• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT2| We Promise Nothing and Deliver Less

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't played the vita game but from what I hear it's more akin to Musou games.

If you dislike fanservice, then you shouldn't get it. It's clearly a fanservice game first and foremost.

But it has responsive controls, launchers, air combos, supers... nothing groundbreaking, but it's nice mindless fun. It does get repetitive, though. Like I said, Burst has a decent story along with it, I think. And despite what you see in screenshots, the fanservice isn't quite as pervasive as you'd assume. It's basically restricted to exactly what you've already seen in any gifs (it's rated T).

I don't know about Shinovi Versus. People say it's better. It's more of a Musou than a beat'em up, and there's more fanservice. There's also online play with up to four players, I believe. There are a lot of different characters with different playstyles. Not really sure if the story is any good.

I see. Thanks for the info. Still not sure if I want to pick it up or not. Guess I'll give it some more thought.

So... you guys refer to the Vita as "Liam"?

Well, that's not strange. That's not strange at all.

SMH. You should know the reason for that.

I like you. Katsuragi is definitely best girl.

Her wiki literally says "A tomboy through and through, she wears nothing under her school uniform, which she doesn't dress properly to begin with. She also loves girls, and prone to deliver unwelcome sexual harassment upon them." BestGirl4lyfe.

What the hell is a Liam?

He's the young camper/rising star and senpai to all even though he's younger than everyone everywhere.

He's also a vita.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Will it play psp games?

I think so? I'm not sure. There's a compatibility list somewhere. I wouldn't think there'd be any reason why PSP or PS1 games couldn't be played.

Her wiki literally says "A tomboy through and through, she wears nothing under her school uniform, which she doesn't dress properly to begin with. She also loves girls, and prone to deliver unwelcome sexual harassment upon them." BestGirl4lyfe.

NLavzXa.gif

joe2187

Banned
If you dislike fanservice, then you shouldn't get it. It's clearly a fanservice game first and foremost.

But it has responsive controls, launchers, air combos, supers... nothing groundbreaking, but it's nice mindless fun. It does get repetitive, though. Like I said, Burst has a decent story along with it, I think. And despite what you see in screenshots, the fanservice isn't quite as pervasive as you'd assume. It's basically restricted to exactly what you've already seen in any gifs (it's rated T).

I don't know about Shinovi Versus. People say it's better. It's more of a Musou than a beat'em up, and there's more fanservice. There's also online play with up to four players, I believe. There are a lot of different characters with different playstyles. Not really sure if the story is any good.

And then there's SK: Dekamori...

iNWSjdUX69hTk.gif

Alfebit

Banned
^Although that one is pure fanservice. 2lewd4thisthread

I think so? I'm not sure. There's a compatibility list somewhere. I wouldn't think there'd be any reason why PSP or PS1 games couldn't be played.

Alright thanks. I ask because I want to play P3 and if the VitaTV couldn't play it, I'd have to look into an actual vita.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Alright thanks. I ask because I want to play P3 and if the VitaTV couldn't play it, I'd have to look into an actual vita.

From Kotaku:
While the selection of Vita games the Vita TV can play at launch is rather limited, it is capable of playing every PSP and original PlayStation game that is currently available in the Japanese PSN store [Edit] that is currently playable on a handheld Vita. This means there are thousands of games playable on this tiny little box for your retro enjoyment.

Whoops. Sorry for the double post.

SUCCESS!! I was scared near the end as it didn't look like the system was reading discs. But after doing a little tinkering and what not, my PS2 modification is a success and am now ready to play import games! Maybe.

I still need to wait for my Magic Swap discs to arrive and the import game I ordered before I know for sure. But at least my PS2 still works for regular games.

SUCCESS!! I was scared near the end as it didn't look like the system was reading discs. But after doing a little tinkering and what not, my PS2 modification is a success and am now ready to play import games! Maybe.

I still need to wait for my Magic Swap discs to arrive and the import game I ordered before I know for sure. But at least my PS2 still works for regular games.

I think you meant to say :prodigious!!

God, why do I know that from the show??

Reminder to post a tagline you want in the next OT. I'm going to put up the vote sometime this friday.

This time just keep it to one if you can.

Alright, I finally got back up to the last day in Persona 4, after having to
refight the fake final bosses again.
Now to see the true ending that was already spoiled for me by the anime... here we go!

Now to see the true ending that was already spoiled for me by the anime... here we go!

I literally just finished the true end of P4G again right now, I'm watching the final cutscenes, I had forgotten how good it was. P4G spoilers
Timeskip Kanji still looks weird to me, but I guess that is kinda the point

Not build it up or anything, but it's pretty good
and different from the anime
. You got stuff to look forward too.

Not build it up or anything, but it's pretty good
and different from the anime
. You got stuff to look forward too.

Well that's promising atleast... though so far it's pretty close...
In retrospect, they really hid this ending. Only thing that even hints at it I could find, even in retrospect, is a single line from Teddie on the last day.... must be pretty awesome to find this on your own.

Well that's promising atleast... though so far it's pretty close...
In retrospect, they really hid this ending. Only thing that even hints at it I could find, even in retrospect, is a single line from Teddie on the last day.... must be pretty awesome to find this on your own.
Hah, I failed to get the good ending twice on my own. After emotional destruction I looked up the dialogue choices (feeling stupid in retrospect). I didn't even realize there was a true ending till a few days after I beat the game. I can only imagine the first people to find it.

By the by, I think we should almost recycle the whole poll from the last OT. There were some great ones in there.

Shackzam

The Corkscrew positioning buff in the Akihiko vid is so good. I need to watch more of this vid.

EDIT: And canceling the persona buff looks really trick, but awesome when pulled off.

I've actually never played Sentab Kagura, though gauging from this thread it seems like a serviceable game with dem asses, titties and waifus.

I'll look into getting one. Is there a particular entry point or does it not matter?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I've actually never played Sentab Kagura, though gauging from this thread it seems like a serviceable game with dem asses, titties and waifus.

I'll look into getting one. Is there a particular entry point or does it not matter?

There's only one released in the US right now, the 3DS one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom