• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puruzi

Banned
Monster Musume 7

k1yn6Ey.jpg
F4LWCLu.jpg
8dqayRc.jpg
iJrs5cQ.jpg
hR7YLQi.jpg
HAVy7RM.jpg
ABFIDYC.jpg
2mo8WSa.jpg
vMVyJnm.jpg
bQSVQe2.jpg

Rachnee is wonderful. Sexual demon. Suu's still best girl, but Rach is pretty damn close. Tio and Doppel are best MON. Manako a cute.
Zombina is only aight sorry Aqua

Liked the ED being the OP and the OP being the ED, that was neat.

THE LARGE BROWN CYCLOPS I NEED

Yes we get another UtaPri theater event, Bloody Shadows with Ai Mikaze, Jingunji Ren, and Masato Hijirikawa. I cant wait to hear how they sound together. Best part of UtaPri is always the varied songs of multiple members.
CMp20xcUEAA4zNa.jpg:large

Overlord - 07

Whoever is in charge of the soundtrack has done a great job. Not only with the sound itself, which ranges from soothingly beautiful with the hilltop scene, to chanting majestic into lighthearted goofy, but also the use of timing in scenes and transitions, like the King scene for example.

TheRancor

I was just talking about this with duckroll. He suggested that it might be a deliberate artistic decision to use clean, sterile art to reflect the nature of Harmony's world - though even if that were the case, I think there would have been a way to do that without looking so bland. The art design, the character art, the layouts - it all looks to be on the level of a mediocre TV show instead of a cinematic production. The last time I remember seeing a film so bland-looking was Aura, and that featured a much weaker production team than Nakamura/Arias/4C. Plus the release dates of the Project Itoh films has been reshuffled - originally they were going to come out in order of original novel release, but now Empire of Corpses has been pulled to the top so that Harmony will be the last released, possibly indicating some production problems going on at Studio 4C. I do think Harmony will ultimately end up being successful in a storytelling sense, but the whole situation is baffling.
Yeah the idea that a totalitarian utopia would feel clean and unblemished is fitting, it's unfortunate the execution of the art as seen so far seems uninspired and weak along with really questionable CG, as you said, it doesn't feel like a movie tier production. I hope there are enough redeemable aspects to make it worth watching if the visual side of things don't follow through. Mildly amusing that Wit and Manglobe with their recent production misfires might produce better looking work.

javac

Thanks Javac. Going to get Good Luck Girl, One Piece Collection and Fairy Tail Collection.

No problem :)
The Noein artwork looks nice, same artwork as the Japanese Blu-ray set. I've looked at the series over the years but the UK DVD box art always put me off. No idea which one is more indicative of the series itself, but the Funimation artwork looks nice. Will I check the series out? I don't think so.

The Eccentric Family 02

These dickhead twins remind me of the dickhead twins from VOTOMS who remind me of the dickhead twins from Superjail. So fuck 'em.

I'm still not sold on this show but it seemed to be well received when it came out so I will keep going.

javac

Don't you just love it when you're reading some review and the fucker decides to unceremoniously name drop some other random, unrelated anime and spoil it without warning. Fuck you guy, I hope you slip and graze your knee T_T

Squalor

Don't you just love it when you're reading some review and the fucker decides to unceremoniously name drop some other random, unrelated anime and spoil it without warning. Fuck you guy, I hope you slip and graze your knee T_T
What was it?

Narag

It's not a big deal. If it was the unwatched anime would be a priority over other things.

Razmos

Finally caught up with Durarara, and I can safely say that I'm enjoying this arc far more than the first of this season.

I thought that about the first season also, The Saika/Slasher arc was far more interesting than the first arc.

Around episode 7 I thought they had a hit a real sweet spot with the amount of characters getting coverage, and how they were all involved in the plot.
Then came the end of the episode with Izaya having a goddamn ARMY. what the hell. Who are these people? obviously we know 3 of them, the stalker, the girl he formed a suicide pact with, and the girl at the Dojo.

