• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Meat Boy |OT|

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Zomba13 said:
I'm downloading the trail right now (for the trial exclusive ending animation) then I'm gonna buy it.

Trial-exclusive ending - now it makes sense why it ended like that! :lol

I wanted to try out the demo quickly before I left, ended up playing it out plus some Dark Levels and a Warp Zone - man, this game is addictive and really old-school brutal!

Levels are something on their own, but if you're like me, you're going to see the bandages in the hard-as-hell Warp Zones and try to grab them AND beat the levels, despite the fact that you've only been playing the game for max 15 minutes and haven't 100% mastered the jumps and speed yet - which still surprisingly are quick to get used to.

When I get home, the game gets bought.

Oh, and don't forget the free DLC the game gets - apparently they can easily add free DLC whenever they want due to the way it can be saved or something like that.

Danielsan

I just got teh internets. Completely finished the first world. Off to the second one! Addictive as hell! :D
I also got the kill screen level that Brad got in his quick look. Still need to tackle that one.

Danielsan said:
I just got teh internets. Completely finished the first world. Off to the second one! Addictive as hell! :D
I also got the kill screen level that Brad got in his quick look. Still need to tackle that one.

how did you unlock the killscreen stage?

Danielsan

Narpas Sword0 said:
how did you unlock the killscreen stage?
I was trying to get the fucking bandage on dark level 14 using Gish. Every now and then after so many tries Bandage Girl would glitch out. If you finish the level when she does this you get the killscreen stage.

The game is a lying bitch by the way. I got 125% in world 1 and 22/20 bandages. :lol

Hige

Level 6-5.

Must have died at least 300 times. Still haven't beaten it.

I'm going to bed. :lol my controller's A button is making an abnormal clicking sound now. :(

Danielsan

Hige said:
Level 6-5.

Must have died at least 300 times. Still haven't beaten it.

I'm going to bed. :lol my controller's A button is making an abnormal clicking sound now. :(
Dude I'm at 2-7 and my stats say 722 so... :lol

jeffpm said:
Ugh, the 1-14 Dark bandage is killing me (pun intended). This game is super addicting.
Use Gish.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Dacvak said:
trollGuy.png

I'm giving you no explanation besides that this is in the game.

I fucking love this game.
quote for the new page

Jucksalbe

Banned
Did anyone manage to 100% the demo yet? I'm at 48% und 6/13 bandages and played all 13 light and dark stages, A+ grade everywhere, cleared (one) warp zone. Dunno what else to do. Are 100% possible in the demo at all?

Yeah, yeah, I'll buy the game later on, but for now I want those 100%!

Edit: Managed to find another bandage. :)

Edit2: And another one. 51% now.

S1kkZ

jeffpm said:
Ugh, the 1-14 Dark bandage is killing me (pun intended). This game is super addicting.
jill is the best for that. she can glide when you hammer on the A button.
you can get her in
2 - 8

Beezy

I just spent about 30 mins on the demo alone thanks to the evil dark world stages. How long will it be selling for 800 points?

Hixx

I'm 15th on the 2-17 leaderboard. Quite happy with that :D

The light levels are pretty easy, the true challenge comes from trying to finish it ASAP. 2-17... must've taken 50 goes for me to get that time, great level tho.

Chapter 3 so far has been a breeze, yet probably my favourite so far for some reason. Maybe I just like the colour palette on these levels..

Danielsan

HixxSAFC said:
I'm 15th on the 2-17 leaderboard. Quite happy with that :D

The light levels are pretty easy, the true challenge comes from trying to finish it ASAP. 2-17... must've taken 50 goes for me to get that time, great level tho.

Chapter 3 so far has been a breeze, yet probably my favourite so far for some reason. Maybe I just like the colour palette on these levels..
Are people already cheating or something? I'm 22nd on the 2-9 leaderboard and the first three have a time of 0.00...

Same with 2-13. I'm 7nd on that one and number 1 has a time of 0.00.

Rad-

Already found a "glitch" (or maybe intended, not sure) that would take me to top 3 time on that level if I could do it again (only managed to pull it off once but died in a part after that nooooo). Takes off like 4 seconds of the original time.

Looking at the leaderboards, I bet the composer of the game has used the same method as he's number 2 with quite a lead on everyone else below him.

Edit: Well just after that pulled it off. I'm number 4. Could have been faster even but I played the end part safe. :lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I totally forgot that the characters that you unlock each have special abilities - now there'll be a proper reason for me to skip bandages for levels until I get all of the characters unlocked!

Skilotonn said:
I totally forgot that the characters that you unlock each have special abilities - now there'll be a proper reason for me to skip bandages for levels until I get all of the characters unlocked!
The level will count as finished just as usual even with another character, right? As in you'll still get grades and bandages no matter which character you use.

Danielsan

Okay this game needs some bug fixing.
I just got the 2-18 bandage 3 times and it won't show up on my map that I got it, but it does keep adding a bandage to my score. Same for 2-20. :lol

Danielsan said:
Okay this game needs some bug fixing.
I just got the 2-18 bandage 3 times and it won't show up on my map that I got it, but it does keep adding a bandage to my score. Same for 2-20. :lol
Happened to me once, turned out the game wasn't saving. Exit and go back in, and you'll have lost some progress since (maybe) your last bootup. Collected the bandage and it worked fine next time though.

S1kkZ

toythatkills said:
Happened to me once, turned out the game wasn't saving. Exit and go back in, and you'll have lost some progress since (maybe) your last bootup. Collected the bandage and it worked fine next time though.

yep, there is a save bug. hope they fix it soon.

Danielsan

toythatkills said:
Okay fuck this game. I lost a shit ton of progress.

so1337

Bought it and played it for 2 hours straight.

Died 500 times.

I'm not kidding. That's what the statistics say. Ridiculous. But SO MUCH FUN. :lol

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I want this game, but it seems too gruesome, considering I have a four year old and a wife who would likely be turned off by this.

I wish they hadn't gone with the aesthetic they chose, it could've had more universal appeal like mario or sonic.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
AndyMoogle said:
The level will count as finished just as usual even with another character, right? As in you'll still get grades and bandages no matter which character you use.

No idea, I'm away from the game at the moment, haven't bought it yet nor did I unlock any of the characters in the demo - I'll be all over it when I do in while though.

Danielsan

VanMardigan said:
I want this game, but it seems too gruesome, considering I have a four year old and a wife who would likely be turned off by this.

I wish they hadn't gone with the aesthetic they chose, it could've had more universal appeal like mario or sonic.
Don't kid yourself. This game wouldn't get universal appeal if they changed the graphical style and cut the gore. It's hard as nails.

Apoc29

VanMardigan said:

Doesn't your family eat meat? Probably slathered with ketchup or barbeque sauce. There's your solution, it's just ketchup.

Gowans

S1kkZ said:
yep, there is a save bug. hope they fix it soon.
God I hope I don't get that.
It also boots to main menu when another download finishes.

Love this game, coming to the end of ch2. Thumb still hurting.

S1kkZ

Gowans007 said:
God I hope I don't get that.
It also boots to main menu when another download finishes.

Love this game, coming to the end of ch2. Thumb still hurting.

its pretty easy to spot: if you get back to the map and it doesnt show earned bandages or completed levels/warp zones, then you have it. i now check the map after every 2 levels.

Danielsan

S1kkZ said:
its pretty easy to spot: if you get back to the map and it doesnt show earned bandages or completed levels/warp zones, then you have it. i now check the map after every 2 levels.
It does show completed levels though so...

Nabs

team meat: @notch hey notch.. hows about you let us use mr. mincraft as a playable charater in the pc version :) (putting you on the spot)

notch: @SuperMeatBoy permission hereby granted! I need to add meat blocks.

:lol :D

GWX

Nabs said:
team meat: @notch hey notch.. hows about you let us use mr. mincraft as a playable charater in the pc version :) (putting you on the spot)

notch: @SuperMeatBoy permission hereby granted! I need to add meat blocks.

:lol :D

Awesome. :lol

Top Bottom