• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive in next months EDGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Phil said fairly recently (Feb?) that we would find out more about Sunset Overdrive E3, then this happened and he said the plan changed a little. I think they're trying to ensure it gets the seperate coverage they think the game deserves and between last E3 and now theyre just letting Insomniac get on with making the game, in latter years of the 360 MS tended to leave games to be announced they year they shipped, obviously they couldnt do that last E3 but it still has the same public showing.

As its Microsoft (probably) only big new IP coming this holiday I would expect a big marketing effort behind it.

Always was gonna get shown pre-E3. We just didn't know exactly when so it's been fluid.

We have tons of good stuff for E3 too though

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I predict this game is going to be the Xbox One's Infamous: a totally competent open world game but ultimately completely forgettable that nobody will care about a month after it is released.

If there is one word this game IS NOT, that word would be "forgettable"

The Flash

Banned
Always was gonna get shown pre-E3. We just didn't know exactly when so it's been fluid.

Hmm...something tells me jstevenson works for Insomniac or is a professional stripper.

I'm going with stripper because he's such a tease.

PhatSaqs

Banned
oDxLPKX.gif

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Is the game open world cause if so then yeah, but if it's more linear then maybe

I'll lump that in with the "feel" portion of my cynical outlook... The early stuff and everything else i've seen - to me - sells it as this open city where you can jumpflip your way around however the hell you see fit.

If it ends up being something almost more akin to a race track (even a fairly open and expansive one) ... that would be... disappointing?

a crazy jet set radio with extreme violence vibe could be pretty shweet tho....

rrc1594

I'll lump that in with the "feel" portion of my cynical outlook... The early stuff and everything else i've seen - to me - sells it as this open city where you can jumpflip your way around however the hell you see fit.

If it ends up being something almost more akin to a race track (even a fairly open and expansive one) ... that would be... disappointing?

a crazy jet set radio with extreme violence vibe could be pretty shweet tho....

Well this my make you happy

@insanedead @Friscoh we definitely have a soft spot for JSR!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Not the box art. Same guys who made that, ilovedust, made our box art tho (though don't expect minimalism- still really good art tho!). You'll see it soon

Intriguing...but I just don't have the funds or time to buy every single platform...one current gen system, one portable, and PC..

Wish you guys (insomniac) didn't go exclusive but I guess MS was more willing to pony up...art style looks very awesome, and open world seems to be finally taking off this gen with more genres.

Insomniac made one of the best franchises in resistance that seemed to go downhill a bit, but that first one was truly special. I hope to see that spark in this title,I'll play it on a borrowed x1 if you guys knock it out again.

V_Ben

Banned
We bought an Xbox One for the office yesterday, which I plan on taking home with me when this game comes out. Ohhh yeah.

Lynq

Banned
Wonder when we will hear about microtransactions.

Buy XP boost! Buy costumes! Yay!

Sorry, but X1 game without this shit seems so unreal.

Did We say no co-op?

Campaign/story is single-player.

There is multiplayer as well, as you saw in the E3 teaser....

Lawd!

ox8wXxh.gif

Not the box art. Same guys who made that, ilovedust, made our box art tho (though don't expect minimalism- still really good art tho!). You'll see it soon

This is disappointing, but I'm glad the same guys are working on the new box art.

Makes sense. The game itself doesn't exactly scream minimalism, rather maximalism.

Insomniac are going to have to do something really special with this one to bring back their fans, as their last few games haven't been so good.

Latest Ratchet was good fun.

RulkezX

Insomniac are going to have to do something really special with this one to bring back their fans, as their last few games haven't been so good.

Sadly I agree. I have little hype for SO and it's mainly down to how poor insomniac have been in recent years. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised , though.

one more thing
2495249-sunsetoverdrive_chemicalsmile_withlogo_final_smal.jpg

can you make sure that is the box art for the game :-3 tank u

This would be pretty badass as a boxart, but I'm happy to hear the same guy is working on it.

They somehow have to get this game out in either July or August. Going into the fall could be a death sentence

Even if later I think the game will be fine because people are more than willing to get more than one game within a short span of time. I know everybody focuses on the first month of sales, and what titles get matched up against one another in any given month, but I think if a game is genuinely good, it always manages to find its intended audience one way or the other no matter what else is out there.

V_Ben

Banned

If you can, it would be awesome to get that as an alternate sleeve, maybe on the inside ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom