• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario All-Stars 25th Anniversary Edition coming to Europe

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
richisawesome said:
Sure they can, and can be done so on SNES9Xwii.
SMW:
Dpad - Move
1 - Run
2 - Jump
B - Spinjump
+ - Start
- - Select.

That's all you need.

No, it's not...

1) You need L and R buttons to move the screen.
2) Pressing B is a lousy choice for a spin jump.

I'm not saying the game couldn't be redesigned to use NES controls, but that it currently doesn't function well using NES controls.

MidnightScott said:
These are the SNES versions of the old games, so wouldn't you need a classic controller to play them?

these are NES games with updated graphics so why would you need a classic controller?

MidnightScott said:
Okay that is a bit ridiculous. The Wii is just red, it's not like it has artwork on the cover or something. lol

It's not JUST red. It comes pre-installed with a game that you can only get by buying the Red Wii. If you're in Japan it comes with Super Mario Bros. 25th anniversary Edition. If you're in Europe it comes with Donkey Kong: Original Edition. as of this time, it's not known if there will be other ways to acquire those two games. May god help us if there isn't.

also, I gots it. 2,250 yen. Yay. Gots 35 Club Nintendo points for this (with 5 or 10 more coming later via post play survey); plus, I got entered into the 25th anniversary lottery to win a Mario tote bag. Not bad at all for this price. Not bad at all!

mario25th.jpg

Any word on what the contents of the soundtrack CD is yet?

My copy of the game is apparently just waiting to ship, should hopefully get it in a couple of weeks. Also the DSi XL has been dispatched and will arrive tomorrow morning so I'll snap a few pictures of it then - assuming nobody else posts some first. :)

Azure Phoenix said:
My copy of the game is apparently just waiting to ship, should hopefully get it in a couple of weeks. Also the DSi XL has been dispatched and will arrive tomorrow morning so I'll snap a few pictures of it then - assuming nobody else posts some first. :)

Can't wait. I long for it so badly...

Azure Phoenix said:
Any word on what the contents of the soundtrack CD is yet?

Soundtrack Track List:

1. Super Mario Bros. -- Main BGM
2. Super Mario Bros. 2 (Super Mario usa) -- Main BGM
3. Super Mario Bros. 3 -- atheletic BGM (Main BGM)
4. Super Mario World -- Main BGM
5. Super Mario 64 -- "Slider" (Theme from the slide levels)
6. Super Mario Sunshine -- Delphino Plaza Theme
7. New Super Mario Bros. -- Main BGM
8. Super Mario Galaxy -- Super Mario Galaxy Theme
9. New Super Mario Bros. Wii -- Title Theme
10. Super Mario Galaxy 2 -- Super Mario Galaxy 2 Theme

additionally, there are ten Mario sound effects from the original SMB included:

11. Coin SE
12. Mario's Jump SE
13. Mario Grows SE
14. 1UP SE
15. Mario Shrinks SE
16. Time Up Indicator SE
17. Lose a Life SE
18. Game Over SE
19. Level Clear SE
20. World Clear SE

The booklet itself is nothing special. Some few concept art and one page spotlights for each of the main Super Mario games. Nothing I'd want to pay for, to be honest. It's more like something that should be given away at a convention or something.

Very disappointing, I was hoping for a "best of" compilation of music and a book full of concept art. Well at least I don't have to pick up the European release as well to have the booklet in English.

bPod

^ that beautiful; makes me want DS XL, but I think I'll wait til 3DS

Just got notification that my anniversary edition shipped early this morning :D

*drools*

That looks even better in person, the top looked like it would be matte going by the promo image but I'm really glad it's glossy instead. Tomorrow can't come soon enough!

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Mockingbird said:
If you're in Europe it comes with Donkey Kong: Original Edition. as of this time, it's not known if there will be other ways to acquire those two games.

Given that we've yet to be given any reason to believe it's anything OTHER than the NES Donkey Kong (which is the "original", as opposed to one of the Donkey Kong Country games), it's not that big of a deal.

Folks seem to have gotten all excited about the term "Original Edition." If they mean the arcade version, I'm fairly sure they would have made a big deal about it.

Top Bottom