But who are the rest? the guy with the long blue scarf, the 3 biker girls, the girl with the glowing red eyes (another Vampire like Ruri?) and probably more that i'm forgetting.

It looks like the next episode is going to introduce even MORE characters, jeez.

Monster Musume 07

Man, the music was spot on in this episode, from the switched ED and OP till the MON theme being weaved through the background music, it shows that they makers actually care about this show, really great adaptation.

MON is GOAT, I really loved how some of their powers got used during the first half of the episode, especially Zombina's selfharming strategies. Rachnee is also a solid addation to the cast, definitely better than average.

Interested to see how this show is going to play out now that we aren't held back by the promise of new characters.

Joe Molotov

You were never gonna watch that show anyway, stop fooling yourself.

javac

What was it?
It was a spoiler for Megazone 23. It could be worse, but I was still excited to watch it. In any case, its the fact that the person did it that (mildly) annoys me.

It's not a big deal. If it was the unwatched anime would be a priority over other things.
I was waiting for the Blu-ray damn it! :p

In regards to spoilers, I try to avoid spoilers as much as I can, so much as trying to avoid knowing if a show has more than one OP/ED, avoiding plot synopses, music samples, artwork etc. However I will admit that I can sometimes become lax and silly, going into a thread named "Sad moments in anime" on /a/, tempting fate before seeing a screen of a show I wanted to watch, welp better close this tab.

I've seen shows and movies that I thought I had previously spoiled only to realize that (shock! horror!) there's more to the movie/show than that one tiny morsel of information. The script, the art, the music, the journey are important as well as context. Something that seems spoilery might actually be a part of the intro. And again, knowing something in advance might make for an interesting viewing, and sometimes again in context that spoiler is inconsequential. Having said that, it can still be annoying.

You were never gonna watch that show anyway, stop fooling yourself.
Erm...yes I was, and I still am. Wtf, weird comment.

Puruzi

Banned
Monster Musume 07

Man, the music was spot on in this episode, from the switched ED and OP till the MON theme being weaved through the background music, it shows that they makers actually care about this show, really great adaptation.

MON is GOAT, I really loved how some of their powers got used during the first half of the episode, especially Zombina's selfharming strategies. Rachnee is also a solid addation to the cast, definitely better than average.

Interested to see how this show is going to play out now that we aren't held back by the promise of new characters.

There's one more main girl later on actually.

Monster Musume 7

I'm here to represent best girl Zombina and her best group MON.

kouG3hs.jpg

Undeniably the best girl duel wielding guns.

Damn I'm just loving Zombina's voice, it has that delinquent tomboy kind of voice. They really did a great job in voice casting with the other MON as well. Doppel sounds great. I loved how they switched the ED with the Opening. Today's episode has been my favorite so far.

I'm guessing that if Zombina has a subspecies it would be...
Zombie Subspecies
Lich
Vampire
Ghoul

We definitely need a MON spinoff.

PK Gaming

Oregairu 7-9

I can talk about how that scene with sensei from episode 8 was legitimately poignant

Or I can talk about the noticeable character development undergone by Hachiman and the legitimate strides he's taken to become a better person

Or how about Komachi's Hachiman impression? Pretty spot on.

Or this

Or even Hayama's brutal shutdown of Iroha

But nah, the main thing worth talking about was this

That was probably the single greatest moment in the anime for me.

kewlmyc

Oregairu 7-9

I can talk about how that scene with sensei from episode 8 was legitimately poignant

Or I can talk about the noticeable character development undergone by Hachiman and the legitimate strides he's taken to become a better person

Or this

Nice avatar change. Hachiman's probably my favorite romantic comedy lead in any medium.

Cornbread78

Oregairu 7-9

Or this

Man, the sensei and "confession" scenes were great, but wait till you hit up the last two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom