• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

spats said:
Never got around to playing the first one because it's still incredibly expensive so will propably skip this one too. Nice op though.
You are depriving yourself, plus if you preorder number 2 from Amazon you get $20 towards your next game purchase.

Jasoco

Banned
Cannot wait! Day one! As long as I can find it. I'm tempted to actually go to GameStop for the first time in forever and pre-order it just to make sure since I don't trust Kmart with day one releases. Especially on a Sunday. Or I should order it offline...

I was gonna take advantage of Walmart.com's $20 gift card offer, but all the shipping options are delivered by May 28th at the EARLIEST. Even the "one-day shipping". What?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Mario-Galaxy-w-Bonus-10-Walmart.com-eGift-Card-Wii/14044111

Penguin

I can't wait, literally pre-ordered this as soon as Amazon allowed you to, and it worked out well. Getting for $35 bucks on launch with a $20 gift card.

My only regret is won't be in town for the NWS launch party this time.

Merovin

God damn you Europe! Luckily I haven't completed the first Galaxy yet, better make getting the rest of those stars last another month!

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
For some reason, I can't wrap my head around the fact that I am getting a sequel to my favorite Mario game of all time.

Oh yes.

Boney

Banned
Based on all the interviews Miyamoto has done, and the sheer enjoyance I got while playing Galaxy. I can safely say that this game will be the best Wii has to offer, and wow us all in the same level the first Galaxy did.

Going back the original Galaxy thread, and seeing how everybody tried it, and fell in love with it. I can't wait for it to happen again.

Seriously people, if you have the chance to play it, don't miss out on it.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
jump_button said:
:( I liked Super Mario Galaxy 2: The Thread of Sailing the Galaxy on a BIG FUCKING MARIO FACE!!!

This, or something else equally as cool.

The OP turned out really nicely, but THE THREAD only works as a title if you don't put SMG2 next to it. Now the title just looks boring, unimaginative, and lame. :(

Great job with the OP though Willy! :D

Boney

Banned
Skiesofwonder said:
This, or something else equally as cool.

The OP turned out really nicely, but THE THREAD only works as a title if you don't put SMG2 next to it. Now the title just looks boring, unimaginative, and lame. :(

Yeah I feel the same way. I would've thought something like the second coming of our lord and saviour, or thread of the game of the forever, or extend your arms (with Yoshi!).
But I thread title is the last thing on my mind when it comes to this game.
Great thread Wily!

L00P

That five-second clip of Bowser punching a planet that Mario's standing on is my one and only reason of getting this game:lol

He made a freakin' crater dammit!

klier

Great thread! So glad I never got rid of my Wii. Never play the thing, but EAD gems like this is all I need!

AAAAAAAHHHH for living in Europe! This will be so hard with all the Americans already playing :D

RBH

Skiesofwonder said:

Agreed.

polyh3dron said:
A smack in the face.

You are part of the problem.

Get it from Amazon and get a $20 credit fool!
gamestop offers $20 credit towards future game (online only) Same thing unless you're into more deals from amazon.

TreIII

L00P said:
That five-second clip of Bowser punching a planet that Mario's standing on is my one and only reason of getting this game:lol

He made a freakin' crater dammit!

"HYOOGE-ASS!" Bowser is definitely a selling point for me, as well.

I'm still waiting for the day Bowser gets his own game. Til then, seeing Nintendo treating him with the respect due to gaming's original villainous bad-ass is very fine too. :D

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Won't get this until probably the 27th because of Super Saver Shipping with Amazon, but I don't really care. Graduation parties will keep me busy until then. :D

Boney

Banned
TreIII said:
"HYOOGE-ASS!" Bowser is definitely a selling point for me, as well.

I'm still waiting for the day Bowser gets his own game. Til then, seeing Nintendo treating him with the respect due to gaming's original villainous bad-ass is very fine too. :D
You could argue that Bowser's Inside Story was his game.

Rich!

Kard8p3 said:
Here's a nice pic of our giant koopa friend. Some might consider it spoilerish so I'll just post the link instead of actually posting the pic here.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/Xemnas_89/Bowsersmg2.jpg

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

I hope the final boss doesn't suck like it did in SMG. I mean the music and scenery was fucking incredible but it was about as difficult as a typical first boss.

Jasoco

Banned
brandonh83 said:
I hope the final boss doesn't suck like it did in SMG. I mean the music and scenery was fucking incredible but it was about as difficult as a typical first boss.
NSMBW's Bowser was the best battle I ever had. If SMG2's is anything like that it will be amazing.

So where is the best place to buy and still be able to be playing the game on release day? Will any online stores deliver by Sunday?

Lijik

brandonh83 said:

I feel exactly the same way. The level leading up to it was balls-out great as well which only heightened my disappointment.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
My brother was just playing the first one with his girlfriend half an hour ago and I noticed most of the save slots are my replays. I wish I could be playing Galaxy 2 right now.

Ranger X

BlackNMild2k1 said:
Now it says U R MI ALY (You Are My Ally)

It actually says YAMRU (Yes I am, are you?)
Long story short, it such a perfect sequel that even the new box's stars are answering the first game box's star!
( Are you mister gay? ... Yes I am, are you?)

GAME OF THE FOREVER

Top Bottom