• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol Arcadius.

Yeah, Fate-kaleid liner Prisma Illya is pretty good, I was going to dismiss it as a fanservice trash anime but it's actually super good and just a joy to watch.

Kenstar

lol Arcadius.

Yeah, Fate-kaleid liner Prisma Illya is pretty good, I was going to dismiss it as a fanservice trash anime but it's actually super good and just a joy to watch.

That's been my justification for never getting around to it

Will I have to re-evaluate my views? I'm pretty sure that's against the constitution, God, Guns and Gut-Feelings

I recall a chart of show budgets going around at one point way back. SEED Destiny is actually one of the most expensive TV anime ever produced. When you're making a sequel to a super successful series, expect to break the bank to sign new contracts for the major players, even if the animators don't get a dime more. :)

I guess that explains a lot if that's where all the money went.

Will I have to re-evaluate my views? I'm pretty sure that's against the constitution, God, Guns and Gut-Feelings

It has fanservice, there's no question about that, but it's a darn good show if you're into Fate and magical girl stuff. I really like how the anime wastes no time in pointless stuff and there's few but meaningful battles.

It's also super amusing, the newest season has had me laughing like crazy.

It also helps that the anime has a stellar cast of Voice Actors.

Kyoani next TV show is here.
http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/books/phantom/

yOyjwwp.png

kewlmyc

Any recommendations for a fun space adventure like Outlaw star? I've watched quite a bit of anime but need something with a bit of style, comedy and action.

I've only watched a couple of shows these past couple of years so not sure of whats out there in the sci fi genre.

Cajun mentioned it but I would recommend Nadesico as well. Definitely fits the criteria you laid out.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Hint: Prisma-Illya totally is fanservice trash

Yu-Gi-Oh! Episode 6
CMXudEWUwAAL6X4.jpg:large

Finally CR added five more episodes. Jonouichi makes the best faces when hes shocked. I kind of wish he was better but well at least this meant that in the games he was insanely easy to beat. Always train my new decks against him in Legacy of the Duelist.

Any all these field and time effects, these rules are so silly now. No polymeration for Thousand Dragon forexample.

Arcadius

Banned
Do you watch Symphogear? If not, you should.

It's on the list of things to watch =).

lol Arcadius.

Just meeting expectations I hope =)!

You're saying it's better than Fate/Zero? Those are some serious words. Are you positive? I don't believe you.

*Giggle* Only one way to find out for yourself Kewl!

Yoru no yatterman 01 - 02

WHAT IS THIS show trying to convey ?

Something serious ? something not serious ?

I don't understand the point of this show

jonjonaug

After making hit anime "girls playing in band", it seems Kyoani is moving on to make new anime "male main character who is in high school in a modern fantasy setting with lots of girls around him".

You're saying it's better than Fate/Zero? Those are some serious words. Are you positive? I don't believe you.

Only if you're a lolicon.

Cornbread78

Damn right. Fucking Maeda.

Uggh, still recovering from last week, tomorrow is gonna be hell from that preview..

Mirai Nikki ep. 10-14:
Holy $hit Yuna is a psycho bit(h to the max. That last episode and all the reveals from the
bodies at her house mom, dad, who was the third? a sibling? an old lover? She literally abducted Yukii with drugs
but hey, at least all she had on was a bra and panties right? That was sooo nice of her to be such a great lover. This whole thing is insane.

My question is, how do they keep adding new diary owners?

Non Non Biyori Repeat ep.1
It's so damn amazing how comfy and cute this anime is. I know it was discussed a lot before but I love how they are basically filling in gaps from S1 and you find out more things abotu the characters like the recorder and backpack for Renge. The tone is unbelieveable for this one, especially after watching 4 episodes of Mirai Nikki...

javac

Some new artwork:
MVM Entertainment Q4 Releases:
Outbreak Company: Complete Collection
Release Date: 12th October 2015
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 2.0 / Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0
Subtitles: English
Run Time: 300 min
Format: DVD
Kl0jhS4.jpg

Flowers of Evil: Complete Collection
Release Date: 2nd November 2015
Audio: Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0
Run Time: 325 min
oX1g9uE.jpg

Maid Sama!: Part 1
Release Date: 16th November 2015
Audio: Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0
pJLhdvW.jpg

The Eccentric Family
Release Date: 23rd November 2015
Audio: Japanese: LPCM 2.0
Run Time: 307 min
Format: BD
KQ73kGW.jpg

Rozen Maiden Zuruckspulen: Complete Collection
Release Date: October 5th 2015
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 2.0 / Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0
fkqIdYB.jpg

Arcadius

Banned
Some new artwork:

I've heard about Outbreak company a lot lately, that art... sold.... so going to watch the Moe invader.

In-fact, all those anime's shown look pretty amazing...... except for Flowers of Evil, would need impressions before watching that.

Yoru no yatterman 03 - 04

I now understand the tone of this show.

I like the premise , but while the animation is really good , i'm not sure what's the show message.

I guess i need to continue watching it.

You should have understood that this place suck and is certainly not heaven the instant you put your foot in. Does those desolate lands looks like heaven to you ?

Yoru no yatterman 03 - 04

I now understand the tone of this show.

I like the premise , but while the animation is really good , i'm not sure what's the show message.

I guess i need to continue watching it.

You should have understood that this place suck and is certainly not heaven the instant you put your foot in. Does those desolate lands looks like heaven to you ?

Yoru no Yatterman lacks any kind of direction and fails to go anywhere, lower your expectations.

