• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 6: Six Threads and a Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duplolas

Banned
I think there's also the larger audience of people talking about LoL and how many people make other people play it. Marketing also takes a part, league spends so much more on marketing than volvo. vovlo just lets it sit in their steam and have people play.

I guess that is true. If Valve really cared enough I am sure they could launch a large enough marketing campaign for TF2 and Dota 2 that would make their games way more popular than they are currently.

And don't get me wrong, they both are already super popular. Dota 2 is at #3 for the most played PC games and TF2 is at #15, but if Valve really put their mind to it, I am sure they could get tons of more players.

I kinda want to put Chaobreaker's idea of making a Friendcast thread once a week in gaming section into effect. I think I'd need to speak to a mod about asking if that's ok to make a thread every week, or a on topic Friendcast thread to bump.

We couldn't go off topic in there, and it'd be a great way to get new people to get into Best Friends.

I know I'm a bit late on this, but I think the friendcast thread could work if there were more gaming news. They mainly talked about movies in this one, so it wouldn't be good if it was in the gaming section right? I don't know anything about the Bombcast's topics, so I could be wrong.

Zenfalcia

It goes way deeper than that. There's stuff like slower turn speeds, creep blocking, jungle stacking, etc. There's just way more concepts and such in Dota that make it's meta game way deeper than League. Which is why League is more beginner friendly.

Yep. i'm missing a lot of other stuff, but league is more beginner friendly.

I guess that is true. If Valve really cared enough I am sure they could launch a large enough marketing campaign for TF2 and Dota 2 that would make their games way more popular than they are currently.

And don't get me wrong, they both are already super popular. Dota 2 is at #3 for the most played PC games and TF2 is at #15, but if Valve really put their mind to it, I am sure they could get tons of more players.

Also Dota 2 requires knowing about steam and knowing how to use steam. Most people on League just goes to the site and download the client. It's easy and hassle free. Valve could but probably won't since it's doing so well already with little or no marketing.

I know I'm a bit late on this, but I think the friendcast thread could work if there were more gaming news. They mainly talked about movies in this one, so it wouldn't be good if it was in the gaming section right? I don't know anything about the Bombcast's topics, so I could be wrong.

I've listened a few bombcast and they are pretty much the same thing. The guys talk about what they've been doing, move on to some gaming stuff, and then questions. Only difference is that bombcasts are about 1 hour long as opposed to the friendcasts which are usually 3. Nevermind, I'm wrong.

Okay so I open up Steam right now and there's a green thing at the top asking me if my email is still the same. I say yes and they say they sent an email. I check the email and they tell me to click a link to confirm. I do that and the Steam page it takes me to is in Russian. Am I about to get fucked?

Okay so I open up Steam right now and there's a green thing at the top asking me if my email is still the same. I say yes and they say they sent an email. I check the email and they tell me to click a link to confirm. I do that and the Steam page it takes me to is in Russian. Am I about to get fucked?

Treat your PC like a house with a spider in it and burn it down.

Duplolas

Banned
Also Dota 2 requires knowing about steam and knowing how to use steam. Most people on League just goes to the site and download the client. It's easy and hassle free. Valve could but probably won't since it's doing so well already with little or no marketing.

Yeah. Thats also true.

I wonder how much money Valve makes off of people buying items from each of their games respective stores vs the money they make off of taking a percentage off of each deal made on the Steam Community Market.

Вы уже мертвы.

Your probably ok. When I visit the Steam official site, I usually get fonts in different languages.

Duplolas

Banned
Вы уже мертвы.

Вся команда младенцев

Shotgun_Heavy_by_agentscarlet.jpg

Mr.Towel

I've listened a few bombcast and they are pretty much the same thing. The guys talk about what they've been doing, move on to some gaming stuff, and then questions. Only difference is that bombcasts are about 1 hour long as opposed to the friendcasts which are usually 3.

Not to get into symantics here but bombcasts normally break 3 hours. Some people get disappointed when an episode is "only" 2 hours long.

Вся команда младенцев

Я живу! Запустите трус!

Not to get into symantics here but bombcasts normally break 3 hours. Some people get disappointed when an episode is "only" 2 hours long.

Oh, my bad. I guess I mixed them up with another podcast.

Jman014

Oh my god button bashers? Jump and runners? Are you fuckers serious?

Reminds me of grand strategy games like Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis 4, except it's an actual genre on PC. Less so of military simulators like ArmA 3 but are still interesting games. Fuck DayZ though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom