• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Hexagon |OT| a VVVVVVery cool Terry Cavanagh game on iOS (PC/Mac later)

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
3mLUctl.png

I feel so Korean right now :)

japtor

I feel so Korean right now :)
Well I actually am Korean...

ZxC9uEi.png

Only damn level I haven't been able to break 120 seconds on.

Also got this on Steam finally a little while ago, and had some trouble getting used to playing with the arrow keys. I ended up hooking up my USB Saturn pad and mapping left/right to both the dpad and B/C buttons so I can play more like I do on the iPhone/iPad (left thumb for left, right thumb for right).

So, I just beat Hexagonest (after beating both Hyper Hexagon and Hyper Hexagoner, Hyper Hexagonest is going to be AWFUL) and
I got to a black and white section where I was immediately surrounded by a full hexagon and inevitably lost, after which I was presented with the credits. Was I supposed to immediately lose or is there something I could've done?
This happened to me on Hexagonest AND Hyper Hexagonest.

I honestly feel like I have less stress in my life after finally beating Hyper Hexagonest.

God, I would be foaming at the mouth.

So, I just beat Hexagonest (after beating both Hyper Hexagon and Hyper Hexagoner, Hyper Hexagonest is going to be AWFUL) and
I got to a black and white section where I was immediately surrounded by a full hexagon and inevitably lost, after which I was presented with the credits. Was I supposed to immediately lose or is there something I could've done?
You automatically lose the first time you get to that part. Have fun mastering the art of getting through the first 60 seconds of Hyper Hexagonest just to practice the part that comes after it!

I set my new record on Hyper Hexagonest by a hair a day or so ago --- 326:27.

japtor

I guess if we're gonna cover it up:
Yeah, the first time you clear it it does that (...although I thought that was for Hyper Hexagonest's initial "ending" actually). Next time you play through it it'll proceed normally to Hyper Hexagonest like how the other levels proceed to the next one.
God, I would be foaming at the mouth.
On one hand you get used to it cause god knows it happens a lot, but it's still painful every time.

Feep

Banned
Congrats, man. :)

Now tell me, was that ending not one of your proudest gaming moments of all time?
Straight up, top three. 100% F-Zero GX and full-chaining the first three stages of Ikaruga are probably the other two.

I posted it on Facebook as well, and two people who had played the game literally didn't believe me. = D

NEO0MJ

Been playing it after buying it on steam today. Game is hard but I was doing OK, until all of a sudden my eyes could no longer tell between the lines I'm supposed to avoid and the background and I kept dying in less than 5 seconds. I need a rest X_X

Top Bottom