It still has one of the best first episodes ever.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Was the OVA a substantial dip in quality? I know it was done by a different team, but I imagined it was still decent.
My review was extremely tongue in cheek because I assumed most would assume my review would be totally positive so I made it extremely negative. However, I do feel the OVA format didn't suit YrYr. It basically meant scenes were stretched out so if they didn't work you were left waiting whereas in the TV show they would have moved on. Also since it was an OVA is was very fan servicey (not that kind of fan service you lewd individuals) so it relied a lot of fan favourite jokes rather than original content.

That and the opening was based on a funny chapter in the original manga (one I incidentally bought in Japan) but removed the best line. Unforgivable.

Jintor

umaru 06

man kirie is so great. and so unbelievably awkward. i love it.

umaru herself is also pretty adorable.

i need scissors 61

javac

I've heard about Outbreak company a lot lately, that art... sold.... so going to watch the Moe invader.

In-fact, all those anime's shown look pretty amazing...... except for Flowers of Evil, would need impressions before watching that.

You're tastes are different to mine, that's fine. I'm the exact opposite, none of those appeal to me, which is also fine! For what it's worth, Flowers of Evil is probably one of the best anime series I've ever had the pleasure of watching. It has some of the best use of audio and music in a series. The pacing is sublime with each scene taking just as long as it needs in order to bring out the best performance of each character and it goes without saying that I think the animation is fantastic although I know a lot of people don't like the rotoscoped animation which is a damn shame. The characters are incredible and the animation works amazingly well with bringing out the performances of the voice cast due to the facial expressions. A really intense show that had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I wouldn't say that everyone should watch it since it requires a level of concentration and investment most series don't, buuuuuut everyone should watch it. Too bad it's DVD only! MVM!!
OFzQ7bH.gif

Arcadius

Banned
You're tastes are different to mine, that's fine. I'm the exact opposite, none of those appeal to me, which is also fine! For what it's worth, Flowers of Evil is probably one of the best anime series I've ever had the pleasure of watching. It has some of the best use of audio and music in a series. The pacing is sublime with each scene taking just as long as it needs to bring out the the best performance of each character and it goes without saying that I think the animation is fantastic although I know a lot of people don't like the rotoscoped animation which is a damn shame. The characters are incredible and the animation works amazingly well with bringing out the performances of the voice cast due to the facial expressions. A really intense show that had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I wouldn't say that everyone should watch it since it requires a level of concentration and investment most series don't, buuuuuut everyone should watch it. Too bad it's DVD only! MVM!!
OFzQ7bH.gif

My tastes are by far still expanding and growing, though it's pretty obvious I like specific things =). I'll take a look into it, with such praise it's on the list of things to watch now, thanks.

Yoru no Yatterman lacks any kind of direction and fails to go anywhere, lower your expectations.

It still has one of the best first episodes ever.
I'm expecting them to at least succeed in their main goal

Otherwise i'll write a VERY HARSH review of this show.

---------------------------
Yoru no yatterman - 05

If i hadn't seen something even more ridiculous in witcher 3 i would probably had more fun watching this episode .

Witcher 3 > yoru no yatterman

Cornbread78

Is that the imouto from Charlotte?

Outbreak company was really good (awesome maid) however, it is still lacking a 2nd season to at least attempt an ending...

JulianImp

No need to re-evaluate your views. I watched a bit of S1, dropped it, then a bit of S2 and found some ridiculously blatant loli yuri fanservice starting with S2E2. Even having watched Fate/Zero and the latest UBW adaptation, it only seemed like a generic magical girl show with Fate elements thrown in, including mana sharing through
the exchange of bodily fluids (limited to kissing, from what I saw).

I don't get instantly put off by fanservice, but I've got to say that Illya takes it way too far by focusing so much on lolicon.

jonjonaug

Flowers of Evil is a very "love it or hate it" sort of affair. The pacing is glacial and the animation is weird as hell (the entire show is rotoscoped), but the story and characters are great and the anime really nails a few key scenes from the manga.

Sterok

Aikatsu the Movie

Starting off with a bang with Starlight's brightest and greatest. Plus Akari. May be the last time Kaede is on stage for a long while. Possibly Otome and Yurika too. The Starmiya Festival? That's what the movie was about? But we first heard about it during the show. Interesting way to go about it I admit. So it's going to take a movie for Ichigo to finally dethrone Mizuki. Powa Powa Puririn is still the best unit. Kaede continues to steal the spotlight. Hah at Yurika getting accounting. CG dancing in their uniforms was cool.

Mizuki retiring doesn't shock me. I got the impression that she wanted to be surpassed so that she would have an excuse to get out of the spotlight. That sort of pressure would just get tiring after years and years, especially since she doesn't have as big a support group as Ichigo. Ichigo wants to declare her love for Mizuki. Aoi and Seira must be fuming from the inside. Mizuki just wants to screw around though. Bungee jumping is an interesting way for Akari to meet Mizuki.

Mikuru appearance. Hikari still exists. Dream Academy is participating after all. I was starting to wonder if the show was hoping we'd forget about them, seeing how Noelle appeared before any of them in season 3. Parachuting does have practical applications after all. Did Kaede just drag parachutes with her just because? Shion did good work with her drama. Props to Ran and Sora for improv acting. When did Maria become a detective? Of course it ends with Ichigo, Mizuki, and Akari. It was all about them. Nice to see almost all the main idols together. Except Mikuru. Why is she still number 4 in the rankings? She's been gone for months. Lol at Shion pretending to be as important as those who actually get to dance. Ichigo finally surpasses Mizuki. Finally. And of course Mizuki doesn't retire after all.

Overall, a pretty good movie that's the culmination of what Aikatsu is. It could've been a series finale honestly, but Akari still has her story, and there are still toys to sell, so the show must go on. I liked it, and it seems to serve well as a grand finale for Ichigo and Mizuki. It's time for Aikatsu to move on from them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom