• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sun clothes

Mistake

So guys, my life is quickly changing and I will most likely move to a hotter climate. Problem is, I’m kind of pale and burn somewhat easy. Instead of dunking myself in a tub of sun block every day, what do you recommend for long clothes? I don’t want to convert to Islam, so that option is out

I randomly remember being told years ago to wear black rather than white you keep cool in very hot weather

Probably mumbo jumbo, but mini emo/goth me didn't mind, everything i owned was black anyway!

Mistake

I randomly remember being told years ago to wear black rather than white you keep cool in very hot weather

Probably mumbo jumbo, but mini emo/goth me didn't mind, everything i owned was black anyway!
Yeah I read something about thread counts and how you can get burned without actually appearing it because of the wavelengths that get through. I’m not entirely sure

Yeah I read something about thread counts and how you can get burned without actually appearing it because of the wavelengths that get through. I’m not entirely sure
It was my old history teacher. He claimed to have served in the armed forces in various hot environments, and took after the locals, wearing black loose fitting stuff

I honestly though he was just pretending to be Lawrence of Arabia as he never proved he was in the army or had gone anywhere exciting

Maybe he was black ops and couldnt talk about it lol

Last edited:

badblue

A jockstrap and a gold necklace are all any man needs
iu

Lasha

My coworker swears by Columbia long sleeve shirts and button ups that have a 50 spf rating on the cloth

Pretty much the same in SG. I wear jeans and long sleeve shirts with an undershirt year round. Anything to block the equatorial sun. tropical versions of clothes that block the sun without trapping too much heat.

GeekyDad

I just bought a very light pair of walking pants. A lot lighter than I was anticipating. Think they will be quite cool.

But growing up in Miami, I would say that more than likely, if you acclimate yourself slowly to being out in the sun, your body should get used to it after a year or so. Just don't overdo it at first. I don't recommend not wearing a t-shirt when at the beach (and not staying there for more than an hour or two at a time). If you didn't grow up in that type of heat, it can be insanely punishing to not take care.

I’m kind of pale and burn somewhat easy.
No homo, but pale skin is my primary fetish. I’ve always wondered if fair skinned people are terrible at hiding their feelings, as you can see the blood rushing through their body whenever they’re startled. Also, what’s Islam got to do with anything? There are plenty of other religious people who live in hot climates.

Mistake

No homo, but pale skin is my primary fetish. I’ve always wondered if fair skinned people are terrible at hiding their feelings, as you can see the blood rushing through their body whenever they’re startled. Also, what’s Islam got to do with anything? There are plenty of other religious people who live in hot climates.
One of mine too actually. I’m not as super pale as some people I’ve seen, just an average guy lacking sun. My forearms have gotten darker from exposure over the years, so I’m sure it’s possible for me to adjust, but I’d rather be careful about it. Last part was a joke

Banned
it just dawned (hehehe) on me that noone made this joke yet... so here I am, making the joke...

ready?

Code:
⡠⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀
⢸⣀⠜⢄⡀⠀⠰⣶⣤⣀⠀⠀⣠⠔⠚⢛⣛⣦⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡐⠉⠉⢶⠄
⠈⢅⠀⡈⠱⣄⠀⠈⠛⠻⢷⡎⡡⣶⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣴⣯⣝⣲⠊⠀
⠀⠀⠠⢅⢀⡎⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⢿⡰⠊⠁⠀⠸⡼⡏⣇⠀⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⡏⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠈⢻⣾⣿⣿⣷⣤⣀⣼⣧⡀⠀⣠⠴⣗⣳⣼⣄⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⠟⠀ 
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⠏⢹⠁⠀⡟⢹⢿⣿⣿⣿⡟⠀⠀  
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠦⢅⣀⣨⣤⠴⡞⣿⣿⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠈⠲⢦⡾⣛⣾⣁⣸⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡍⡿⠟⢻⡔⠚⠚⣷⣼⣾⠉⢹⠃⠀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢱⣷⠀⠀⢧⠀⠸⠋⠸⠌⠃⢸⠀⢰⣿⠃⠀⠀⠀ 
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣧⠀⣸⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣶⣾⣤⣿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢻⣿⣿⠿⠿⠿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣾⠃⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⣿⠿⠏⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢹⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠂⠁⠀⠀⢿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣇⢸⣤⣼⣀⣄⣀⡀⡀⢀⣀⡸⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⠟⠉⠙⡿⠋⢹⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣅⣀⣀⣤⡷⠶⡿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⢸⠃⣸⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣷⠀⠀⠀⣿⢠⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⡄⠀⢰⣇⣸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡟⠛⠛⢯⡉⢳⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠳⠤⠤⠬⠏⠉⠀⠀⠀

owoJlMfl.jpg

Last edited:

Synless

How hot are we talking? I lived in South Carolina for many years and I found the best mix is a cotton/poly mix. Higher cotton count for sure, I think 60-40 is a good blend. key here is breathability and fabric the wicks moisture.

Chittagong

Gold Member
So guys, my life is quickly changing and I will most likely move to a hotter climate. Problem is, I’m kind of pale and burn somewhat easy. Instead of dunking myself in a tub of sun block every day, what do you recommend for long clothes? I don’t want to convert to Islam, so that option is out

This shirt is magical. I live most of the year in tropics and it’s my go-to for work and leisure. Ultra thin, super comfy, comes in half a dozen colours. Tucked for office, untucked for party.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
How hot are we talking? I lived in South Carolina for many years and I found the best mix is a cotton/poly mix. Higher cotton count for sure, I think 60-40 is a good blend. key here is breathability and fabric the wicks moisture.
Polyster is made from plastic and doesn't breathe it traps moisture and heat. It's honestly not a good choice for hot weather or any weather really.

Synless

Polyster is made from plastic and doesn't breathe it traps moisture and heat. It's honestly not a good choice for hot weather or any weather really.
100% correct. But a mostly cotton blend gives you that breathable fabric but also some water expelling properties as well so your clothes dont stay wet long when sweating. I just checked a handful of my shirts 70% cotton, 5% spandex, 25% poly.

Tams

This shirt is magical. I live most of the year in tropics and it’s my go-to for work and leisure. Ultra thin, super comfy, comes in half a dozen colours. Tucked for office, untucked for party.

£165 per shirt for one that's not at least tailored?!

Dr.Morris79

S0N6YI1.gif

FunkMiller

I find a decent t-shirt, cargo shorts and a wide brimmed hat does the trick... with factor 50+ on my arms, legs and face. And that's in the skin cancer capital of the world, Queensland.

Last edited:

Blade2.0

https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...cPiiPj-AhWYT6QEHRYfCd4Q9aACKAB6BAgDEBY&adurl=

I always liked wearing these bike sleeves so that I can take them off when indoors. and you can get some that look like tattoos, so that's kind of cool. I also like those pants that can unzip into shorts for the same reason. yea they look dumb, but i don't give a shit. it's about functionality to me instead of looks. for the head, i just do sunblock. i don't like wearing hats

Dark Star

dress like a retired person in Florida. full sleeve linen shirts and pants, sun hats, sun glasses.

I always liked the way Dexter dressed, seems comfy and cool, but still dressed up enough for work/going to dinner/etc

PradoAndDextersBeach2.jpg

Last edited:

Havoc2049

Embrace the sun with shorts, a shirt (t-shirt or collared) and flip flops. Go with something like 8 or 16 spf sunscreen and your skin will get darker over time.

Top Bottom