• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 |OT| with >NEW< hat!

RBH

handofg0d said:
12480410ed24.png
:lol

Platy

brandonh83 said:
I hope the final boss doesn't suck like it did in SMG. I mean the music and scenery was fucking incredible but it was about as difficult as a typical first boss.

Mario games always had crap boss battles .... wich i simply saw as people looking at the wrong places

Mario's Boss are actualy the castles and boss STAGES !
It is a plataforming .. so nothing more normal than a harder plataformin as a boss

Wich is why i love NSMBW's boss ... it was never that clear to me how the boss is actualy insane plataforming till that boss =P

I hate motion controls in mario but this will still be the first game in a long time that i am buying day 1.

This game looks amazing, i would even say it looks better than any other game this gen.

Can't wait to get my hands on this thing.

WillyFive

I really wish I could change topic titles.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 THE THREAD will look better in the front page.

Edit: Hmmmm...I now have three threads made by me in the front page. I wonder if that's a good or bad thing.

Yay, official awesome thread!
27 days in europe :(
At least I will end college exams. :)

Hey Willy, you could add this to the comic section, if you dont mind.
LOST_Mario_Galaxy.jpg

If I had time I would love to do a video of it with Giacchino music :lol

Johnas

I had no idea this was releasing on a Sunday. Even better.

So I guess brick and mortars should have this in-store Sunday morning when they open? This qualifies as a big enough title that it's shipped a few days in advance, and they have to sit on it until release, right?

Can't believe it's been over 2 years since I've put my hands on the most memorable gaming experience this gen. And I expect the same thing from this one no less.

I started out playing SMG. felt boring until i got the bee suit! really enjoying it. Hopefully SMG2 just starts out with the action. Don't want to know that bowser kidnapped peach again :lol.

EDIT: game doesn't look pretty on an HDTV though :x

Platy

Lijik said:
This sounds like a poor rebuttal for a game that had some pretty decent boss encounters throughout.

Sorry, expressed myself poorly ... happens a lot =(

What i meant is that, for a game so awesome, most mario games usualy have 3 second boss fights with simplistic patterns ... wich are good (see koopalings fanbase), but not even 10% near as awesome as the rest of the game..... simply because mario focus is on plataforming, not enemy killing =x

I'm going to buy a Wii (finished the first one though) for this game, what's up with the shitty bundles ? It sucks to buy the system without a decent game to play with.

WillyFive

LordPhoque said:
I'm going to buy a Wii (finished the first one though) for this game, what's up with the shitty bundles ? It sucks to buy the system without a decent game to play with.

They sell one at Walmart with Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort, in black even.

Reknoc

Oh neat, didn't realise it was getting a tin like NSMBW, will get that one.

Finally got the 120 stars in the first game so time to do that all over again (I have plenty of time thanks to NoE).

Killer

Banned
So i Played half way through Mario Galaxy 1 and i lost my save for that game. Do you guys recommend that i start Mario Galaxy 1 over again or just start with Galaxy 2?

Thanks.

zigg

Killer said:
So i Played half way through Mario Galaxy 1 and i lost my save for that game. Do you guys recommend that i start Mario Galaxy 1 over again or just start with Galaxy 2?

If you only got halfway through G1, you missed some of the best parts. G2 will still be here when you are done, and it sounds like a logical progression gameplay-wise besides.

WillyFive

Lkr said:
Argh I am a failure. I've had the first one for 2-3 years now and still haven't beat it

It's OK, if you can get yourself to think like a bunch of people I heard of, you could just get to the ending credits that appear halfway through the game, and then convince yourself you finished it!

But you should still finish it, a lot of awesome and mind blowing things happen in the stages you might have missed in the second half of the game.

-KRS-

Will there be a tin case preorder deal in Europe as well?
Or is it going to get the Metroid Prime Trilogy CE PAL treatment with a paper sleeve?

Weenerz

Banned
smokeymicpot said:
Last episode of Lost and Mario Galaxy 2 the same day. How awesome is that.

I wonder if I can beat SMG2 before Lost comes on at 7pm, it'll only be 9 and a half hours of SMG2.

TreIII

Boney said:
You could argue that Bowser's Inside Story was his game.

A very great game, but not quite the "Bowser game" I want.

In all of the games starring Mario's friends and "friendly rivals" (DK, Wario), have THEY had to share the spotlight with Mario?

Beyond the likes of Mario Land 3: Wario Land (where Mario's name is in the title), the answer is no. They've all had their own adventures where Mario either plays a significantly reduced role, or doesn't even appear at all.

To this date, Bowser is the last one of the "immediate Mario circle" who has yet to have such a game unto himself (Toad counts, if Wario's Woods has anything to say about it). You'd think that after making it plain that Bowser can carry a game by himself in the various RPGs, they would have given us such a game by now. Alas...

So, until that day that Bowser gets his own game, I'm going to continue clamoring for one. And if the likes of a loser like Waluigi gets a game first, well then, it's a good thing that other topic hooked me up with pictures of NOA's new HQ. They'll be FIRST on my list! :lol :lol

:mad:

Top Bottom