• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mailbox

I think it's time i got a new gaf avatar.

What character should use? (I have a lot made, and I haven't drawn in a while so i wanna get back into doing that)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Can't believe narag would go this far to try and get the number one posting position.

A toast to all those who fell in the night.

Razmos

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Manga END

member.php
member.php
member.php

szs2fvaz3.png

This certainly didn't turn out as I expected it to. D :
hehehe

...What happened here?

tumblr_mkl8psUvQu1r8294ko1_500.gif

A pair of Justice came along, the Fire Moderators.

Stop? Lenka has all the makings of 2nd best character design of this year after Yuu in Seraph of the End. That scene of Lenka walking all epically, and getting dressed or sporting just his upper body from coming back from battle, or his outfit as he swings that huge sword, are all great. I dont think he is generic, he doesnt have the "ill fight for my friends" mentality, at least openly, and I cant remember every having a bright smile like Yuu or Eren, etc.

Yeah, I love him too, especially with that little cape of his.

Hey, which character would you say has the best design of all time, the best male and female? I'm genuinely interested.

Articalys

um
well something certainly happened here
fake edit: a post from Seda over at the Toonami thread helped explain what happened, for anyone else showing up late to the incident
I feel something similar happened with another poster a long time ago, but that's neither here nor there for discussion at the moment

wonzo

Banned
honestly i'd prefer a character with more complexity in cloths and hair.

just an fyi i wanna make a avi from scratch in this style that i've been doing:
jadF5cBl.png

tYy3evHm.png
imo she has the most iconic forehead in art history. might work weel with that kinda style tho so

mayb akio from utena?

kewlmyc

I'm not surprised Cajun get what it was coming to him. His love for cuteness is always borderline pedo.

Can we just drop the subject at this point?

GANGSTA 06

Alex has some problems that she definitely needs to take care of. Feel bad for her. I'm interested in where this backstory is going with Worick and Nic. I wasn't expecting a muli episode flashback.

Saudades

I just left for 2 hours, what happened? Who got banned, Arcadius?
When I saw wonzo's post about Arcadius' twitter page I was reminded of cnet. Didn't think he'd end the same way so quickly.
i guess i'll give the tv series a try this time, and see if it impresses me more than the ova
Did you see my post/reply? It got pushed to the bottom of last page due to some posts being deleted. Just hoping you'll give the Patlabor movie timeline (OVA & the 2 films) another chance, it's one of my favorite things ever with a really endearing cast.

Umaruchan 02

The direction works against the intent at the beginning of the episode. Slow camera pans bottom to top of Ebina appears to be Onii-chan checking her out. However my impression from their dialogue is that he is completely disinterested and Ebina is infatuated. More female-gaze camera pans pls.

Ebina's backstory was well done and it's completely understandable that she would become attracted to the first person to treat her as a human being when the entire trip to Tokyo she felt almost alien. I really hope Umaru gets some development as she is still insufferable.

wonzo

Banned
Umaruchan 02

The direction works against the intent at the beginning of the episode. Slow camera pans bottom to top of Ebina appears to be Onii-chan checking her out. However my impression from their dialogue is that he is completely disinterested and Ebina is infatuated. More female-gaze camera pans pls.

Ebina's backstory was well done and it's completely understandable that she would become attracted to the first person to treat her as a human being when the entire trip to Tokyo she felt almost alien. I really hope Umaru gets some development as she is still insufferable.
They've done a much better job in eps 3 and beyond with showing Umaru's good side.

Jintor

Umaruchan 02

They've done a much better job in eps 3 and beyond with showing Umaru's good side.

I agree, but there's something about the anime format that is really making it harder to empathise with Umaru the way you can in the manga (I think it just feels more apparent that everybody fawns over her in the anime than in the manga for some reason)

RIP cajun, will be missed here :<

wonzo

Banned
I agree, but there's something about the anime format that is really making it harder to empathise with Umaru the way you can in the manga (I think it just feels more apparent that everybody fawns over her in the anime than in the manga for some reason)
well, the manga's much quicker to read so it's much easier to brush that stuff to the side

Jintor

to be fair, kirie's incredible awkwardness is also about 50% funnier in the anime than in the manga, so it's all swings and roundabouts i guess

wonzo

Banned
to be fair, kirie's incredible awkwardness is also about 50% funnier in the anime than in the manga, so it's all swings and roundabouts i guess
Yeah, the visual gags (the BEST thing about the series) work much better animated. Damn good adaptation.

phaze

holy shit. Might have to watch this. Was the first Garo any good?

Found it poor and dropped it quickly but I remember generally positive feedback from people who stayed with it.

BTW, is anybody aware of what happened to Midonin ? He kinda vanished from this thread a good while ago.

So the inevitable finally happened, huh? Even if common sense failed you before, it should be so very easy to avoid endorsing the pedophile bits in shows such as TLR, why would you keep at it when it's been made abundantly clear it's not tolerated here. Those who call this shit out are certainly not the ones to take any blame, in fact, if there was no one doing so you'd have an easy justification to shut down the entire AnimeGAF community at once.

Dunno just how heated stuff got with some posts removed but let's hope that won't be necessary again.

edit: Damn, didn't know it was several perma bans even. :( RIP

---

Now, concerning Urusei Yatsura. I've watched the first 6 episodes and it made an initially good impression but I've already gotten somewhat bored by the episodic nature and the 'banter' between Ataru, Shinobu and Lum is already kind of getting on my nerves.

Some of you mentioned something changes after the initial 20 episodes and I wonder if that would actually keep me entertained then. Otherwise I'm not really keen on continuing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom