• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summon Night 6 Trailor Oct 10 release date

Strings

Great game. Sadly, might be the last Summon Night title seeing as it performed significantly worse than 1-4, and even 5 :(

A real shame, it's one of my favourite universes.

cj_iwakura

Looks like he left the VA out of this trailer.

Spoiler: what I heard was the worst work Working Designs has ever done, and that saddens me. I've never heard a bad WD dub until now, and some of these people sounded straight up awful.

Hopefully it's back to CoH3 now.

Until Vic has something on Twitter, gaijinworks or here I’m not trusting a date.

I have no dog in the VA hunt, I am getting the WE on Vita so chances are I’ll only here music/VA sporadically when the wife is asleep.

I’m still all the way in and have already paid for my copy, endless waiting is par. Hell the wait back in the day for Arc the Lad collection and Growlanser Generations were insane

cj_iwakura

Until Vic has something on Twitter, gaijinworks or here I’m not trusting a date.

I have no dog in the VA hunt, I am getting the WE on Vita so chances are I’ll only here music/VA sporadically when the wife is asleep.

I’m still all the way in and have already paid for my copy, endless waiting is par. Hell the wait back in the day for Arc the Lad collection and Growlanser Generations were insane

The GW website seems to suggest it's cleared QA, can't imagine there's much of a holdup now. It's been ready to go for a while.

For those of us who have only been aware of the series but never tried it, is 6 a good point to jump in? I probably wouldn't pick it up day 1 (2017 is slammed) but SRPGs are my jam and I've been meaning to try one of these.

Gaijinworks has been really awful at getting the word out on when this game is coming out, but the timing kind of sucks. I didn't think SN5 was all that great and this is coming out in a really crowded time.

cj_iwakura

Gaijinworks has been really awful at getting the word out on when this game is coming out, but the timing kind of sucks. I didn't think SN5 was all that great and this is coming out in a really crowded time.

And to think Vic 'hired a marketing guy'. I hope he isn't paying him much.

For those of us who have only been aware of the series but never tried it, is 6 a good point to jump in? I probably wouldn't pick it up day 1 (2017 is slammed) but SRPGs are my jam and I've been meaning to try one of these.
I mean, no? It's a huge fan servicey jumble of characters throughout the series and to get the most out of it you need to have played every entry.
But we've only had one localized so that's not feasible for most, and it's a pretty decent SRPG in its own right so playing 5 then this will do you alright.

I mean, no? It's a huge fan servicey jumble of characters throughout the series and to get the most out of it you need to have played every entry.
But we've only had one localized so that's not feasible for most, and it's a pretty decent SRPG in its own right so playing 5 then this will do you alright.

I thought 5 was great, personally. It didn't do anything new but I enjoyed the art and character interactions.

I wouldn't put to much stock in the placeholders. Sony's The Drop announced it for release that week once before (I assume someone forgot to pass along it was delayed to that team).

Gaijinworks have yet to announce a release date. Should be soon though according to their twitter.

I hope Gio Corsi sends help to get these guys on track. I wonder if anyone from Gajinworks has contacted Sony? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere before he has helped small third parties like this before.

Saphirax

I hope Gio Corsi sends help to get these guys on track. I wonder if anyone from Gajinworks has contacted Sony? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere before he has helped small third parties like this before.

Nothing Gio can do. It’s all on Gaijinworks. Should be smooth sailing now that the game passed QA.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Preordered this on a whim back in September, but I'm honestly considering using that money elsewhere for now and picking the game up digitally sometime next year. The uncertainty around the release date is unfortunate and I have an embarrassingly large backlog to deal with this year anyway.

As someone who's never heard of the series before, I'm impressed that I just watched that trailer showing gameplay and yet I've come away from it still completely baffled as to if it's real time with time-stopping summons/magic ala secret of mana or turn based with random real-time overworld stuff and/or minigames like the mario & luigi games / persona titles :p

Alec

Has the last call email been sent out? My address has changed since I've bought the W.E.

Alric

Checking out more videos it looks fun. A good addition for my vita, anyone who has played any of the other games or even the japanese version know if it's a decent game?

As someone who's never heard of the series before, I'm impressed that I just watched that trailer showing gameplay and yet I've come away from it still completely baffled as to if it's real time with time-stopping summons/magic ala secret of mana or turn based with random real-time overworld stuff and/or minigames like the mario & luigi games / persona titles :p

The series has always been turn based.

I ordered the special edition and I'm actually glad this hasn't come out yet... because my backlog is getting bigger and bigger.

It totally sucks for anyone who's being waiting for this game to come out though.

hongcha

Checking out more videos it looks fun. A good addition for my vita, anyone who has played any of the other games or even the japanese version know if it's a decent game?

I played the JP Vita version. It's a mediocre to decent game. Nothing special.

Top Bottom