so much more human than they otherwise might.

Ojamajo Doremi - 1

I'm fairly certain that the disk thing and the wand are real-life toys.

mankoto

https://twitter.com/psychopass_tv/statuses/494498356626849793

Bad news for the 2 (3?) people here who are actually watching the Psycho-Pass Extended Edition: They won't be broadcasting episode 4 this week, so it probably won't be simulcast either. The reason is due to "unsuitable content", which is quite understandable, given the recent schoolgirl murder case in Japan. :p
If anything, that gives me more time to catch up. Finding time to watch them is pretty hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom